• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

more updates *****! jk
    sigpic

[links to all chapters in first post]

Comment

Yea, its exam season so the project is on pause (I'm graduating though so hopefully no more ******* exams!!).

As far as updates go, I ordered pretty much everything minus a clutch and a water pump. Everything is taking a while to get shipped, and even one package got lost already (stupid greyhound). The block/head is at TK Race Heads waiting for me to bring bearings/pistons/rods/crank. Everything will be properly balanced/blueprinted including the clutch and flywheel. Head is going to be ported.

Hopefully come January I'll get the ball rolling, it took a total of ~4-5 days to remove the engine and strip it down. I'm sure I can have the engine back in the car within two weeks come January (I hope!!). Then a quick base tune maybe (quick break in on the dyno), then I'll lock her down until spring time.

I'm starting to regret getting the N1 Oil Pump, it may actually end up in the for sale section and I'll maybe go Nismo (I'd do Tomei but I don't want to extend the sump).

Another thing is I'm amazed at how my bills added up so quickly. It's a bit more then I expected, hopefully it'll be worth it.

Comment

mitch, will you be building the engine by yourself? or you brought it to TK race heads for them to build it for you? or are they just balancing everything for you and you will assemble it at home?

what is involved in the "Blueprinting" process? is that when they match things to the pieces that weigh more and less?
        The SkyLife Community & News Website --> http://www.skylife4ever.com

Comment

TK race heads is a machine shop, I know the owner there though someone I went to school with. He's basically doing all the maching, he's porting the head (its his speciality but $$$$, its not something you can do, it takes a pro). I'll balance it at work probably or at his shop not sure yet. Blueprinting is matching everything to be perfect, basically proper machine work, balancing, etc.... The crank/clutch/flywheel balancing TK race heads has the proper tool to do it, so they'll be doing that. TK race heads so far has been my best experience so far on my build, they're probably the most expensive machine shop I've found but you get what you pay for.

I'm building the engine at work.

Comment

mitch im dieing to see what you've got going on there!

Comment

Originally posted by archaeic_bloke View Post
              mitch im dieing to see what you've got going on there!
              ive seen the parts list, you won't be diasppointed, this car will have some serious grunt
              sigpic

Comment

Quick Update and Rant:

So today slowed down my build hardcore, basically I have 4 different packages ordered from 3 different sources. One package was lost by greyhound (it was a mines downpipe and nismo strut bar, so not a big deal), another package was a r34 gtr gasket kit which some how the shipper shipped to Bulgaria by mistake (thats sorted out but now they have to get a new gasket kit from Nissan and express ship it to me), another package was a new r34 crank and a new r34 coil cover which should of been here by now USPS told me its most probably lost, and lastly I had a package from a sponsor on this board that was supposed to ship mid last week and didnt ship cause they were waiting on Tomei and Koyo (which I wasn't told until yesterday night, the sponsor is a super nice guy and he seems to be a one man operation so its ok but I would of been happy if I was given a heads up). So basically I paid in full close to 8k$ and I have 0, at least the big package was only delayed because of backorders not cause it was lost in the mail.

Comment

geez buddy, im gonna assume its nismoparts.com using the USPS one... great price on the crank for them! they're not usually burdened with issues, id call them up if i were you and ask what they're doing

make a fuss about how everyday the package is late its costing you money etc...

and they should have at it with the USPS for losing the package! they send you another one.. and tell USPS to send the other one back when they find it.. and then they can make a claim for lost package if they need to.

simple as that
                  best of luck

Comment

^^ wow mitch, really not blessed by the gods of shipping are you,
                    i ordered pretty much all my stuff at the same time as you, and 2/3 of it came in this week, the rest is coming in next week, im only missing a swaybar on back order

at least you have a car to work on, i don't, so basically i'm stockpilling boxes of parts like a warehouse and i'll be installing them in a 2month timeline, like a madman

call me up if you need some help, i won't have any morning classes next trimester
                    sigpic

Comment

Nice, I'll definitely take you up on that offer frankiman, I'll be needing some help forsure. When do you start installing the parts in your car?

It's bad luck forsure just its unbelievable that it happened to 3 out of my 4 pacakges. And the 4th package hasn't even left yet, so its more 3 out of 3. Anyways I have insurance on everything, and I'll still be optomistic about the crank, it shows up in the Canadapost software as Canadapost receiving it on Sunday the 13th (when packages ship via USPS after Canadapost gets the package from USPS, Canadapost has the tracking number in their system).

Comment

Originally posted by mitch32 View Post
                        Nice, I'll definitely take you up on that offer frankiman, I'll be needing some help forsure. When do you start installing the parts in your car?
                        i'm only going to start working on my car once i take it out of storage in april
                        but i'll get evrything i have now ready before that, like getting all the powder coating and sandblasting done

i really want to have everything done before june if i want to do alot of track/meets/shows this summer
                        sigpic

Comment

Wow Mitch, sucks to hear about the delays. Looks like your way ahead of me either way haha. I haven't ordered anything but turbo's.
                          Originally posted by Z-Tuned
                          Next question is: should I stroke it??
                          Originally posted by Wingnut
                          Yes, but leave the engine alone.

Comment

Originally posted by Velders View Post
                            Wow Mitch, sucks to hear about the delays. Looks like your way ahead of me either way haha. I haven't ordered anything but turbo's.
                            What turbos you going to run?

Comment

Originally posted by mitch32 View Post
                              What turbos you going to run?
                              velders is a jerk for getting the make of turbos I wanted lol. Nice find none the less.
                              Black 1991 GTR. Serious garage stand mantle/parts car.
                              Black 1990 Pulsar GTiR. Sold
                              Silver 1989 GTR. Sold
                              Black 2010 Subaru WRX. Weekend warrior. Sold.
                              Black 2013 F-150 FX4 ecoboost. Daily driver.
                              White 2012 Ford Explorer Limited. Family wagon.

Sorry for my offensive comments, I r socially retard.

start by having A ROLLING GTR then we talk u ******* mofo funzy little *****
                              lol

Comment

HKS 2530's
                                Originally posted by Z-Tuned
                                Next question is: should I stroke it??
                                Originally posted by Wingnut
                                Yes, but leave the engine alone.

Comment

Working...
                                X