• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• dude whats going on !!
    sigpic

[links to all chapters in first post]

Comment

• Did you actually drive it without power assisted steering? If so, how was it at lower speeds. I realize that at parking lot speeds it would be difficult, but what about on the road? I ask because I see a pump appear in the latest photos.
      Excellent build thread!

Comment

• Frankiman

not much is going on im trying to get the car back on the road but money is short so i have to give up my "working on car time" for actual work...

Fastbmw7

I did drive it without the power steering up and down the street .It is really hard to steer at low speeds especially with 275's all around.I put the pump back so i could fab my new intercooler piping so if ever in the future i'll want to put the pump back everything will fit.
        My car keeps on stealing my money .

Comment

• So I received my coilovers earlier this week from Adam and decided to take my car off the jack stands finally!

Upgraded Arnage top hats

Flush enough..

Other misc pictures taken when I was bored.

Comment

• just realized your nismo side pods aren't installed properly like mine were
            sigpic

Comment

• They were installed properly but i took them off and put them back real quick ,they arn't going to stay on for long...I have a plan for those

Comment

• So while I was in the process of changing my cams and changing all the timing belt goodies, I thought hell why dont I pull the engine out now and change my clutch ,oil pump and clean up all the unecessary stuff around the engine and the bay from the previous TT set-up.So I decided to pull it out..

Getting ready for the "big job"

After some hold ups she's almost out

I then seperated the engine from the transmission .Drove all around town to find long enought fasteners to hold the engine on the stand .

I decided to match the turbo with my polished intake manifold and I also got a 90 degree elbow welded on to it. Here's the before and after pictures.
                -Before

-After ( not bad..?)

I'm going to have to get my valve covers redone.

Now with this heavy snail on my greddy manifold I started thinking a way to brace this heavy beast... So I came up with an idea, I used a thin piece of aluminum to mock my bracket up .I'll probably add a brace underneath aswell pushing upwards.I did it this way so when the engine moves ,so does the whole turbo set-up.I see some people bracing theirs to the body of the car...

Well i'm waiting for some other items to come in and now i'm just cleaning everything around the engine bay .I'm going to clean up some wiring ,remove the abs ,relocate the fuse box maybe , paint the engine bay and i'm also going to remove all the sealant from the seams in the engine bay and start spot welding/seam welding.

Stay tuned.

Comment

• so you just "decided" to take the engine out ? thats awesome
                  sigpic

Comment

• I thought it would make my life easier..

Comment

• yeah thats what i should have done

what kind of color scheme are you going for ?
                      sigpic

Comment

• I'm going to stick with a satin black engine bay and with the candy red covers.It will look alot better with alot of the wiring gone and the fuse box.

I was thinking of winkle red aswell..

Comment

• +1 for wrinkle
                          Victory is on the horizon..

Comment

• Things have been slow lately with the car, i received one of my last parts needed, the n1 oil pump .

While the engine bay was clear ,I decided to start cleaning things up.
                            Relocating fuse box,i hate wiring..

Hidden behind bumper support

Voila no more fuse box!

Left side of the car pretty much done with the spot welding.

Comment

• Quick question... Did you spot weld to make it stronger or you previously done something to it and you had to weld it?
                              03 lancer dead
                              68 gmc w/355 cid rice killer
                              05 chevy silverado L33
                              2010 crv Wife's ride
                              1987 Harley Softail custom

Comment

• Good Stuff DJ!!! what else has to be done?
                                Check out my RB30 build at
                                http://forums.gtrcanada.com/gt-r-pro...b30-build.html

Comment

Working...
                                X