No announcement yet.

Frankiman's street/track GTR project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• whenever i'm bored, or feeling down. I just come to this thread, and read from the beginning.

Awesome stories man

hope you have many more to tell in the upcoming seasons
    sigpic

Originally posted by m_melen
    ...it woulda been safer if his harness were made of jello

Comment

• thanks man, it really means alot to me to hear this
      sigpic

[links to all chapters in first post]

Comment

• Good to hear you got the car running.
        RESPONSE MONSTER

The most epic signature ever "epic".

Comment

• Chapter 11 - GoPro photos galore

on this hottest 3rd of april ever recorded, i thought i'd share some of my best pics (of everything and anything) from my activities last year

all were taken with the gopro motorsport hero

lets start with my all time 2 most favorites

and or course, my dad doing what he does best, fishing quietly
          sigpic

Comment

• All these pictures are amazing Frank. I definitely need to get one of thos cameras. How much did it run you? Does it come with everything that you need to mount the camera?
            Heart rate 160, I'm goin 260, RB26 run me past you in a jiffy

GT-R

O O SKYLINE O O

Comment

• non-HD is ~200
              HD is ~300

both come with full mounting kit
              sigpic

Comment

• Cant wait til I get mine! Reeeeally lookin forward to it
                Victory is on the horizon..

Comment

• Wow, how did I ever miss this thread? I think I had more fun reading it all then seeing the pictures. Even though they did help along the way.

ROFL @ the guys looking at the 'crash pictures' taped onto your hood.
                  1995 Talon Turbo AWD Auto-X'er (Current)
                  1999 Skyline R34 GT-R V-Spec (2014)
                  2007 Chrysler 300 (Daily Driver)

Comment

• decided to whip out the HD cam the other day, to see how hard it would be to edit/render an HD file, dam its heavy

so here's my own exhaust vid

http://vimeo.com/10740341
                    sigpic

Comment

• Not bad for a stock sounding exhaust. too quiet.
                      Black 1991 GTR. Serious garage stand mantle/parts car.
                      Black 1990 Pulsar GTiR. Sold
                      Silver 1989 GTR. Sold
                      Black 2010 Subaru WRX. Weekend warrior. Sold.
                      Black 2013 F-150 FX4 ecoboost. Daily driver.
                      White 2012 Ford Explorer Limited. Family wagon.

Sorry for my offensive comments, I r socially retard.

start by having A ROLLING GTR then we talk u ******* mofo funzy little *****
                      lol

Comment

• i haven't posted much on this forum but GOD i love this thread! I've read it from start to end a few times now. Thanks for the stories!

Comment

• frank i never realized your exhaust was so quiet! nice!

also wheres your front strut tower bar gone?

and the paint you used to paint the valve covers and cam covers, was it a high temp paint?
                          The SkyLife Community & News Website --> http://www.skylife4ever.com

Comment

• Frankiman your my hero!! If I had the talent you do in your pinky finger for writing I'd have a hella good build thread myself. Unfortunatly I wasn't big into forums when I started on my car so I never thought of documenting things so precise like you've done. Great job!! I bet it makes you feel great knowing you have so much support on GTRC!

Btw I'm extremely jealous! You have some nice tracks in your area! We don't have that in Alberta!

I'm looking forward to learning more from your build! I may have a few questions for you about suspension mods. Seems you really know a lot about it.

Keep the updates coming!!
                            Chance Hall

Comment

• Originally posted by archaeic_bloke View Post
                              frank i never realized your exhaust was so quiet! nice!

also wheres your front strut tower bar gone?

and the paint you used to paint the valve covers and cam covers, was it a high temp paint?
                              had to take it off the other day to clean all the spark plugs, and there was no reason to put it back on since i car will be sitting still till june

and the valve covers seem to be the standard NUR color
                              and i had the cam cover powder coated to match, but the guy made a horrible job of it (check chapter 4)

and i'm having it re-powder coated to really match

and thanks for all the support and comments guys, means alot,

as soon as i can get my hands working on the car in the next weeks, i'll keep writing!
                              sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by MakCustomsProject View Post
                                Frankiman your my hero!! If I had the talent you do in your pinky finger for writing I'd have a hella good build thread myself. Unfortunatly I wasn't big into forums when I started on my car so I never thought of documenting things so precise like you've done. Great job!! I bet it makes you feel great knowing you have so much support on GTRC!

Btw I'm extremely jealous! You have some nice tracks in your area! We don't have that in Alberta!

I'm looking forward to learning more from your build! I may have a few questions for you about suspension mods. Seems you really know a lot about it.

Keep the updates coming!!
                                WTF

is this Matt???
                                sigpic

Originally posted by m_melen
                                ...it woulda been safer if his harness were made of jello

Comment

Working...
                                X