Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i called them, they said no, so im gonna see if i can get someone else to do it, and just move both car, cant wait till bel air asks why im leaving. oh well im getting screwed with them right now anyway 430 a MONTH for full coverage and 0% liability but still that some hard core ass rape.

I think i may get an ontario vin when the car gets here.

Comment

So nobody has a solid connection for insurance. This is getting kind of frustrating. There has to be a Company that insures them.

Comment

In ontario....

So, has anyone recently get insured in Ontario ? I'm still looking and got refused a couple of places so far....
        1990 Nismo GtR #283
        354hp - 292 ft-lbs
        -"And I thought my girlfriend was high maintenance..." -Etienne

Comment

Any updates of companies lately that will insure them. All i've been getting is NO's :hit_head:
          Tџяϊsмø

Comment

i am also having trouble find some companies that will give me a quote, the only one that gave me a quote was the co-operators for 440 month everyone else said no. would like know if there any other i can call?

Comment

Just added my 92 skyline gtr to my State Farm policy, other then talking directly to my agent instead of the data entry person (vin doesn't fit in the system) No real problems and cheaper then my bikes.

Comment

OK if u currently have insurance on another car OR you are on your parents policy you car goes on without a hick up

Here are 2 ppl I know will take RHD cars.
                Certa's Direct will take you so long as u want to make the wait.

And here is my personal save that I no longer need

Zehr Insurance brokers. These guys know RHD cars and wont hassle you.
                Just 411 the #'s and u should be ok

*please note these companies should insure I cant predict if you have any tickets, or a bad drivers license, or your car is intensely modified beyond belief.
                You can't doubt the existance of hell when you live in it

Comment

From what i have found. it's actually easy to get a GTR insured under the right circumstances.

If you have a daily driver you can insure it as a classic/leisure vehicle.
                  ING will do it, just find a broker that deals with them. They WONT do a 19a endorsement though, so that kinda sucks ass.

Also, if you own a vehicle in Ontario and have an Ontario registration. You can't be refused. Now certain companies can say no, which they will. You need to find a broker that deals with "High Risk" markets, i know it sounds scary. I don't know the exact term but "Facility" insurance i've heard a lot lately. Basically they can't say no, BUT is wont be cheap.

With ING, my 2001 Tacoma and 90 GTR appraised at $20g. both full coverage. would cost $305 / month, that's with an OPCF 19. i'm 22, clean record. that's insured as a leisure vehicle. NO COMMUTING.

I got a quote for just a normal insurance it was around $2600 / year. Again only a OPCF 19, not a 19a

Nobody wants to agree to a 19a policy because in that case it actually favors the car owner and not the insurance company. They are all crooks, there's no doubting that, it's just a matter of finding one on a good day.
                  Tџяϊsмø

Comment

if you are in need of a 19a policy and are younger than 25 years old. find a broker to deal with optimum frontier they were willing to insure me with a 19a, it was costly though, like $4000/yr.
                    Tџяϊsмø

Comment

• I just got a call from my family's insurance company (co-operators) and they said they don't have a listing in the book for it, so they'll base it on price ($14,000) and fees from this.. "facility" thing.. not sure what it was. oh and it's a high-risk vehicle.
                      anyway, it worked out to $4809/year that's only liability.

that's actually less than what I paid a year ago with my first car (eclipse turbo) and a G2. I paid $460/month. got my G a couple months later, had no tickets.. so when review rolled around in the new year, it dropped to only $260/month. I'm 18 now so I've still got some deductions to go through @21,25 etc. hopefully I can hold out that long haha.. I don't want to substitute an RSX or celica or anything for a skyline lol.

Comment

• Insurance

To all my RHD friends. i am also a member of this club. jut not with a beastly car as yours. i dive an s13 silvia. but my mom works for belair direct who is owned by ING..yadda yadda yadda. she told me tonight the ING Novex is now insuring RHD vehicles as more then just non commuting. no clasic car sunday driver deal. i got quoted 4600 for full coverage. im 18 with my g2 for just over a year. just putting it out there. give them a ring guys. glad i could help. have a good one.

Comment

• Do you have a contact number for all our lazy ppl?

Comment

• I am currently with state farm and I think I got a decent deal. The catch is you must have a clean record and so on. They do offer pretty decent insurance for motorcycles too. Heres my agent number 905-569-1199 his name is Patrick Taskela.

Comment

• Originally posted by Boost213 View Post
                              To all my RHD friends. i am also a member of this club. jut not with a beastly car as yours. i dive an s13 silvia. but my mom works for belair direct who is owned by ING..yadda yadda yadda. she told me tonight the ING Novex is now insuring RHD vehicles as more then just non commuting. no clasic car sunday driver deal. i got quoted 4600 for full coverage. im 18 with my g2 for just over a year. just putting it out there. give them a ring guys. glad i could help. have a good one.

Ive got my WRX with bel-air, i called asking about my GTR and they said "No RHD"

When did this change as i called like 2-ish weeks ago.

Comment

• Had a great time using Royal & Sun Alliance. My car was LHD but it was fully covered and fully modified and used on the street, I'm 26 and I had about a $1050 premium on 10,000 appraisal. I even told them it would see track time, and they said that's fine, as long as I understand it is not covered when it is on the track.

Now that the car is no longer used on the street I can't get fire/theft only. they won't cover me at all, I don't think Lant & Co. will cover me either.

Anyone know where to get storage / travel insurance for racecars?????
                                “When you are wrestling for possession of a sword, the man with the handle always wins.”

Comment

Working...
                                X