Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I've got a quote from Facility on my Fairlady, and I'm with them right now, and I'm at 351 a month - no joke, for an NA, 2+2 Fairlady Z, no previous tickets or accidents.

Who's this Urzela? Is she reliable? And will she beat this shitty Facility place?
    ├┼┼╕
    246R 見渡せば 花も紅葉も なかりけり 浦のとまやの 秋の夕ぐれ

Comment

• urzula is out of commision, her head office wont allow her to do anymore RHD vehicles. As of this moment the only insurance place is facility, read this thread. http://forums.gtrcanada.com/legalese...-help-fix.html
      '12 Kia Forte - Winter/Summer car
      '91 Skyline GTR - Weekend Fun/Project car

Comment

• Urg... This is seriously getting annoying. Insurance companies need to stop being so damn selective. RHD means nothing worse than LHD... You'd think making money would be more important to them
        Originally posted by kengeroo
        that's what I thought when I opened the package..
        ...don't drink and ebay
        '03 Ford Mustang

Comment

• Keep your nose clean and your insurance probably wont get dropped, get some tickets and they will drop you quick. Also they will do this if you have 3 tickets on your licence (even if no demrit points) in ANY car whether it be LHD or RHD. Also insurance companies dont like to insure any performance car as they tend to have higher accident rates.

Royal Facility Insurance for all of those who are wondering is run by the provincial government because legally anyone who is a licenced driver must be able to obtain insurance in Ontario (DUI on licence etc). This is generally for high risk drivers only hence the high rates.

If you are looking for insurance and you have been with an insurance company for a long time have your broker pester them and they may insure you, mods will make this more difficult though.
          1994 R32 GT-R V-Spec II

Originally posted by aN4rk1
          Like frig, is it really that hard to spell properly on the "internetz"?? I don't know whether these guys just choose to spell like that or don't know HOW to spell...either way...WTF?

Comment

• hi Im currently insuring a 94 skyline r33 r gts25t (impul)
            when it arrives in 2 weeks I need to have a "detailed appraisal" including values of any upgrades. not a novel but, not just the "check list"
            when the appraisal is completed fax directly to an agent (call ahead to arrange) and they will forward to the underwriting dept. to approve your car

\\*** ANY HIGH PERFORMANCE PART WILL MAKE VEHICLE UNINSURABLE THROUGH CERTAS***///

NOTE:air filters, suspension, brakes, rims/tires(usless not street legal), changing air hoses to stainless steel, etc. is not performance.. its nescessity/function/value and is allowed within reason
            bigger turbos/internals/nos/downpipes/test pipes/ecu/fuel mgmt/injectors ...largly increasing power is NOT aloud
            also certas does not do 19A coverage but does do 19
            19a- cover historic vehicle with retained value so it covers full appraised value always
            19-- covers full appraised value, but, it depriciates from the date of appraisal to the date of the claim of total loss. So 4 years after you import and appraise /insure there is a "total loss" your $20,000(appox) appraised value minus 4 years depriciation is the amount they will back you

and the number i use is 1-800-794-0008 to get a quote

Comment

• ^number is not in service! :/

Comment

• Holy ****, dejardins is actually sending me out forms and stuff!!!!! MIRACLE! Only had to try 8 diffrent times with 8 diffrent reps lol!

All they want is
                An Application
                Appraisal
                Abstract
                Copy of OwnerShip
                And a Letter Of Experience from my current insurance company! lol

Comment

• so i got my renewal rate
                  $2881/yr skyline
                  $2343/yr volvo
                  with tenant and family rate
                  $495/month
                  2 cars full coverage ($21,500 skyline + liability only volvo waiting for full after rebuild )
                  plus rental replacement/ tenant insurance $652/yr
                  but the skyline alone is $240 a month add 15% if no a multi-car policy
                  reduce 5% for winters (save a but load suspending coverage)
                  save an additional 10-15% for 1 of 5 approved immobilizers
                  (they had a mandatory 1000.00 deductable for me)
                  but im covered for anything
                  my wife gets primary soon so rate will raise but skylines getting garaged so suspened coverage will save me a bunch
                  (it only removes collision so if it doesnt move how can anything collide with it)
                  (theft damage liability all still in effect)
                  1-800-794-0008 is still a good number i just called it
                  its only good in ontario
                  i know they will be very non committing to anything untilthe underwriting department reviews the appraisal
                  then if approved(no high performance mods) you will be faxed a confirmation of immediate coverage
                  and mailed your premium package shortly; but they explain in detail over the phone with you
                  Last edited by M-type; 11-06-2010, 05:51 PM.

Comment

• i should call them

Comment

• Originally posted by Nexsys View Post
                      Holy ****, dejardins is actually sending me out forms and stuff!!!!! MIRACLE! Only had to try 8 diffrent times with 8 diffrent reps lol!

All they want is
                      An Application
                      Appraisal
                      Abstract
                      Copy of OwnerShip
                      And a Letter Of Experience from my current insurance company! lol
                      Congrats, I am still in the search . lol apparently insurance companys don't like 500bhp lol

Comment

• lol they rejected me cause a body kit adds to performance.... LMFAO

Comment

• Getting called back on Monday by a company that MAY do RHD vehicles! I'll keep everyone updated!
                          Originally posted by kengeroo
                          that's what I thought when I opened the package..
                          ...don't drink and ebay
                          '03 Ford Mustang

Comment

• Originally posted by Snake556 View Post
                            Getting called back on Monday by a company that MAY do RHD vehicles! I'll keep everyone updated!
                            been a few months... kinda hope they called you back by now lol

Comment

• Anybody having luck lately to get a decent quote for insurance?
                              I am 28, have a clean driver record and just would like to get a normal pricing for a Pajero. The best (and only) quote I got so far is from "Guarantee Company of North America" and would be $363/month.

Comment

• Spoke to Urszula today. She informed me that she has left allstate........all hope is now lost
                                1991 Silver Skyline R32 GT-R - SOLD You will be sorely missed girl :'(

Comment

Working...
                                X