R32 Skyline GTS-T (Ztune Silver) - Sold

Comment

• Originally posted by Rapier46 View Post
      why are they better
      build one and then the other

Comment

• Or explain why they're better? You must have a reason

Comment

• less moving parts is a huge bonus, cheaper to build also counts. They were found in the coolest cars too.

Comment

• 600+whp out of a 1.3L engine ain't to shabby (not saying mine has that... but it's done all the time). They also are a dream to drive, very smooth all the way to 9000RPM and if built RIGHT (emphasis on "right")... will last 10x as long as a piston engine in a race environment and even on the street. Less wear, cheaper to rebuild and once you remove all the **** Mazda did wrong in the FD (rats nest, cooling system, joke of an IC, heatsoaking turbochargers etc) they are super easy to work on and very reliable.

Also, you can pull the engine out in about 45mins. No joke, I did it... by myself. The swap was easier than Zulu's GTR and the build much easier.

TROL

Comment

• double post

TROL

Comment

• and they sound like sex
                R32 GTR FULL SERVICE MANUAL DOWNLOAD:
                http://forums.gtrcanada.com/faq/36-holy-bible-6.html#post467565

Comment

• mmm... rotors... 3 internal moving parts... quad rotor... 360 degree ign cycle sounds like magic on the quad rotors... i want!

Comment

• I thought rotary had to be rebuilt often?

Comment

• No, they don't. Only if you don't know how to take care of it. Built right they are just as reliable (if not more than an RB26) as a piston engine.

TROL

Comment

• define built right.. im intrigued
                        Just one step on my way to Eleventy Billion horsepower.
                        --------------------------------

Comment

• Originally posted by falcon
                          No, they don't. Only if you don't know how to take care of it. Built right they are just as reliable (if not more than an RB26) as a piston engine.
                          once you get some 3mm apex seals in them:wink:

I love the rotarys too ..... sound uber sexy with a bridge port

Comment

• Originally posted by FunnyGas View Post
                            define built right.. im intrigued
                            Proper porting done with proper ign timing, port opening/closing. Good side seal clearancing, 3mm seals or ALS 2mm seals. New housings, lapped irons, dowel pinned.

That pretty much does it.

Then as long as you have a quality fuel system up to the task, good ignition and a good tune (along with pre-turbo water injection) there is no reason the engine shouldn't last 100k.

There are a lot of different ways to build a rotary. The one I described is how my new engine is being built. Most rotarys blow due to poor tuning, running too much boost on pump gas and poor porting templates. Too much exhaust overlap creating higher EGT's.

TROL

Comment

• :wink:
                              Originally posted by Z-Tuned
                              Next question is: should I stroke it??
                              Originally posted by Wingnut
                              Yes, but leave the engine alone.

Comment

• rotaries do NOT like pinging... pinging = rebuild most of the time... 2mm & 3mm apex seals are the way to go and ceramic if you can afford it and steel if you cant tune worth sh*t

Comment

Working...
                                X