X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by frankiman View Post
    how/where could it be published ?
    Frank, a couple things you COULD do.

I work at CFB Gagetown in NB and there is a bit of a printing press there. If you sent me all the info that wanted put together, i could have a manual of sorts made for you. Don't quote me on the price but it should only cost between 10 to 30 dollars to have all the information you have done, with pictures put into a booklet. From there i could send the spine back, and you could do what you want with it. I.E. sell the manual mass copy, or to all the fellas on here!

It's an idea for you to ponder.
    1995 Skyline GT-R V-Spec

Comment

• Originally posted by RedEclipze View Post
      Frank, a couple things you COULD do.

I work at CFB Gagetown in NB and there is a bit of a printing press there. If you sent me all the info that wanted put together, i could have a manual of sorts made for you. Don't quote me on the price but it should only cost between 10 to 30 dollars to have all the information you have done, with pictures put into a booklet. From there i could send the spine back, and you could do what you want with it. I.E. sell the manual mass copy, or to all the fellas on here!
      It's an idea for you to ponder.
      What he said. +1
      03 lancer dead
      68 gmc w/355 cid rice killer
      05 chevy silverado L33
      2010 crv Wife's ride
      1987 Harley Softail custom

Comment

• ^^ thats sounds isane dude !

32,000+ views in less than a year !! holy crap, 4th most viewed skyline project FTW
        Last edited by frankiman; 07-19-2010, 08:14 AM.
        sigpic

[links to all chapters in first post]

Comment

• you shouldve repainted everything you grinded with at least a rattle can.. not gonna look pretty after a year
          RB25 Powered RWD GT-R

Owner for Turtle Garage Hicas Delete Systems

Comment

• all i've grinded is aluminum and stainless which aren't metal likely to rust anytime soon
            sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by frankiman View Post
              all i've grinded is aluminum and stainless which aren't metal likely to rust anytime soon
              rad support, rear lower control arms.. shall i continue?
              RB25 Powered RWD GT-R

Owner for Turtle Garage Hicas Delete Systems

Comment

• bah.. i'll just put a little bit of grease on it, anyway.. for the weather the car will see it won't have much opportunities to rust
                sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by ryano1515 View Post
                  rad support, rear lower control arms.. shall i continue?
                  Somthing tells me Franc is gonna be tearing this car down again as soon as he "finishes" it - lol
                  '95 GTR

Comment

• Much of the"views" are you checking on replies or updating every day. lol
                    Black 1991 GTR. Serious garage stand mantle/parts car.
                    Black 1990 Pulsar GTiR. Sold
                    Silver 1989 GTR. Sold
                    Black 2010 Subaru WRX. Weekend warrior. Sold.
                    Black 2013 F-150 FX4 ecoboost. Daily driver.
                    White 2012 Ford Explorer Limited. Family wagon.

Sorry for my offensive comments, I r socially retard.

start by having A ROLLING GTR then we talk u ******* mofo funzy little *****
                    lol

Comment

• it doesn't count the OP
                      i checked :P
                      sigpic

Comment

• id buy one.
                        but only if theres pics of francois in it.
                        Real Skyline owners have lost at least one to a freakish accident (*- ω -) = #dungive'a

Comment

• Originally posted by RABBIT View Post
                          id buy one.
                          but only if theres pics of francois in it.
                          like this?
                          (i'm the fat guy in the white/blue stripped shirt looking all kewl walking away from my gtr which is parking first in line for the next lapping session)
                          sigpic

Comment

• tits or gtfo,
                            Real Skyline owners have lost at least one to a freakish accident (*- ω -) = #dungive'a

Comment

• sigpic

Comment

• Chapter 23 - Almost there, week12-13, part1

------------------------------
                                Day 41

At the beginning of this day, i started to look around the car for the little i needed to fix; a bolt there, a wire here, etc

And I check around the intake manifold and spotted the bracket that used to hold the HICAS solenoid
                                Ok, well that’s of no use whatsoever anymore

So I took it out (3x M6 bolts), then cleaned the body around it

Then I took out the Power Enterprise 80mm x 80mm couplers I got from japan

Then fitted the intercooler back in place, and used a ziptie to hold it there

Then the fun began to reinstall the hard piping kit, Trust on the cold side, HKS on the hot side (don’t ask…)

I started with the stock hardpipe on the hot side, it took a while to remember the recirc pipe bolts from underneath on the IC pipe on top

Also, since I cut the recirc pipe a couple weeks ago, I cut up a piece of 2” silicone coupler and capped it with the custom cap JR@Autoworx made me, and tightened it with t-bolt clamps for safety (pictures well below)

I quickly ran into problems with first pipe, it was hitting the new HKS SSQV bovs

So I had to disconnect the coupler for the BOVs and un-bolt their bracket, to move them out of the way

Then I tried to fit the new couplers onto the intercooler cold pipe, and realized that the Trust intercooler for some reason has 83mm piping on each side, wtf
                                Because of that, the new couplers were too stiff to stretch well over those pipes, so I decided to used my old dirty Greddy couplers there instead
                                Then I spread a thin film of grease inside the couplers and slid them on

Simply tightening the Vibrant t-bolt clamps over the coupler on the IC’s pipes was a real PITA, the clamps weren’t exactly made for that size of piping and I couldn’t get the nut onto the clamp’s bolt
                                I ended up using nails and huge channel lock pliers to tighten the clamp enough for the nut to go on

You can clearly see on that last picture the difference in the remaining length of the clamps’ bolts between the 83mm pipe and the 80mm pipe

And theres hardly any space for the recirc piping

God was it raining that day, incredible

The monster-cooler is back

/day41

------------------------------
                                Day 42

There was something that had been bugging me for a while, it was the darn “stripped” bolt for the transmission crossmember

So I looked my boxes of stuff from my old GTR and found the exact same bolt, in perfect condition
                                I put mucho lock-tite on it and torqued it back into place almost to spec

Then I went to install Nathan’s P/S pump
                                After a couple tries, I couldn’t get the pump onto its bracket at all, upon further inspection and comparison with my old pump, it seemed there was a spacer of some sort on the bracket that fitted with the old pump but not with the new one

So I took out my MasterCraft Racing edition caliper ( :P ) and measured everything and came to the conclusion that the new pump would fit perfectly without the spacer
                                I took my air tools with a very small sanding drum and made it flush

After that the pump went on with no issues

Then I used a huge T-bolt clamp for the p/s hose, since it was cracked a bit at the pump end and a new hose would take 7 weeks to get from Nissan, so this would do the trick

After that I took out both of my Garage Saurus 330mm rotors, which were in a sealed bag full of rust inhibitor, so I had to clean it with you guessed it… brake cleaner
                                Then I scuffed all the residues off for a nice even surface,

And I taped all the surface the brake pads would touch and applied 4 coats of clear high temp paint, to protect against rust

I also took the opportunity to paint my upper rad supports flat black

Then I took out my rare (discontinued) Trust SS braided rad hoses, and fixed them
                                The mesh had been torn under the anodized cap and the hose clamps were missing
                                So I took the caps off, taped the mesh with nylon tape, inserted new hose clamps into the cap, then slid the cap back on the hose

After that I opened boxes full of the old piping and started to putting it all back in place

All the rubber piping went on super easy

Then came the rear turbo pipe (doesn’t it look great in flat black?) that thing is uber retarded to bolt down, theres almost no way to get there with a u-joint,
                                it’s a real PITA, also the fact that, unlike the twin turbo pipe that fits onto studs, and doesn’t move afterwards so its easy to place the nuts, for the rear pipe you have to align it with the holes and the gasket then try to get the bolt on straight.. blah blah… arg

It was getting late so I stopped that, and decided to quickly change the spark plugs
                                I was running NGK-R coppers, which Haig@Autoworx told me would only last a season or roughly <10.000km
                                And sure enough, the spark plugs were the reason the car wouldn’t start at all on april 1st

But heres something kewl…
                                During winter, I bought from a GTRC member; the HKS boost controller, HKS turbo timer, Sabelt harness and gave me a pack of 4 brand new NGK spark plugs for free
                                I didn’t know what they were, but ok
                                So I decided I was going to use them, since they were brand new, but only had 4, I found a great website that ships locally where I got another box of 4 for 13$ shipped, within the week, yey

So I start taking the old plugs out and they are dirrrty, AND they look just like the ones I just bought, NGK-R written in black
                                So I check the p/n on the flange of the plug and its exactly the same number, NGK-R coppers
                                So I realize that I had 8 new plugs that cost me 13$ overall, when Autoworx charged me 12$ each last summer, heh?

And I searched through my dad’s tools and found the right tool for the job, I was tired of using a regular ratchet

Not sure what its called in Engrish :P but that thing was old!

/day42
                                Last edited by frankiman; 07-29-2010, 09:03 AM.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X