No announcement yet.

My New Project - BNR32 GTR..... Slightly Bent.. In Newfoundland

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

very nice!! I am glad that they fit perfect!!
    Biggest selection of Skyline CarbonFiber & FRP Aero in Canada. PM me.

Comment

Update #8

I have hit 2 problems, The first is a real kick in the b***s.....

The Offset on the wheels is wrong...... After all the assurances from XXR, and in fact, they don't clear the front calipers, I have since ordered up some eibach wheel spacers, 15mm for the front 10mm for the back. The back wheels fit and clear the calipers, to bad about the front.

The second is the rear diffuser, it just doesn't fit, no matter what I do, it would need to be cut, and new carbon side panels made, I think I'm just going to hang it on the wall, the finish is perfect, but it just doesn't come anywhere near fitting even after working at it for two days.

So thats about it, pulling the cage out this weekend to clean, retape the padding, and put larger plates on the chassis. Full fluid change and it should be ready for a wheel alignment. Lots of small detail work left, I need to make a list..... The rollcage is the biggest job....

Plus, when I swapped out the mines for the nistune, the car has since developed a slight miss..... Not sure if it is the plugs or something else, I'm going to pop the Mine's ECU back in and just see tomorrow. I hooked the bee -r up for a second and then cut the wires going to the ecu. It worked, no need to have it working on stock turbines. Reliability is key for this summers vacation......

So is there anyone going to the Atlantic nationals in Moncton?
      Last edited by RhdHybrid; 05-05-2011, 09:31 PM. Reason: spelling......

Comment

UPDATE # 9

So between work and everything else I managed to get the car back in one piece, I have to say, it worked perfect. I will never own another car.... Well fun car..... I failed on the rollcage removal, well really I ran out of time. So I cleaned it up as much as possible. I'll take it out the winter and do a proper job on it. As for the rest of it, All the gauges are in wired, Meth is working good, never got at the Tru Boost issue(I hooked it up wrong), So I have no boost control. But it was at ten pounds, So I left it there, To be honest, that is plenty for some of our roads..... I took the car on my vacation, loaded it up with all my gear and drove around the island, 2000kms into the trip the Rad blew apart.... The Top End tank separated.... Luckily i was in my hometown, stopped into my friends garage, found a aluminum rad with the same dimensions, just needed to move the mounts and hose ends. A day later the rad was in and I was on my way, but she was boiling the coolant bottle, so I had a suspicion the headgasket was on the way out... But a quick compression check, Number 1 was down ten pounds, not out side the window but it stuck out. So I when on to finish my vacation and drove back to Sin City, so 4000kms total. I love the car. Bottom line, I'll sell all the rest. The GTR is all that matters....LOL

So I had abit of fun, my little brother was after me to do a burn out..... How can you say no to family..... But this isn't my normal driving style.... I prefer the feeling of acceleration, not tire spin.... But here is the link... Don't flame me to bad..... LOL

So for the last week or so, it has been doing the daily driver routine, home -work - work - home. Friday the headgasket finally let go.... I wasn't being hard on her, actually I was just after looking at the nistune gauges and thinking the only thing wrong is one of the MAF's is reading alttle low... Then it was the trail of white smoke and the more smoke on the side of the road.... I know.... Stunned C**T for driving it.

The car is now at the shop, we took all the plugs out of it, the number 1 plug is clean... steam cleaned. Number 2 is half clean, 3-6 are perfect, maybe alittle rich. I then hauled the Plug and drained the oil, no water, thats positive. So I the started to remove all the timing cover and turbo pipe so I could get a little better look at the head, there was coolant on the top of the water pump housing, behind the timing belt cover. Next removed the rad, it was full of the white jelly.... Tell tale sign of HG failure.

So here is where I am now,

On one side of the camp I can rebuild

Cometic Street Pro Gasket Kit - 250
        Cometic Phusion Headgasket - 336
        ARP HeadStuds - 270

Assuming that the head and bottom end is ok.

Then I have it in my head to just source a another motor. But my Trans is grinding 4th most of the time and 3rd when it is hot. So know do I just replace the both of it. I'm also thinking I can save up and buy a R34 Motor and Trans. It is abit of work, but it solves alot of problems for my like Crank and oil pump issues, better turbines, cams, etc... This is definitely a decision.

So that's my update, from the Shop to the road, fell in love and back to the shop.

Comment

Sorry to hear man, just keep an eye on what you want out of the car! That will keep you motivated to get the parts and do the work so you can do more burn outs.....lol

I'm back in newf and still looking for a gtr, but when I get one I'll def have to swing by so we could cruise!

Good luck b'y!!
          Come on lotto!!! Daddy needs a whole lotta stuff!

Comment

sweet project, man!
            [COLOR="rgb(139, 0, 0)"][COLOR="rgb(139, 0, 0)"]CNP CREW
            NYCE1.COM[/COLOR][/COLOR]

Comment

The fact this is painted in Audi R8 White and was put into the right hands (and the owners) goes to show what can be done, and done correctly. Luv the wheels too Ken. Great job.

Cheers,

Kirk
              1995 Talon Turbo AWD Auto-X'er (Current)
              1999 Skyline R34 GT-R V-Spec (2014)
              2007 Chrysler 300 (Daily Driver)

Comment

Update # 10

UPDATE # 10

Since my last update..... We broke our old record for taking the motor out, 2 days down to 4 hrs. Substantial improvement. Then myself and Murray broke the engine down a few weeks back, couldn't see any visible damage to the head gasket or head. The car did drive into the trailer so we figured it couldn't be to bad.....

So I sent the head out for a recondition and pressure test just to make sure it was good. I get the call two days later, the head fails pressure test.... F***... With a Capital F.

Then the search started for a "LOW KMS motor". Through the search I came across many, many R32 swaps, R33 Swaps are around. Then I found a R34 Swap for a good dollar, well, if 9g's is good, but it has 20,000kms on the power train. So off to the bank I go... You should have seen the guys face when I told him what I wanted the money for... LOL. Anyway, So now i have source the power train, I still need to find a rear diff out of a R34..... These are like hens teeth.... Or at least for me.... :roll eyes:

So in preparation for the six spd tranny i have made all the mods to the floor of the car. I might have beat the floor back a bit farther then 20mm's but I didn't want any rattles or rub'n. Here are couple of pics of the floor.

Transfer Case Area

Tunnel Area

One job that got kind of missed, well not missed but I could't justify doing it till the car was going to be down for a bit, I needed to drop the rear subframe to put the 4WD pump back in on top of the rear diff..... This got left off when the car was straightened out. So myself and Dawe took the subframe out this morning.... There isn't much left in the car now....

Subframe out

Subframe

Now that the subframe was out on the ground, I thought to myself, how can I make this just that much stronger...... Out came the plate and the plasma cutter.

Boxed in the Traction Bar Tower's

Alittle bit of RockGuard

I'm going to do some more research, as the subframe is still out on the floor so there may be more bracing to come. I'm looking into the mods done by Nissan for Group A racing.

Shop Shut Down.... it is kind of hard to find a better spot to work. Big Thanks to Brian's Auto (www.briansspeedauto.com)

More updates to come as I get the car ready for the new power train.

Comment

Awesome work! This is a nice build from scratch.
                  Heart rate 160, I'm goin 260, RB26 run me past you in a jiffy

GT-R

O O SKYLINE O O

Comment

This is beautiful! So for the rest of the drivetrain, custom driveshaft and R34 rear diff? what else? this is on my bucket list as well.
                    Victory is on the horizon..

Comment

Well, here is what I have so far, the motor will drop in, just change the O2 sensors, flip the cas angle wires in the plug, a few coolant lines and the coolant pipe. I'm sure there is going to be something else... And I'll figure it out when I hit it. Now depending on the "Gear Ratio" and Trans you want to run, you may have to swap out baseman/diff's. R32 Final drive is 4.11, with the six spd trans 1st gear is too short for racing, and most practicality on the street. So most people run the 5spd trans and swap base pans for 4.11's. I'm trying to find the R34 final drive or complete diff, but it is proving difficult. Maybe I'll try Adam at Feast again. But my intended purpose, highway car - long distance drive, the R34 3.53 gears and six spd will be perfect.

On the R34 trans side, the floor needs to be modded(beaten), they plugs on the neutral/reverse switch's need to be changed. The 4wd Adapter plate on the rear of the tranny needs to changed for the R32 one, I think. The Speedo drive from the R32 needs to fitted in the R34 tranny. The crossmember is supposed to be R34, but i read on SkylinesAU(I think) that the R32 crossmember can be used, Two holes need to be drilled in it. So this is the route I'm going, my original thought was to just make a tubular crossmember, but make it into a chassis brace as well, Linking the bottom of the car, this is just me being creative.

The Rest of the power train is going like this, either I'm having the front section of the R32 drive shaft shortened, or find a drive shaft from a R34. I also found a Australian company that makes a one piece aluminum drive shaft for the R34. At 700 bucks thats not to bad.... I would like to find a R34 driveshaft.... The Rear Diff can either be R32 or R34.

The stuff I'm not sure about is, The shift might need to be modified.... I only read this on a forum, something about having to butcher the shifter. In the Nismo Instructions for there Getreg trans conversion, there is no mention of this. I'm willing to bet Nismo is right.

I'm using Nistune currently, so my MAF's are R32, I might need to change the TPS. May basic theory on the engine harness is this, if the R32 connector doesn't plug in, I'm just going to swap the sensor for the R32 one.

So if anyone has anything else that I've missed please let me know.

Ken

Comment

The R34 driveshaft will not work from what I know...it is too long for the R32. sounds good otherwise!!!
                        Victory is on the horizon..

Comment

From what I understand is that the overall length of the 6spd is 20mm longer then the 5spd. Somewhere in SkylinesAU there is a thread about this, but find it now.... Good luck, Anyway, from what I can remember the difference is only in the front section. There is a local shop here that can make me a custom shaft if need be. I would like to stay away from this thou. In the Nismo kit break down it only says Nismo R32/R33 Rear Prop shaft..... Not a lot of help.

*Additional info: Just found it on SkylinesAU, I need the R34 Front section. Or Modded stock/Custom one piece...
                          Last edited by RhdHybrid; 08-06-2011, 08:53 PM. Reason: Additional Info

Comment

wow this project has turned out longer than you planned i see. did you ever just want to just give it up and get another skyline??

Comment

Originally posted by RhdHybrid View Post
                              I know on his 94 2jz running a Borg Warner Single(780whp on pump) has his meth coming on at 4 psi(biggest jet)
                              780 on pump? Pics or it didn't happen.

Otherwise great work on the car!

Comment

[QUOTE=christdeyoung;479428]780 on pump? Pics or it didn't happen.

Video is better then pics...... And sorry it was 726, but thats in Ontario, we are at sea level, air is more dense, we make more power here.

Last edited by RhdHybrid; 08-07-2011, 12:23 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X