No announcement yet.

Frankiman's street/track GTR project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No this is chance. I own the white GT-R that was always at matts shop. N1 motor with lots of goodies.
    Chance Hall

Comment

• Nice build. I just read the whole thing. So nice.

Comment

• hoooooolyyyy shiiiiit

just found this add in the UK forum
        http://www.gtr.co.uk/forum/132091-ni...ges-bnr32.html
        200GBP!!!!

i didn't even pay 1/5 of that for mine
        sigpic

[links to all chapters in first post]

Comment

• Hey Franki, what exhaust is that?
          Check out my RB30 build at
          http://forums.gtrcanada.com/gt-r-pro...b30-build.html

Comment

• Alot of overpriced stuff on the uk forum I find.
            My car keeps on stealing my money .

Comment

• ya, they seem to be all over the map in the UK eh?
              ive had some WICKED deals from the UK and other things are just crazy priced... but.. on the plus side, ive been able to sell things to the UK for a lot more than they're worth.. thats why some of my FS threads the prices were high.. but then the stuff gets sold to the UK... and its all good!
              The SkyLife Community & News Website --> http://www.skylife4ever.com

Comment

• "Do these work better than the standard gauges or are they just as bad?"
                lol that was awesomely worded
                Real Skyline owners have lost at least one to a freakish accident (*- ω -) = #dungive'a

Comment

• Originally posted by greddytrustGTR View Post
                  Hey Franki, what exhaust is that?
                  its the HKS Legal cat-back

Originally posted by archaeic_bloke View Post
                  ya, they seem to be all over the map in the UK eh?
                  ive had some WICKED deals from the UK and other things are just crazy priced... but.. on the plus side, ive been able to sell things to the UK for a lot more than they're worth.. thats why some of my FS threads the prices were high.. but then the stuff gets sold to the UK... and its all good!
                  yeah, parts values vary alot from canada to USA to UK to australia.. its crazy
                  sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by RABBIT View Post
                    "Do these work better than the standard gauges or are they just as bad?"
                    lol that was awesomely worded
                    Same thing as stock, they use the same harness and sensors. The only differences are you get Nismo Goodness, they are white, and the boost gauge goes up to 1 kg/cm^2.

And like everyone else said amazing thread, I think I've said that before though. It easily has the best documentation compared to any other build thread on this forum.

Comment

• Honestly I red that thread all day, and it's simply amazing! Your story has just made my life a better thing I now have lots and lots of project for my own white GTR, and I really love the way you got every bit of information for us...

Your project makes me believe someday I'll be able to build up something as nice as your car, j'espère pouvoir te rencontrer dans un prochain meet pour pouvoir en jaser un peu plus en l'ayant sous les yeux...

A big Thumbs Up for the Best GTR Project I've ever seen, and the pictures are just as amazing.

Keep us informed!!!

Comment

• Chapter 12 - Remembering the fallen (2008), part1

so i found all these pictures of my first GTR on my computer the other day
                        and i did the same thing with that car than i'm doing with my current GTR, i documented each and every step of the build

then documented each and every step of the ''de-build''

so i bought my first GTR back in august 2007, at 19 years old, put about 1500km on it before storing it

then when summer '08 came around, i enlisted in the TRAC lapping club (former ASE lapping club)

the tires were so worn, during one track day, i got the track will it was just absolutely pouring rain,
                        the instructor told me not to gas it around corners or the rear would easily step out,
                        hehe, almost spun out on the first corner out of the pits
                        it was still fun tough, i learned the ''wet'' lines

then started to order parts, since i had projects for it
                        and i thought i would have time to do everything within a month, so that i wouldn't waste my whole summer not driving it

and i had no background in mechanics at all, my only other car back then was my first ever car, a '93 mazda 323 auto,
                        so i was learning everything while doing it

so i started slowly taking it apart even before having all the new parts
                        jacked the car up, outside, since the old garage was so small, and i didn't have good jack stands back then, but i had huge fawking blocks of wood my dad used to drive his transport truck on to work underneath

so i just put the car up on those huge blocks

took the brakes and suspension apart

eventually had all this off

then worked on the brake calipers, to repaint them
                        used a air tool grinder to get all the old paint off, i remember that was god dam hard
                        i worked at least 6 hours on each caliper to get it to bare metal
                        mostly because my old air compressor couldn't keep up, so after every 5 minutes of work i had to wait another 7 minutes for it to fully recharge

and that summer i had an internship as a machinist at Pratt & Whitney Canada,
                        and worked the graveyard **** most of the summer (midnight to 7am)
                        so one night i brought my last caliper, and around 3am when i was alone in the building, i took it to a sandblast machine,
                        LOL i took me 2 minutes to fully sandblast all the paint off!! dam

so i painted then white first, then masked the ''nissan'' and painted them blue
                        you can see all the steps here, from old paint to new paint

i also worked a hell lot on my old rims to refurbish them a bit to sell them since i had bought my Work wheels
                        a soft steel wool and rim soap, and about 5 hours of work per rim, only for this..

remember i said it was only take a month, well after that month, i had still not put anything back onto the car..
                        mostly because i was still waiting for my Azenis tires to arrive, why?

well i had ordered my tires from 1010tires.com
                        but unknown to me when i put in my order, the 255/40/R17 Falken Azenis were on back order,
                        so my payment, was really only an authorization, no money had been transfered,
                        so after a couple weeks, i started to wonder where the hell were my tires, tried to check on the 1010tires website but couldn't find any info on my order
                        after 1 month i eventually called them (very-long distance) and was told i had never made a payment...
                        well since i didn't know the tires were on back-order, the authorization laster exactly 30 days, and 1010 had my tires in stock ready to ship on the 32nd day, when my authorization had expired,
                        they still hadn't contacted me to inform me on the miss payment, so after my call i put in another order (35th day) and the tires arrived 3 weeks later, almost 2 full months, fawk 1010

took this pic for fun

eventually had all this ready to install

this picture reminds of the movie XXX, when Vin Diesel tells the nerd tech guy; ''I want all that, in there''

so i worked under the hot summer sun

and the still-hot, humid, insect filled nights

painted some stuff

then put in special PulseStar spark plugs (worth 25$ each, don't do it!)

and put everything back together

the back window WAS going to lool as such

yeah... i can hear you mumbling ''ricer'' comments from where i'm sitting..

so after 3 months, finally got the car on the road
                        i got if off the blocks on monday, test drove it a bit,
                        had an alignment done on it by my uncle on wednesday

than went to a julep meet on thursday

than i got a problem with the engine, seemed like a cylinder wasn't firing at all
                        so on friday night, took all the spark plugs out to see that the 25$ no6 cylinder plug was broken in half WTF
                        so i changed all the plugs back with the old ones, for the time beeing

and on sunday morning, met up with a group of ~40 cars to take part in the UltraRide 2008

and then flipped the car around a tight crest bend

the tow truck driver was an absolute idiot, (he told me my car handled like ****, and that his crown victoria pocile pack was a race car compared to mine )
                        instead of using his flat-bed to flip the track, he tried to pull it with hooks till it flipped,
                        he dragged it for 20 feet till it finally flipped, every feet he dragged it made the roof collaspe even more

check part2 for rest of story
                        sigpic

Comment

• absolutley savage.... who was eatin lunch outa that blue lunch box while your car was in that state!

P.S.... just picked up my engine from autoworx... things are really gonna start coming back together in the coming week bud, ill give you a shout near next thursday to come pick up those parts from u.
                          The SkyLife Community & News Website --> http://www.skylife4ever.com

Comment

• Chapter 12 - Remembering the fallen (2008), part2

so i got it towed home 2 weeks later while i worked things out with the insurance, to buy back the wreck, stored it over winter

then, march 2009 took it out and started to hack it the fawk apart

if you ever wanted to know what the inside of the body looked like, well here ya go

raised to whole body, and dropped the subframe from underneath it, all on my own

so exactly one year ago (thats why is had to idea to write this chapter up) i started selling parts on forums such as GTRC

for the first 4 months all i did was responding to WTB threads with offers

then took pictures of everything i had and listed them and i had about 6 sale per week during the first 3 months, then it slowed but never stopped

this a list i compiled of EVERYTHING i sold for this skyline
                            (yeah some of it is in french, whatever its MY list :P)

front seats
                            speedo cable
                            dash surround
                            driver door latch
                            tranny
                            thermo fan clutch
                            small fan module
                            flywheel
                            plastic under steering column
                            reverse lights
                            AVS wheels / alternateur
                            shift boot / handbrake boot / console trim
                            broken tail-lights cover
                            front upper control arms
                            ajustable rear upper control arms
                            resistor pack
                            coolant tank
                            Cusco coilovers
                            license plate bracket
                            module ABS
                            driver seat belt
                            abs sensor driver
                            plastic under column
                            brake master + dash
                            brake calipers + pads + lines
                            ENGINE RB26DE -tt
                            maf sensors
                            downpipe
                            door hinges (x2)
                            mat hooks
                            recirculation valve with pipe
                            front drive- hafts + vent central
                            pipe de rubber to fmic
                            mirroir
                            driver auto electric window sensor
                            a/c control + fan trap module
                            front lower control arm driver
                            R33 GTR steering wheel
                            nismo shift knob
                            turbo (2x) + passenger indicator
                            twin turbo pipe + intercooler pipes
                            door lock timer
                            traction links
                            catalyseur
                            g sensor
                            clutch slave + back seat belts (buckle)
                            pass seat belt + hood release cable
                            console trim + top rad hose
                            steering + mats + cluster + switch+ filtre
                            rear diff
                            drive-shaft
                            rear hubs and bearings, trunk latch + cable
                            driver side electric window control panel
                            GTR ECU
                            vis kick plate
                            exas spec 2 cat-back exhaust
                            hicas tie rods + trunk hinge
                            hood hinges + triple gauges
                            tension rods
                            transmission boot metal ring
                            rad fan
                            bushing cremaillere
                            shifter rubber boot
                            gas pump connector
                            broken taillight
                            doors panels, turbo helbows, O2 sensor
                            clear cam gear cover
                            clutch master
                            rear GTR sway bar
                            JIC magic upper control arms
                            gtr fuel tank with pump
                            driver window, rad cap, oil cap
                            winshield fluid reservoir
                            trunk mat, rear half-shafts, TC rods
                            rear bumper, front/rear sway bar links
                            shift know, ash tray
                            rear seats
                            arm rest, kick plates, e-brake handle
                            atessa pump, front knuckles/bearings/hubs
                            rear knuckles
                            trunk panels, door handles
                            glovebox
                            p/s hose
                            steering bushing + p/s reservoir
                            steering column
                            trunk lock barrel
                            rear subframe + RUCAs + RLCA
                            right front pivot arm, right electric window
                            awd ranny crossmember
                            driver side mirror
                            fan module
                            rear wiper and motor, oem flare
                            rear interior side panels + front lower panels+ a/c hose (to josh :wink

its been a hell lot of work to sell all this,
                            at least my dad owns a transport compagny, and i deliver furniture with him every saturday, there i picked up all the boxes, wrap, and foam i needed to package all the parts

all this netted me a profit of $8 512,57

and this is and updated map of where all the parts that had to be shipped were shipped to

thanks to everyone who bought from me
                            and huge thanks to GTRC !!!!
                            sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by archaeic_bloke View Post
                              absolutley savage.... who was eatin lunch outa that blue lunch box while your car was in that state!

P.S.... just picked up my engine from autoworx... things are really gonna start coming back together in the coming week bud, ill give you a shout near next thursday to come pick up those parts from u.
                              that was mine, lol, filled with water bottles, only found half of them..
                              sigpic

Comment

• great news regarding the progress of this build

lets just say my budget is less tight than predicted

i've been looking for a summer internship during my last trimester, but no luck, my school's internship service people fawked something up in the dates and system which means only 30% of the students looking for an internship would actually get one

but i kept trying, during the last 3 months i applied for at least 15 internship,
                                but most compagnys just seemed to wait it out, which meant most internships would reach the maximum number of applicants (25) rather quickly
                                and then, half the internship i applied to were cancelled for no apparent reasons

so i was heading for a summer trimester.. summer and school do not mix well together

anywho, yesterday morning i got an email from the school internship system saying i had gotten an interview scheduled for this morning at 8;30am
                                yeah thats a bit last minutes, knowing you got an interview only 22hours before that interview

anyway, this afternoon i got a call from that compagny telling i had gotten the internship (out of 12 applicants, 4 of which had interviews)

so i'll be working full time for the next 8 months ! (yeah its a double intership)

so lets just say that a set of AMS R33 GTR 2-pieces rotors and a Koyo rad have just been added to my list of to-dos

and my lapping budget has been doubled.. hehehe
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X