Law of Murphy at Play for This Daily Driver BNR32

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Interior Refresh Pt 2

Upgraded the leathers on the e-brake and shifter. The texture of the leather is quite nice and matches the console trim.

before:

after:

Haro, what do we have here? I was so anxious to receive these in the mail. As soon as it came in I got right to the install. I went with the 330mm Nardi Deep Corn wheel, Works Bell 629s short hub, and NRG quick release.

THAT is attention to detail:

It took quite a bit of modifying to make the hub fit and have a working horn. Essentially the route I took was filing down the bottom tab of the hicas angle sensor, and widening the hole on the bottom of the hub.

Next obstacle was figuring out the wiring for the horn. The wiring included in the boss kit was absolutely useless so I had to use the existing wiring harness which wasn't exactly compatible with the quick release (QR).

I connected the QR to the horn button and slipped the ground wire onto the spring on the back of the button.

Then the back of the QR was hooked up to the existing wiring harness. The ground wire on the QR would be wrapped around the spindle, secured by the 19mm nut, and the ground wire on the old harness was just left dangling.

The ground wire on the QR was too short to wrap around the spindle, so my buddy Matt grabbed some of the wiring from the boss kit and spliced it onto the ground wire to elongate it. The hub was then fitted over the spindle like so:

A job well done:

Vs old:
    Last edited by louis110; 08-13-2011, 04:00 PM.

Comment

Soooo hawt. Excellent work, man!
      Originally posted by kengeroo
      that's what I thought when I opened the package..
      ...don't drink and ebay
      '03 Ford Mustang

Comment

Thanks! Haha You might honestly be my biggest fan lol.

Comment

Lol, I probably am :P Your car is mad sexy :P I love it lol
          ...don't drink and ebay
          '03 Ford Mustang

Comment

I ran into a little "oops" when I angled my projector too far...

So I cracked open the headlight and did this...

Oh, and I bought a new HID kit because one of the ballasts from the old setup went south. 6000K, the Iphone camera makes it look more blue but in actuality it's more white. Bought from HID Canada, high quality product for very reasonable cost.

Comment

Very nice! I'm digging the black housing!
              ...don't drink and ebay
              '03 Ford Mustang

Comment

Thanks again for the hicas help. Put it all back together and did a self diagnosis and the rear wheels steer again! Which bulbs in your car are HID? I hear our years of car it can be either 1 of 2 H1 and another dont have it in front of me...

Comment

MOAR POWER!!!!

I'm just collecting parts this winter, mainly bolt on power adders. Paint my strut bars crinkle black, and possibly powdercoat my engine covers a dark red pearl colour.

So far I've picked up:

From a forum member

And custom stainless steel downpipe I found on Japan Auctions, hooked up by Adam @ Feast

Other parts on the way this winter:
                  - High flow cat
                  - OEM gasket kit
                  - RB26 Dress Up Bolts (gold)
                  - Nismo oil filler cap

Comment

Got bored of reading.. but i looked at all the pics lol. Clean, awesome, goodjob you achieved a dream man.
                    Double track drift, yo.
                    http://www.meh.ro/wp-content/uploads/2010/09/meh.ro5228.gif

(oo sκylιnε oo)

Comment

ECU is my next buy. Nice parts man.
                      Heart rate 160, I'm goin 260, RB26 run me past you in a jiffy

GT-R

O O SKYLINE O O

Comment

lol any pics of the krown rust proofing holes drilled/plugs? Ive seen so many ex krown customers with excessive and unnecessary amounts of holes drilled and spraying fiberglass (strips paint and eats away at **** + smokes when it gets on exhaust and cops dont approve of JDM car smoking) OilGard ftw
                        Double track drift, yo.

(oo sκylιnε oo)

Comment

Got pics of the drill hole spots/plugs? I've seen alot of ex krown customers who've had them drill unnecessary and excessive amounts of holes in the rockers and panels.
                          Double track drift, yo.

(oo sκylιnε oo)

Comment

Sorry no pictures. It was very seamless though, i couldn't spot where they put the spray except for a couple of plugged holes in the door jams.

Comment

Well while my car sits in the auto club, not being able to start, I've been acquiring some parts here and there over the winter.

SS brake lines, power fc, dp, cat, engine dress up bolts, sparco pedals, painted strut bars

Stock strut bars painted crinkle black

Titanium dress up bolts for the rb (5 min under a propane torch)

My downpipe has a 91mm exit, wayyy to large for the high flow cat I bought. Both courtesy of Adam @ Feast.

Took it to Neil's Power Pipes as per dakota_gsx's recommendation. Great service there! Cat modded to fit dp.

The carbon buildup was also blasted out.

C's short shifter from c_unit installed. Super awesome feel!

Some fresh nismo floor mats

Comment

great selection of parts, that downpipe looks like it means business

how will you be installing the pedals, are they covers or replacement?

and who's going to tune your PFC ?
                                sigpic

[links to all chapters in first post]

Comment

Working...
                                X