This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• R32 GTR Fluid compartment list

Well I did a little bit of searching and I couldn't find a complete list anywhere of all the different fluid compartments so I think we should get one going here with all compartments and reccomended fluids. - please correct me if I am wrong on anything or if I left anything out and I will edit this post accordingly.
    (sticky?)

1. Crank case - (engine oil)

2. Radiator - (coolant)

3. Brake Fluid - (ATE racing Blue or best DOT)

4. Transmission - (Royal Purple MAXGEAR 75W90 or AMSoil 75W90 or Redline Shockproof heavy MTL)

5. Front Differential - (Royal Purple MAXGEAR 85W90)

6. Rear Differential - (Royal Purple MAXGEAR 80W90)

7. Transfer Case - (Royal Purple MAX ATF)

8. Atessa AWD fluid - (Nissan Power Steering Fluid or dextron 3)

9. Power Steering fluid

the FSM reccomends 80W90 in the rear diff and 85W90 in the front, i see no mention of power steering fluid either.

Comment

cool thanks man.. anything else you can think of?
      what fluid goes in the attessa ressivour? And where the heck is that lol?

Comment

Clutch fluid.

regular brake fluids work.

Comment

ATESSA Reservoir - Nissan Power Steering Fluid.

Brake Fluid - Best DOT4 you can get, I'm switching to ATE racing Blue on GTR-Dad's recommendation!

Power Steering - I've read that you should use only NISSAN PS fluid, but I've used the regular stuff.

Tranny - Heavy Shockproof. I'm running AMSoil 75W90 and it still grinds fourth sometimes...
          1998 Stagea AutechVersion 260RS
          1991 GTi-R "Angry White Ghost" - FOR SALE

Comment

I use ford PS fluid on recommendation of some aussies. Never saw any difference. Got rid of it before i ever had an opportunity to push ps/hicas hard.

Comment

the atessa resivoir in the rear of the car takes power steering fluid. Its for the actuation of the 4wd clutch system, runs of an electric hydraulic pump above the rear diff. The actuator is on the tail of the tranny below the driveshaft yoke.
              Rides -
              Summer: 1992 Nissan Skyline GT-R (Currently parked in garage)
              Winter/Breakdown: 1999 Toyota Tercel CE (only 70,000 KM)

Comment

the 4WD fluid is nissan matic D atf fluid... however i think i recal reading that it is the same specification as dexron III. its the matic J stuff thats different.

As for the power steering fluid it recomends nissas special ps fluid... its still red so its not synthetic and i believe it should be interchangeable with other fluids?

Comment

I was told that all nissans before 2000ish (forgot exact year) use atf fluid for ps

Comment

we use dextron 3 for ATTESA systems

ATTESA bleeding, idiots guide:
                    After searching the Forums and the whole internet and i could not find a full write up on this. Everyone seems to have mixed opinions and different explanation of how to do it. And not having a manual or any thing else to go by, i decided to do a write up on it after i figured it out. So here it ...

gearbox oil change guide:
                    just did my gearbox oil change today and heck, might as well take a couple of pictures in case some of you guys are wondering how its being done. before i continue, you have to bear in mind that ANY oil change can be a VERY dirty, messy and tiring job but think of the satisfaction and money saved...

clutch bleed guide:
                    I saw that many people have trouble bleeding their clutch so I thought I would add this. It is step by step, it works well for fluid flushes ect. but if you are installing a new master cylinder or lines you may need to 'repeat' the repeat steps. I have referred to the fluid dampener as "funny lit...
                    ѕhan :: play@ :: work@

Comment

Redline Shockproof Heavy for the manual trans FTW

Comment

Thanks for the guide links funky monkey.
                        If you find any more oil guides postem up

Also what kind of oil filters do you guys run?
                        part # if you have it?

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Anderson View Post
                          Thanks for the guide links funky monkey.
                          If you find any more oil guides postem up

Also what kind of oil filters do you guys run?
                          part # if you have it?

I jsut bought some PE power mag filter 03a supposedly rated best filter amongst japanese tuner test, I also run 1990 300 TT wix oil filters best element compared to the fram garbage.

Comment

Thought we already had a sticky fluid list, but couldn't find it. Ran across this and thought it should be stickied.

If information is duplicated somewhere else, post the link here and I'll merge the threads.

Cheers,
                            Dan
                            sigpic
                            The Beaumont Connection

Comment

other than the Royal Paper Maxgear. what is everyone running in their front and rear differential, results? If i'm going to only change this stuff every couple of years i want to make sure it's some good stuff.

Most stuff i find is 75w-90, or 80w-90 at best.
                              has anyone came accross an actual 85w-90?

how about Motul PA90?
                              Tџяϊsмø

Comment

Working...
                              X