No announcement yet.

Project "Endeavour"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hey, which one are you going with? Decided yet?)
    TTBB is a true ACN member

Comment

• UPDATE:

So after humming and hawing for a bit over whether or not I should get a different oil pump, I decided to go with the tomei pump. It will be going in this winter and I will have an N1 pump for sale if anyone is interested. Still a good wait time on the EFR turbo, hopefully be here and in the car before spring rolls around.
      Originally posted by archaeic_bloke
      hows the warp drive? i've seen far too many GTR's lately that just arent able to hit warp speed.

Comment

• Originally posted by hozer View Post
        UPDATE:

I decided to go with the tomei pump.
        simply cant go wrong with the tomei pump. mine hasnt missed a beat. what sump extension are you going to run?
        1991 Nissan Skyline R32 GT-R: 710whp 521 ft/lbs 27.5psi 11.8 @126mph low boost

Comment

• Why not go with a dry sump system instead? Tomei Pumps are good, but dry sumps are better. Since you are in Calgary too, I should be able to help you out to build a dry sump system that costs not much more than a Tomei pumps + supporting mods.

Comment

• Originally posted by xcye View Post
            Why not go with a dry sump system instead? Tomei Pumps are good, but dry sumps are better. Since you are in Calgary too, I should be able to help you out to build a dry sump system that costs not much more than a Tomei pumps + supporting mods.
            Thanks a bunch for the offer xcye, but dry sump is pretty overkill for what I need and with my sponsor price on the pump and install it ends up being considerably cheaper than a dry sump (at least I would think). Plus I already ordered the pump lol
            hows the warp drive? i've seen far too many GTR's lately that just arent able to hit warp speed.

Comment

• No problem, Hozer!

I forgot to thank you for the GT2CD clutch. I was the guy who took the one you had ordered from VEX.
              The clutch works very well and is very streetable.

Originally posted by hozer View Post
              Thanks a bunch for the offer xcye, but dry sump is pretty overkill for what I need and with my sponsor price on the pump and install it ends up being considerably cheaper than a dry sump (at least I would think). Plus I already ordered the pump lol

Comment

UPDATE:

So after humming and hawing for a bit over whether or not I should get a different oil pump, I decided to go with the tomei pump. It will be going in this winter and I will have an N1 pump for sale if anyone is interested. Still a good wait time on the EFR turbo, hopefully be here and in the car before spring rolls around.
                Oh man, wish I had a job like yours lol seems like you have a pretty open budget or is your dad rich?

Looks killer, good job! Uber jealous
                What's DTP? where? I wanna take my pulsar
                Last edited by NismoS-tune; 11-25-2011, 07:13 PM.
                Black 1991 GTR. Serious garage stand mantle/parts car.
                Black 1990 Pulsar GTiR. Sold
                Silver 1989 GTR. Sold
                Black 2010 Subaru WRX. Weekend warrior. Sold.
                Black 2013 F-150 FX4 ecoboost. Daily driver.
                White 2012 Ford Explorer Limited. Family wagon.

Sorry for my offensive comments, I r socially retard.

start by having A ROLLING GTR then we talk u ******* mofo funzy little *****
                lol

Comment

• Oh and let me know how these are for you, I didn't get good deals on OSG so I got bent over for OS front 1.1way and rear 1.5way but I'd like to know if going to the superlock is better though it's less streetable, I still have time to change parts now that I blew my new engine woot!!

As for the clutch, I might have to sell my carbonetic cause it may be too hard on my poor RRR bearings (900ps clutch rating I hear so it has huge pressure?) that walked.

As for the gears, let me know how they handle the launches, I need to find something to handle my 300whp better... Nice job on the sponsorship, wish I could, maybe I was just too stubborn to do the little things companies want me to do to have an sponsorship, plus I'm only a set up as a streetcar/autocross. Do tell us how it all handles!!

OS GT2CD clutch
                  OS Superlock front and rear diffs
                  OS 1-3 gear set with reinforced input shaft and center plate
                  Silver 1989 GTR. Sold

lol

Comment

• Originally posted by xcye View Post
                    No problem, Hozer!

I forgot to thank you for the GT2CD clutch. I was the guy who took the one you had ordered from VEX.
                    The clutch works very well and is very streetable.
                    Haha, your welcome. Glad it got a nice home... I'm neglectful to my parts and leave them in boxes for extended periods of time whilst my car undergoes repair lol... It deserved better

Originally posted by NismoS-tune View Post
                    Oh man, wish I had a job like yours lol seems like you have a pretty open budget or is your dad rich?

Looks killer, good job! Uber jealous
                    What's DTP? where? I wanna take my pulsar
                    Job at an oil company, living at home (finishing school) + the old man is pretty generous = healthy budget

Anywaysssss...
                    DTP (Driven To Perform) is a car show we get every year here in Calgary. Not the strictest entry rules so a lot of cars that have no business being at shows end up there, but the crowd is awesome. Just guys that wanna hang out with other car guys.

Looking forward to driving this thing again and will be sure to post how she rides! Really stoked on having fresh gears to drive with, I hope its as silky smooth as I imagine lol.

As for the sump extension, I never really gave it much thought but I do think its a good idea... Few questions for some of you that may know more about it:
                    How important is this and how much labor is involved?
                    If the pump is being replaced is it much more work to extend the sump?
                    My current sump has baffles in it, can i still extend it?
                    Last edited by hozer; 11-26-2011, 04:26 AM.

Comment

As for the sump extension, I never really gave it much thought but I do think its a good idea... Few questions for some of you that may know more about it:
                      How important is this and how much labor is involved?
                      If the pump is being replaced is it much more work to extend the sump?
                      My current sump has baffles in it, can i still extend it?
                      with the tomei pump your going to need a extension if you dont want your pan running dry. since your replacing your pump im assuming your pulling the motor... i went with the trust kit. ~$400 bucks. adds 1.5L to the capacity. its aluminum tho so expect the labor to get it cut and welded to be expensive.. about another $400 or so. also contains its own baffling system
                      1991 Nissan Skyline R32 GT-R: 710whp 521 ft/lbs 27.5psi 11.8 @126mph low boost

Comment

• and don't forget to size your restrictor and head drains accordingly

apparently is a good idea to size your bearing clearances accordingly too...
                        oh hai!

Comment

• i didnt bother with the extended sump when i got my tomei pump and baffle... just put restrictor in the head and turbos, do a rear head oil drain back mod and add a little more oil into the pan and bobs your uncle... never had a blip in my oil pressure on any corners but i dont track it and dont have wide sticky tires...

Comment

• thus far I've decided to not go with the extended baffle. Have heard both sides and apparently the oil pump can be done with out pulling the motor, which the pan would require. So no oil pan for I, everything else has been done though.

Comment

• That's great to know as I was just wondering that my self! Although now I'm having thoughts of changing my rod bolts, bearings and and the new collar on the crank so much $$$ lool.
                              Heart rate 160, I'm goin 260, RB26 run me past you in a jiffy

GT-R

O O SKYLINE O O

Comment

• Pulling the engine doesn't take long, did it mostly alone in about 6 hours. Just had help to keep and eye on things when coming out with the hoist.

Extension is worth the time. They highly recommend the sump if you're using a higher flow/pressure pump like HKS, Jun or Tomei. N1 and nismo are fine.
                                Silver 1989 GTR. Sold

lol

Comment

Working...
                                X