Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ViPEC - Is it the new ECU of the Future?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Paradis
    .....that can match the Vipec at it's price...
    It's funny you should mention price......because noone else in the world seems to want to talk about it in public, so really, how do we know what it can compete with ?.

Frankly, crap like this is the main reason I will steer clear of this unit (regardless of it being the best thing since sliced bread....so I am told), thanks to it's clever marketing and sneaky (yet EXTREMELY transparent) attempts at Dealer margin/price protection by refusing to truly 'compete' with the rest of the marketplace.

Google 'VIPEC ECU PRICING' and you will get nothing but:

"Call for pricing"......'Email for pricing"......"PM for pricing"

Simply NOT worth the hassle. What does Vipec have to hide ?

Comment

Originally posted by JD74 View Post
      It's funny you should mention price......because noone else in the world seems to want to talk about it in public, so really, how do we know what it can compete with ?
      How do we know? Do you ONLY research a product as far as what you find in a GTRC thread? There's 101 ways to contact the dealers or ppl who have them to ask what they paid or other details... It's not information priviledged only to the Illuminati.

I said what i said because, A- i use one, B - I used to work in sales and sold the units, and C- cause i know what i'm talking about.

So it was worth the hassle to import a vehicle from japan, get an OOP done, spend countless hours working on the car, but emailing a dealer, or hell, even someone who owns the unit, simple isn't worth it!? That's some backwards logic if you ask me. The only stipulation is that they don't want the dealers posting public advertised prices.

Man, just sounds like you got a negative attitude and some pretty loose grounds to base it on. God help us if in today's day and age, a man has to pick up his phone to get some information... :roll:
      The only ppl that strike me as the kind to get frustrated by this, are those who are intimidated by the prospect of calling up someone and getting educated about it. But thats what the dealers are out there to do, explain and promote the product, not ridicule customers.
      1991 HCR32

*edit 1991 SR32

Comment

So what's the pricing, units only, uninstalled for the V44 and V88. Out of the box. Thanks.
        Black 1991 GTR. Serious garage stand mantle/parts car.
        Black 1990 Pulsar GTiR. Sold
        Silver 1989 GTR. Sold
        Black 2010 Subaru WRX. Weekend warrior. Sold.
        Black 2013 F-150 FX4 ecoboost. Daily driver.
        White 2012 Ford Explorer Limited. Family wagon.

Sorry for my offensive comments, I r socially retard.

start by having A ROLLING GTR then we talk u ******* mofo funzy little *****
        lol

Comment

It's funny you should mention price......because noone else in the world seems to want to talk about it in public, so really, how do we know what it can compete with ?.

Frankly, crap like this is the main reason I will steer clear of this unit (regardless of it being the best thing since sliced bread....so I am told), thanks to it's clever marketing and sneaky (yet EXTREMELY transparent) attempts at Dealer margin/price protection by refusing to truly 'compete' with the rest of the marketplace.

A- ViPEC does not want to be some internet brand sold on price. People who buy a ViPEC want a superior system for function and local support.

B- It is sold through a dealer not a warehouse. Any dealer who sells a unit is responsible to support not just pass tech support off to forum users. (When I distributed Autronic I spent so much time supporting a product others sold -EBAY- Imported product etc)This is done because ViPEC is only sold to dealers who have the technical knowledge to support it. This means I do not have to spend my time supporting something that I never made money on. Suppport costs the dealer time and money why should I have to support it if I never sold it you ask. To keep the brand popular because any keyboard commando can say what they want and the world can see it. As soon as someone doesn't understand it the product is crap to the world when it is probably only the enduser.

C-Dealers are restricted from selling into another area. For example I am not allowed to sell into Croatia as there is a dealer there. This is done to protect dealers of areas from other less than reputable dealers. You say less reputable yes like all the US companies that will sell into Canada wrapping up packages lowering declared values or declaring them as a gift. Duties and taxes are part of business and by declaring things for less it basically makes it hard to make a living honestly in Canada. Lightspeed as well as many other ligitimate Canadian business declares everything as it comes not devaluing invoices in any way. For your own information avaerage brokerage cost is 4% and duty is 6%.

D- By not publishing prices which is forbidden we give other dealers a worldwide chance and take the temptation away from dishonest people to export to another region. My friend in Croatia has to pay 100 percent tax on performance parts so he has to charge double for the same product kind of temptinng for someone like myself to try and sell into his market by misrepresenting shipments as a gift.

E-So our policies are inplace to protect dealers which not many manufactures do. Protect the customer so they buy from a dealer qualified to help them. Protect the product by being devalued by warehouse internet companies. Trust me all the companies on the net selling brand AE probably don't even know how to install them never mind tech a client through an install.

ViPEC has nothing to hide we just protect the client and dealer and offer proper support something the world is probably not used to. ViPEC also support their product with Forums as well. Personally I think that was a cheap slam.

Cheers Cam
          Cam Koole
          Technical Services Consultant
          Lightspeed Innovations
          Red Deer, Alberta
          1-866-95-84732
          cam@lightspeedinnovations.com
          www.Lightspeedinnovations.com

North American EMtron Distribution
          Whiteline Canadian Distribution Center
          EMtron Training Center Coming Soon
          2WD Mustang MD250
          Dynapack 4000 AWD

Distributer for
          Exedy, JE,Carrillo, CP Pistons,
          K1 Technology, This is a very
          long list and if you actually read it'
          cool. Just call we can get it LOL
          2WD Mustang MD250

Comment

From what I can see, ViPEC is a good ECU in the serious competition part of the market. Just like Link, Motec, AEM, etc.

Link ECU, ViPEC ECU look the same (casing) and have similar looking tuning software, but LIGHTSPD told me there are differences (sorry, forgot what they were).

As far as I know Link ECU was used by R.I.P.S on his 7sec 1000hp+ RB30 powered dragcar, so I would think ViPEC ECU is just as capable, reliable as the new Link ECU's.
            RESPONSE MONSTER

The most epic signature ever "epic".

Comment

Originally posted by LIGHTSPD View Post
              ViPEC has nothing to hide we just protect the client and dealer and offer proper support something the world is probably not used to.
              ViPEC also support their product with Forums as well.

Personally I think that was a cheap slam.
              Honestly Cam, I still don't understand what sets Vipec Dealers apart from the rest of the ECU brands and their Dealers ?

The only thing that I can see is the fact that in order to get any info and pricing on the product, an end user has to purposly contact a salesman which does nothing but open the door to a forced 'Sales' call initiated by the person just looking for information. This could also force a user to have to deal with an inferior Tuner at the end of the day, because of the monopoly. People want choices.

It's not like the Vipec package offers Free Installation, Free Tuning and Free Configuration ? - these are all paid services....same as everyone else.

A Support forum ? Others have forums for support as well (AEM ?)

Where/What is this 'Special' Support ? Please explain.

Comment

Ahh Good old JD74. YOu really should look back at some of your posts and see how much of a little prick you really come across as. And dont fret little one. Ive read mine and I know im a pri k as well. Now that Ive writen what many were thinking Ill get on with it.

But seriously. Ive delt with many EMS in the past Electromotive, HKS and Apexi to name a few. I have to admit I was a sceptic of the Vipec. It is new how good can it be? HOW MANY BUGS are there? Not a really well knwn name. Whos this Cam guy anyways? Lots of questions. But Super Dude was hell bent on having Lightspeed install one.

So I loaded up the car and hauled to Red Deer. THe guys at lightspeed were great. We spent a few days there. Cam and all the guys were realy good to deal with. Cams buisy but every GOOD tuner is buisy. THe ones that arnt well. Why dont you go give them a try.

Now as for the Vipec. Coming from tuning a few TEC3s. And beeing trained on PFCs. The Vipec is truly a kick ass system. Tunability is so simple the Auto tune actually WORKS. THe system integrates very well.

As for the pricing issue a few have. From reading this forum at times I get the feeling that some of you dont realise the a buisness is a FOR PROFIT organization. PROFIT is NOT a dirty word. What do you think you wages come from at your job?

I know what my Vipec is going to cost me. Because I asked! SuperDude knew what it was going to cost him. Because HE ASKED. Our prices are drastically different. Because we have different needs.

Now could some one please tell me.

How long is a piece off string?

Oya I know I cant type. And I still Dont care.
                You can't fix stupid.

Comment

****News flash****

Business owners are entitled to run their business the way they want. If everyone would just stop calling them, they'd go broke or change their policy. If they're so busy they don't have time to have internet arguments, well....

Consumers, likewise, are free to spend their money where they want. They're even free to post their opinions on the internet, providing they fall within the posted rules of the forum they choose and abide by community standards.

I'm personally willing pay quite a bit of money for great service and access to top tier knowledge. Each to his own.

Cheers,
                  Dan
                  sigpic
                  The Beaumont Connection

Comment

I was in a body shop years ago and I remember a sign they had
                    You can have it any two ways you want it. Quick, Good or Cheep
                    Quick and Cheep isnt Good
                    Good and Cheep isnt Quick
                    Good and Quick isnt Cheep.
                    You can't fix stupid.

Comment

What ever happened to 'Window Shopping' ?

Comment

What ever happened to 'Window Shopping' ?
                        buy a civic
                        1991 HCR32

*edit 1991 SR32

Comment

Originally posted by Paradis View Post
                          go buy a civic
                          Because I don't wanna be spoon fed, you are telling me to go buy a Civic ?

Now, if you really wanted to insult me, wouldn't you tell me to go out and buy (or settle for) a GTS ?

Comment

Now, if you really wanted to insult me, wouldn't you tell me to go out and buy (or settle for) a GTS ?
                            I agree with what you said earlier.
                            And for god sakes go buy a gts already, for a winter beater

Comment

sounds to me like you do you want to be spoon fed. You're complaining about having to make some phone calls and do so data collecting on your own.
                              1991 HCR32

*edit 1991 SR32

Comment

ViPEC could just have a deal setup with their dealers where they aren't allowed to advertise a price.

I know with Easton they didn't allow their retailers to list prices online for a number of years - for whatever the reason, they just didn't allow it.
                                1990 Skyline GT-R - Jet Silver Metallic
                                It'll run someday

Comment

Working...
                                X