Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am with Asger Petersen Insurance Brokers...and the parent company is Pilot insurance company, just liability only. i got this reference last year from someone on the forums.....i forget who it was...anyway
    Unfortunately dont offer insurance to our type of cars now... i just resumed my insurance because i was still paying for fire and theft on the vehicle over the winter...but the others who cancelled then came back were not so fortunate......

so i guess this is one company you shouldnt spend your time calling....
    -mike

Comment

thanks to gtr user shred , who put me on to Program Insurance Brokers i am getting mine through them , very helpful , no appraisal , and no long waiting time , here is the number ask for Luke , 519-669-1631

Comment

i called Certas they said the 4-6 weeks and they required letter of abstact, appraisal, and a letter of experience
        i also called that calvin guy and he said its gonna be hella expensive
        allstate and this was a buddy of mine said they didnt insure RHD unless you already have our home and other cars insured then they'll let the RHD slide

can someone help a brother out im thinking about buying the gtr now and insuring it later cause im getting it for a good deal

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMP View Post
          i called Certas they said the 4-6 weeks and they required letter of abstact, appraisal, and a letter of experience
          i also called that calvin guy and he said its gonna be hella expensive
          allstate and this was a buddy of mine said they didnt insure RHD unless you already have our home and other cars insured then they'll let the RHD slide

can someone help a brother out im thinking about buying the gtr now and insuring it later cause im getting it for a good deal

read the post above you pal !!

Comment

I picked up an EGT gauge and I have no idea where to put the probe. I know certain cars have certain places that are proven to work better, but I couldn't find anything on the skyline or RB20. Does it need to be in the manifold? if so which runner is best? I'd love to be able to just put it in my downpipe(have a bung already)
            If you can't join 'em, beat 'em

-- ProjecT PhenoM --

Comment

I go through Guardsmen Insurance, a subsiduary of Waterloo Insurance, here in Kingston. For me, 23 y/o, no accidents or tickets, single, it costs me around 1300$ a year, all year round for a '92 GTR, insured for 20 000$. There was no waiting period, only needed to get them an appraisal and a copy of the safety that was done to the car.

Comment

Originally posted by G.T.R View Post
                If you live In Ontario and drive a skyline, or any other right hand drive car. I have found a financially affordable insurance company that is more then willing to insure you. It took me a couple hours to find them. and now I am here to share it with you. The insurance company is called Certa's Direct Insurance. there number is 1-888-298-0692. So instead of spending hours trying to find insurance and getting No's, and high rates. Call them you will be pleasantly surprised. I am 17 years old with a G2 and they want 3400 for me to drive a GTS 4.

So if your looking give them a call
                Certas Direct Insurance Company
                Telephone : 1-888-298-0692
                hello i have phoned tha company to get a quote for my new skyline and they told me that i have to wait 8 weeks to properly do this i was not impressed at all they have many requirements and it takes to long who in there right mind will wait 8 weeks for a freakin quote? not me... im sorry but they get 2 thumbs down
                Life is fun when sideways.

Comment

Yeah i know they dropped the ball cause they got bombarded with people in RHD cars so yeah. Theres a couple other ones. Like Zehr auto insurance if you go like me and the collector car route ?
                  steve
                  You can't doubt the existance of hell when you live in it

Comment

Originally posted by G.T.R View Post
                    Yeah i know they dropped the ball cause they got bombarded with people in RHD cars so yeah. Theres a couple other ones. Like Zehr auto insurance if you go like me and the collector car route ?
                    steve
                    collector car route whats this and i need 2 way insurance
                    Life is fun when sideways.

Comment

Most "classic car" insurance policies (eg: Lant Silver Wheels) stipulate certain things you may NOT use the car for.

Here's what Lant's is:

1. No use for work purpose or commuting to/from.
                      2. No daily errands/shopping, unless out for "a drive" (careful with parking lot
                      claims!!)
                      3. Also, you must have another vehicle insured normally somewhere as your
                      daily driver (they will confirm this)
                      4. You must have at least 10 years driving experience, from when u got your
                      FULL G if you went thru graduated licencing.
                      5. They also SUGGEST winter storage, but it is not a requirement, and
                      coverage is year-round, but consider why you would use it then......

You are NOT restricted to weekend use, there is no mileage limit, just conform to the above.

To 1989GTR, I would like to know how, and what company a 21 year old has classic insurance with. Maybe it would be even cheaper for me being 30.
                      Even tho I'm only paying $265/YEAR for FULL COVERAGE with Lant. ($13g appraisal GTS-T)
                      At that price, I'm not complaining about the restrictions.
                      I don't use it for work (kinda hard to haul 45,000lbs with a Skyline), and if I'm gonna spend the kind of coin these 15+ year old cars go for, I'm gonna take care of her and put her to bed for the winter.
                      I'm also not taking her to the cell-phone-using too-big-for-you-SUV-driving soccer-mom infested waters of my local WalMart.

JUST AN FYI for people wanting to go this route for insurance......
                      At least with Lant, a letter has already been sent out regarding the useage of the "newer" 15-24 yr old vehicles they have been insuring LATELY. Sounds like an influx of JDM's to me. It was a reminder to stick to their usage restrictions due to a number of claims resulting from mis-use. Obviously they are paranoid about these cars and are testing the waters....

So P P P PLEASE, if anyone insures their Skyline this way, lets not have ANOTHER insurance door slammed in our faces by abusing it......I'd HATE to lose my insurance cause some jackhole couldn't afford insurance elsewhere for their daily driven Skyline :hit_head:

Sorry for the long post, I'm bored...

Rick
                      '89 GTST - SOLD
                      '92 GTR
                      '94 Mitsubishi Pajero 2.8TD LWB
                      '12 Mazda3 Sport Skyactiv

Comment

True. I am going this route cause I am a secondary on my moms car. And the skyline will be more like just in case I need to go to work ( can park it in a covered area) or to school ( friend lives 20 secs from school so i park at his house). Otherwise if a ride is available I will take that ride. For example I am car pooling to school on week a friend of mine takes me one week i take him. I went this route because paying 400 bucks a month just to drive seems a little much. I really wish there was a medium but nope. I thought I could pay more and get a higher km limit but its iether 220/yr for a GTS T or 4,000 a year for a GTS T which one would you pick ?
                        Steve

BTW my company does allow you to drive in the winter. But not when its snowing like crazy. besides if its snowing like crazy i dont go out anyways. Only thing is if you do bend these rules and get into parking lot fender benders, it comes out of pocket, and I dont plan on making any claims, I hope everything works out cause next year im going full time insurance. But like I said user beware, you can bend the rules slightly but push to much and break it may constitute insurance fraud.

Comment

Im insured with Lant too.......less than $200 a year....can't complain. Besides, i ave my Pathfinder for daily drives and "talking-on-the-cellphone-while I drive-my-truck-to-go-shopping", lol.

I love Lant's service. The process was quick and convenient. Just had the appraisal done and that's all.
                          (O||O___SKYLINE___O||O)

Cheap, Reliable, Fast.....PICK TWO
                          SERENITY NOW!!!!!!
                          HEAVY METAL IS THE LAW........EVERYTHING ELSE IS JUST CRIME

Comment

Originally posted by judasentinel View Post
                            Im insured with Lant too.......less than $200 a year....can't complain. Besides, i ave my Pathfinder for daily drives and "talking-on-the-cellphone-while I drive-my-truck-to-go-shopping", lol.

I love Lant's service. The process was quick and convenient. Just had the appraisal done and that's all.
                            Ya I'm very happy with them so far also.
                            I totally agree it was very easy to set up with them, if you can deal with their restrictions.
                            I'd much rather use our brand new CX-7 for mall missions anyhow, couldn't fit the new lanmower in the Skyline....

And wow G.T.R., you were given a quote for 4K per year!! Damn!!
                            Thats even a bad price for someone younger... Who quoted that crap???
                            Sounds like someone just didn't want to deal with the Skyline and quoted an absured amount so you'd go away:hit_head:
                            I'd hang up before they finished their sentance..uke:

Rick
                            '89 GTST - SOLD
                            '92 GTR
                            '94 Mitsubishi Pajero 2.8TD LWB
                            '12 Mazda3 Sport Skyactiv

Comment

Thats normally the average quote, I live in the southern part of ontario so insurance is generally higher here. My insurance company i am with now wants 3,700 but there with my moms insurance and all that and I want to get off cause if the car does attract any tickets I dont want there premium to go up as a result.
                              I was considering renting a P.O box somewhere up north and do insurance that way. BUT then ill have to drive u p to that box every 6 mnths or a year to pay it haha

Comment

need help!! looking to buy a nissan skyline gtr. and been calling insurance companies for quote and the best quote i got is for 440 a month full coverage with a 500 deductible from co-operators. ive called certas and they i need the appraised value and and everthing before they can even give me a quote and even then its not a guarentee. i caaled zehr insurance they quoted me 450 a month, i called pearson dunn and the skyline is on the restricted list, allstate said they cant do it, also called waddell insurance and they said they dont take that car anymore and referred me to another company but u need to have your lincense for 10years.

Comment

Working...
                                X