Frankiman's street/track GTR project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mom, look what i just got!

just bought this from a local, for next to nothing, considering the rarity of this part

yey
    sigpic

[links to all chapters in first post]

Comment

• niceeee Nismo is always good
      Heart rate 160, I'm goin 260, RB26 run me past you in a jiffy

GT-R

O O SKYLINE O O

Comment

• Montreal get together !!!!!!

http://forums.gtrcanada.com/eastern-...tml#post489575
        sigpic

Comment

• Nice find man! Matches the white exterior, very classy hahah.

I'm down for the meet man! Like i said in the thread, i'll just be more certain by that date, but im 99% sure i can make it. Would be good to all meet up.

And... my car is running.. soooooo, you can be jealous now. lol
          Check out the GTST Projects page and keep up to date with my build!
          www.nelsonmx.wordpress.com
          Like us on Facebook! www.facebook.com/NelsonMX
          Any part inquiries can be forwarded to marc@nelsonmx.com

Comment

• Finally just went through all of this, very nice!! and as for the UltraRide trip, depending on when it is Im down for either driving up or hitching a ride with someone if they dont mind my presence :P
            Victory is on the horizon..

Comment

• Nice guages Frankie! Definetly a rare find my skyline came with those too but the Boost and Volt didnt work so i just got rid of em,
              Check out my RB30 build at
              http://forums.gtrcanada.com/gt-r-pro...b30-build.html

Comment

• for anyone coming to the meet next friday, check out my parts for sale, everything is 1/2 price from the indicated price, since i can bring any part that someone wants to the meet!

http://forums.gtrcanada.com/members-...rts-50325.html
                sigpic

Comment

• don't forget about friday's meet!
                  sigpic

Comment

• what meet?
                    Check out my RB30 build at
                    http://forums.gtrcanada.com/gt-r-pro...b30-build.html

Comment

• Originally posted by greddytrustGTR View Post
                      what meet?
                      http://forums.gtrcanada.com/eastern-...ge2-52336.html
                      sigpic

Comment

• so today my skyline decided to pull an April's fool on me,

i went to pick it up, saw it in person and sat in it for the first time this year, and the darn thing would never start

at first, battery was almost dead, still cranked it for a long period of time (15+ seconds) thinking it would ementually show signs of life,
                        nothing

so then we put the battery charger on it, on high amperage
                        10 minutes later, tried it again, nothing

the guy asks me if theres fuel in the system,
                        i think i can hear the fuel pump priming, but the have no idea how much fuel can be in the system, the fuel gauge is below 0

so he puts in 10litres, fuel gauge stays at 0
                        crank it again and again, still with the charger on,
                        nothing

add another 5 litres, just to see if the gauge would move, no

i was cranking it for so long, saw the oil pressure go up

anyway, just fawking nothing

it smelled of gaz more and more

so after about an hour, i left the car there, had to get to class

so heres what i think,
                        i cranked it way too long at first on very little energy, the engine not turning fast enough would'nt start, but it kept pooring in fuel, which after all the tries just flooded the cylinders

and since the valves were still opening and closing, and pistons still compressing, that fuel would get spewed into the exhaust

any other input?

so tomorrow i'm going to bring another fully charged battery,
                        sigpic

Comment

• Did you spray fogging oil into engine before leaving it sit for a while (stops rust forming on bores and is commonly used on racecars in the off season when they are stored for long periods)???

Run a fuel pressure gauge between fuel filter, fuelrail and turn ignition to I think is 3 on ignition barrell (just before you turn engine on) and see if fuelpressure reaches I think was 42.6psi or so (35.5psi + 7.1psi = 42.6psi). If it reaches that pressure, fuel pump is priming properly.

If car has been sitting for a while (months), battery, sparkplugs usually need to be changed. Sparkplugs get crap on the ends that makes engine harder to start.
                          RESPONSE MONSTER

The most epic signature ever "epic".

Comment

• geez thats horrible frank! what a bad feeling...

as usual, check that your getting spark,... as we know your getting fuel (from the smell).. did u unplug anything and forget to plug it in?... maybe the battery is fine and the starter is on its way out?
                            The SkyLife Community & News Website --> http://www.skylife4ever.com

Comment

• when the battery had alot of power, the starter was going really strong and turning uber quickly, just that at that moment the cylinders were already flooded i guess

so yeah tomorrow, another set of plugs, fully charged battery, i'll try to grab a pressure gauge to check if the fuel pump is priming, but that shouldn't be the problem

and i'll get some more fuel, till i see the needle move
                              sigpic

Comment

• so i went back today, with a fully charged battery and a couple tools

i hate working anywhere else than in my garage, and this was an dark incomfortable underground garage/storage

anyway, took the spark plugs out and they were covered in carbon, like insane

so i plug 1 back into a coilpack, crank the engine for about 2 seconds,
                                and in about 10 revolutions it only sparked twice, dam

so i cleaned them all, put them back in and the car fired right up

took it out and drove the 7 blocks from there to my house with my heart pounding since the car isn't plated yet :S

anyway, its officially out !!!!!!

the car is fawking dirrrrty, it needs a really nice wash, maybe tomorrow if i can find the time, anyone want to make a quick 10$?

and the 27deg celcius weather was crazy!!!
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X