No announcement yet.

Project Modworks Monster R32 GTR

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So I found the boost leak, the MAP/Boost gauge sensor was leaking, so I fixed it, dropped my idle to around 1000rpm now. Now the issue is its completely gutless both in vacuum and boost, and as it starts to boost its compressor surging over and over. Just ants to die al the time. Im curious, with a stock ecu, the car has dual HKS BOV that appear to VTA and the recirc pipe accross the front is blocked off.
    1992 BNR32 Skyline
    285hp / 220tq @ 15.5PSI On Mustang Dyno 2014-09-22

Current Build:
    Precision 6264 Turbo 1.00A/R
    Tomei PonCam Type B
    Manley Titanium Valvetrain
    CP Pistons / Manley Rods
    Supertec Spline Drive Oil Gears/Drive
    N1 water pump / N1 Oil Pump
    Haltech Platnium Pro
    AEM Water/Menthanol
    Tomei FPR
    Exedy Hyper Twin Clutch

May 9th, 2015 made 408whp @ 9PSI

Build Thread
    http://forums.gtrcanada.com/gt-r-project-cars/62483-project-modworks-monster-r32-gtr-16.html

Comment

That's definitely a problem.
      oh hai!

Comment

FINALLY FIGURED IT OUT!!! so we found a vacuum leak, fixed it and tested, no other leaks. Take it for a drive and it works worse. Made no sense. Took a friend for a drive and he thought maybe it's not engine, it feels like the car is braking or something. So we pull and fuses, no difference. Then we pull 4wd fuse, fixed. It seems like the car was sensing power to the front wheels and getting confused, locking up one or both wheels. I dunno wtf is wrong yet, gonna check the altessa codes tonight when home.

On the upside all my single conversion parts are here, my PFc hand controller is getting fixed now and I had to send the turbo back because they sent the wrong size .
        1992 BNR32 Skyline

Current Build:
        Tomei PonCam Type B
        CP Pistons / Manley Rods
        Haltech Platnium Pro
        AEM Water/Menthanol
        Tomei FPR
        Exedy Hyper Twin Clutch

Build Thread
        http://forums.gtrcanada.com/gt-r-project-cars/62483-project-modworks-monster-r32-gtr-16.html

Comment

Installed my Walbro 255 last night, and my grill came in today, so Im currently waiting for the plastidip to dry Datalogit showed up today as well, and I shipped the turbo back to the seller for exchange, waiting for the new one now. Also Ive decided on doing the HICAS delete, ABD delete and EGT delete, as well as replacing the water pump with a new on I have while everything is apart. Should be a time
          1992 BNR32 Skyline

Current Build:
          Tomei PonCam Type B
          CP Pistons / Manley Rods
          Haltech Platnium Pro
          AEM Water/Menthanol
          Tomei FPR
          Exedy Hyper Twin Clutch

Build Thread

Comment

Man this is a solid build! Im looking forward to see more of the build.
            Started rebuilding my skyline when i was 18
            1992 GTST RB25DET
            http://forums.gtrcanada.com/gts-project-cars/54849-saved-my-car-great-scrap-heap-sky-redo-my-first-car-thread.html
            Originally posted by Bravo
            PS My wife just told me I was shitting in your Cheerios!
            I'm sorry,
            Good luck!

Comment

Okay so riddle me this. Checked the altessa for codes... Nothing. Put fuse in, went for drive, still did it. Came back, checked again, nothing. The only code I got was for the altessa ecu itself when the fuse was pulled. To me , it feels like the altessa system is sending power on and off to the front wheels, and also changing the percentage to each wheel (left/right) over and over.

On a side not, my coolant is boiling after **** off, gonna "sniff" it this weekend for exhaust, but I'm guessing it's a air leak on if of the half added temp fixes I did to the turbo coolant feeds lol.

So all I'm waiting for now is my greddy y pipe, and the correct turbo all I'll be ready. Once my buddies fd is out of my garage I'll prolly pull it in and start deleting stuff and replacing the water pump. Gotta check some **** anywys. Here's my buddies single turbo fd. If anyone's interested, follow modworks garage on Facebook, and/or modworks_garage on Instagram, we often update building with some local cars.

1992 BNR32 Skyline

Current Build:
              Tomei PonCam Type B
              CP Pistons / Manley Rods
              Haltech Platnium Pro
              AEM Water/Menthanol
              Tomei FPR
              Exedy Hyper Twin Clutch

Build Thread

Comment

Check manually at the sensors, as a faulty sensor is not always picked up by ECU unless sensor goes outside the specs. Also check the G sensors under centre console, etc, as they are known to fail and is part of what adjust's torque to front wheels.

Can add a switch to adjust the amount of torque to front wheels and explains more about how the G sensors works -

Also there's a Field Torque split controller, etc.
                Last edited by Skym; 06-17-2014, 04:20 AM.
                RESPONSE MONSTER

The most epic signature ever "epic".

Comment

Originally posted by Skym View Post
                  Check manually at the sensors, as a faulty sensor is not always picked up by ECU unless sensor goes outside the specs. Also check the G sensors under centre console, etc, as they are known to fail and is part of what adjust's torque to front wheels.
                  So is their a way to test the sensors with a multimeter that you know of?

Can add a switch to adjust the amount of torque to front wheels and explains more about how the G sensors works -

Also there's a Field Torque split controller, etc.
                  I seen these, might be an option if nothing else, I guess I could just set to 50/50 split or what ever for drag purposes and leave it alone. I plan on driving in RWD most fo the time anyways, and using 4WD for racing sometimes.
                  1992 BNR32 Skyline

Current Build:
                  Tomei PonCam Type B
                  CP Pistons / Manley Rods
                  Haltech Platnium Pro
                  AEM Water/Menthanol
                  Tomei FPR
                  Exedy Hyper Twin Clutch

Build Thread

Comment

Originally posted by r32_nate View Post
                    So is their a way to test the sensors with a multimeter that you know of?
                    The article covers how to test the G sensors. Other sensor specs are in workshop manuals, usually a list of sensors, voltages.

Sometimes when HICAS, 4wd, ABS, etc plays up it's the ECU itself (bad solders inside ECU which is common on Skylines or front or rear window or bootlid leaks and water gets into ECU via breather holes in ECU casing). Replacing the 4wd ECU with same part number 4wd ECU can eliminate ECU problems (or borrow a 4wd ECU and see if it eliminates the 4wd problems).

Originally posted by r32_nate View Post
                    I seen these, might be an option if nothing else, I guess I could just set to 50/50 split or what ever for drag purposes and leave it alone. I plan on driving in RWD most fo the time anyways, and using 4WD for racing sometimes.
                    On Nurburgring R34 GTR they had ABS, 4wd reset buttons (changes the ABS, 4wd settings) on dash for wet weather conditions.

Veilside? sold a manual pump action 4wd split controller that eliminates the electronic 4wd for drag racing purposes.
                    RESPONSE MONSTER

The most epic signature ever "epic".

Comment

Nate if you want to throw my stock rb26 ECU in and test that feel free to stop by I'll be around tonight
                      1989 Gts-T Sold

1992 GT-R Sold

1991 Gts-T Sold

1989 Gts-T Sold

1992 GT-R What did i get myself into again...

Comment

Originally posted by GTS-James View Post
                        Nate if you want to throw my stock rb26 ECU in and test that feel free to stop by I'll be around tonight
                        James hes talking about the ALTESSA ECU not the car ECU. Do you have a spare 4WD ECU?

On an upside, after the second time tearing the rotary engine apart in a week, the RX7 finally started, seems like the fresh "hone" of the housings and apex seals needed like 4 hours of idle to wear in new grooves and build constant compression. Strange issue to have, we will know for sure tonight if it worked.
                        Last edited by r32_nate; 06-18-2014, 03:37 PM.
                        1992 BNR32 Skyline

Current Build:
                        Tomei PonCam Type B
                        CP Pistons / Manley Rods
                        Haltech Platnium Pro
                        AEM Water/Menthanol
                        Tomei FPR
                        Exedy Hyper Twin Clutch

Build Thread

Comment

The article covers how to test the G sensors. Other sensor specs are in workshop manuals, usually a list of sensors, voltages.
                          Okay so I looks like it lays out the wires and the voltages, Ill check that this weekend when I get a minute, thanks. If thats not it, ad James doesn't have a spare ECU to try, im likely gonna buy this

Looks like I wire it into the signal wires of the g sensors or something and it overrides them, allowing me to tell the car how I want it split. Im cool with that #racecar LOL. Ill keep yas posted.
                          1992 BNR32 Skyline

Current Build:
                          Tomei PonCam Type B
                          CP Pistons / Manley Rods
                          Haltech Platnium Pro
                          AEM Water/Menthanol
                          Tomei FPR
                          Exedy Hyper Twin Clutch

Build Thread

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by steveo1502 View Post
                              Same one I assume? Does it work good? Am i right saying it will override the G sensors and distribute power how you have it set?
                              1992 BNR32 Skyline

Current Build:
                              Tomei PonCam Type B
                              CP Pistons / Manley Rods
                              Haltech Platnium Pro
                              AEM Water/Menthanol
                              Tomei FPR
                              Exedy Hyper Twin Clutch

Build Thread

Comment

Project Modworks Monster R32 GTR

The g sensor works in both directions , front to back, and side to side, I believe this changes the front to back only, I'm not sure if it'll do what your thinking , but it works really good, although I use 2wd like 90% of the time . Have you looked at your g sensor, the little thing that turns red?

Wheels all same size? Brand? Even treadwear makes a difference, if it's not that I would suspect a wheel speed sensor... But that should come up as a code on the atessa ecu.
                                Last edited by steveo1502; 06-19-2014, 04:36 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X