No announcement yet.

mitch32 rebuild/winter project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Those turbos are nice. How far are you in the build so far?

Comment

Originally posted by mitch32 View Post
      Those turbos are nice. How far are you in the build so far?
      Velders is currently contemplating a single turbo LS1 swap, RWD conversion and fully gutted car...
      Black 1991 GTR. Serious garage stand mantle/parts car.
      Black 1990 Pulsar GTiR. Sold
      Silver 1989 GTR. Sold
      Black 2010 Subaru WRX. Weekend warrior. Sold.
      Black 2013 F-150 FX4 ecoboost. Daily driver.
      White 2012 Ford Explorer Limited. Family wagon.

Sorry for my offensive comments, I r socially retard.

start by having A ROLLING GTR then we talk u ******* mofo funzy little *****
      lol

Comment

I am interested in said pictures would you be able to e-mail to me? e-mail is in my sig. I have my motor out and doing a similar but to less of an extent. Now I get low oil pressure constantly very rarely moves but never reads 0 and never get a light? Was it hard to pull the oil pump. May take it off and tighten the screws as good measure or is this a new oil pump deal.
        Steve
        You can't doubt the existance of hell when you live in it

Comment

You can't remove the oil pump without removing the oil pan. Either you have remove the front subframe (while you support the motor) or you have to remove the engine.

Velders with an LS1 turbo that be amazing. It'll be cheaper then building an rb26, that's forsure. It be EPIC!!!!

Comment

HAHAHAHA that jerk is just kidding, he is saying what I've been trying to get him to do with a gts. I'm still trying to decide what parts I'm going with, and what shop is assembling the engine.
            Originally posted by Z-Tuned
            Next question is: should I stroke it??
            Originally posted by Wingnut
            Yes, but leave the engine alone.

Comment

Today was a good day, finally received the R34 Crank and the Coil Cover. Wasn't too bad only like 13 business days for expeditied shipping. Anyways no worries. Heres some teasers.

Gigidity!!!!!

Comment

so, how far along are you into the engine rebuild ?

has all the machining been done yet?
                sigpic

[links to all chapters in first post]

Comment

Build was on a small break for a few weeks. Decided the ditch the N1 Oil Pump so my order is going to take longer to get to me (going with a Nismo, that way I don't need to extend the oil pan, and not have to worry about failure). I was thinking of going with a Tomei Oil Pump but I don't want to extend the pan since the car will be on the street more then the track.

Everyone was on vacation which is an issue, I can't source a cheap OEM gasket kit (locally its 300$+, from nismoparts.com it was 150$ but they sent it to the wrong person and now there on backorder). I think I'm gonna weld myself an exhaust (just the elbows, downpipe and test pipe) since greyhound lost my order. I also still need some bolts, a water pump, and misc. Hopefully that all gets taken care of tomorrow.

Comment

Great looking build Mitch

Comment

looks like it is coming along nicely! keep us updated
                      RightDrive Inc. Parts Manager
                      http://www.rightdrive.ca :: http://www.rightdriveparts.com :: http://www.rightdriveusa.com
                      1970 Highway 7 West, Vaughan, ON :: 1-877-398-8220

Comment

Small update!

Receive some parts today, was missing a few thing in the box (by a few things I mean like 1000$ worth of parts). Anways seems to have been sorted out by the shipper (but only time will tell). Made a big order at Nissan today too, for some misc stuff, bolts, speedo-cable, crank sprocket, etc.... I'm only missing (besides the missing pieces from my last order) a clutch, still deciding on what oil pump to get, stainless brake lines, N1 Water Pump, a test pipe, cusco brake brace, dump pipes, and Nismo Motor/Tranny Mounts.

Comment

Update:

Went to the machinist with parts today. Everything looks good, I'll take some pictures of the machining when it starts. Decided to go with a Nismo Oil Pump instead of the N1 Oil Pump because of all the bad gossip going around about it. I also took the flywheel today to get surfaced, looks pretty nice, we took off about .015". Here's some photo's.

Comment

mmmmm big yummy box of goodies

nice!

Comment

that looks awesome

will tk race heads is going to be building your entire motor right?
                              The SkyLife Community & News Website --> http://www.skylife4ever.com

Comment

***** deleted post

Comment

Working...
                                X