Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "the underwriter is saying that this is a highly modified race car, not insurable etc"
    lol this guy watched fast n furious to many times ..... just like a corvette/viper/..ect
    & my ins co is http://www.lant-ins.ca/custom_wheel_plan.php
    but you need to have ur lic for least 10yrs.
    1990 nissan skyline gtr r32 - weekend driver
    2003 Cadillac Deville DHS - Daily Driver

Comment

• Well i just spend the last 4 hours calling every insurance company on this forum lol, i got no's from everyone.... including ursula because of my short insurance history anyone have any ideas? im 24, g2 clean record, going for my g next jan.

Im like seconds from calling every insurance place in my phone book x.x

Just called ALFA insurance in hamilton, told them i needed a quote for a rhd skyline, girl is like... "wow, whered you get that" lol spose to be calling me back to get me a quote

Acumen seems nice to, phone book helps, so far no one has said no to me lol... god bless the little guys wanting coin

AR Insurance quoted me at 3800/yr lol

And 5 hits and they all go home lol, well, 20 phone calls made, 10 quotes coming back, 1 already quoted, and 9 i have to call back monday. Also sent out 18 emails to individual brokers lol, cross your fingers for me.
      Last edited by Nexsys; 07-09-2010, 05:01 PM.
      '12 Kia Forte - Winter/Summer car
      '91 Skyline GTR - Weekend Fun/Project car

Comment

• Cam-Ron insurance brokers in Sarnia, On.
        Speak with Dave Ashdown. 519-337-3713.
        The company they deal with for RHD is Gore Mutual.
        They do RHD's on a case-by-case basis, they do not just say "NOPE". Also, they have not filed federally for the right to refuse RHD's like 90% of the other companies. (this filing is the reason for the straight up "no" with no justification)
        I guess someone still likes to make money.
        I currently moved my whole policy (2 cars, house, and new boat soon) to them cause they were the only ones to insure my Pajero (of all things).
        They also hooked up Andrew (overboostedlebaron) for his Skyline.

I know the broker's in Sarnia, but hopefully this helps some people.
        Tell him Rick and Andrew sent you!

Rick
        '89 GTST - SOLD
        '92 GTR
        '94 Mitsubishi Pajero 2.8TD LWB
        '12 Mazda3 Sport Skyactiv

Comment

• Originally posted by Nexsys View Post
          Well i just spend the last 4 hours calling every insurance company on this forum lol, i got no's from everyone.... including ursula because of my short insurance history anyone have any ideas? im 24, g2 clean record, going for my g next jan.

Im like seconds from calling every insurance place in my phone book x.x

Just called ALFA insurance in hamilton, told them i needed a quote for a rhd skyline, girl is like... "wow, whered you get that" lol spose to be calling me back to get me a quote

Acumen seems nice to, phone book helps, so far no one has said no to me lol... god bless the little guys wanting coin

AR Insurance quoted me at 3800/yr lol

And 5 hits and they all go home lol, well, 20 phone calls made, 10 quotes coming back, 1 already quoted, and 9 i have to call back monday. Also sent out 18 emails to individual brokers lol, cross your fingers for me.
          oh Im in for a treat then -.-7
          Maybe try and go through father....I am 18 and on my G but just a secondary driver on the honduh
          Victory is on the horizon..

Comment

• Originally posted by RixR32 View Post
            Cam-Ron insurance brokers in Sarnia, On.
            Speak with Dave Ashdown. 519-337-3713.
            The company they deal with for RHD is Gore Mutual.
            They do RHD's on a case-by-case basis, they do not just say "NOPE". Also, they have not filed federally for the right to refuse RHD's like 90% of the other companies. (this filing is the reason for the straight up "no" with no justification)
            I guess someone still likes to make money.
            I currently moved my whole policy (2 cars, house, and new boat soon) to them cause they were the only ones to insure my Pajero (of all things).
            They also hooked up Andrew (overboostedlebaron) for his Skyline.

I know the broker's in Sarnia, but hopefully this helps some people.
            Tell him Rick and Andrew sent you!

Rick
            Thanks ill give him a call monday morning. As for going through father, theres no way.

Comment

• Originally posted by Oakville View Post
              oh Im in for a treat then -.-7
              Maybe try and go through father....I am 18 and on my G but just a secondary driver on the honduh
              I wouldn't Ryan. The sooner you start on your own, the sooner your rates will drop. You have a full G so it won't be too bad. You'll find something..there's still a few companies out there...

Originally posted by Nexsys View Post
              Thanks ill give him a call monday morning. As for going through father, theres no way.
              No problem. He's a very reasonable guy to deal with...no prejudice against RHD at all, and knows his stuff.
              They just needed pics of my truck (including VIN plate to veirfy short VIN), and a copy of the ownership for that same purpose.
              No appraisal needed, but the purchase price (bill of sale).
              Only downfall....it's almost EXACTLY the same price for full coverage as my wife's '10 Mazda 3, for a 1994 Pajero LWB 2.8 diesel.
              But then again, wife's car was 18,900 brand new.....Pajero was 10,500 plus the fact they figure parts will be more...so I guess I can't complain.
              '89 GTST - SOLD
              '92 GTR

Comment

• what Im thinking is putting the honda in my name, and ease into payments with the skyline under my dads. That way I can be gaining insured driving time and when I have a steady income, swapping the skyline to my name and hope for some collector car policy to come along.

Comment

• Originally posted by Oakville View Post
                  what Im thinking is putting the honda in my name, and ease into payments with the skyline under my dads. That way I can be gaining insured driving time and when I have a steady income, swapping the skyline to my name and hope for some collector car policy to come along.
                  Ha, shoulda known you had a plan...
                  Good idea. Now just get the car already!
                  '89 GTST - SOLD
                  '92 GTR

Comment

• After I figure out my school payments, the car will be next on the list. I'm hoping sometime by the end of this year, as I will have to reassess my situation after I've worked my summer away

Comment

• Just sent off a list of 39 emails to insurance brokers/companies if i get any positive hits and good quotes ill let you guys know

Comment

• Originally posted by Nexsys View Post
                        Just sent off a list of 39 emails to insurance brokers/companies if i get any positive hits and good quotes ill let you guys know
                        Damn. Ive sent a total of two. Good luck dude.
                        93 R33 GTST - DD
                        97 Legacy GT Sedan - RIP
                        2000 Buick LeSabre -RIP

Comment

• well in another thread i posted how i contacted 19 in 1 day, since them to now, ive contacted easily over 110 brokers/companies.

Edit: Another 5 sent

Edit 2: 72 Sent today now for some sleep before work.

Said flat out no: 4
                          MHC Insurance Brokers
                          Gilmour Insurance Brokers
                          CAIB
                          Ten Star Insurance Brokers

Will insure: 3
                          Dejardins, Quoted at 4,100/yr just for liability, had to fight the guy to talk to his underwriter, up til then he was trying to refuse.
                          RBC, Quoted 7,100/yr basic coverage... ouch
                          Preferred, guy went on vacation til the 9th, gotta wait it out .
                          Gilmour(Contacted Facility), 3,519/yr - Best quote yet, but still shopping. Over 300/mo is a lil extreme.

Out of office responce from: 5
                          Rest have yet to respond

If i get a good quote from a company ill postit up, however if you want the specific contact info, PM me.

I think we need a private insurance company made up of the members of this forum and other enthusiasts.........
                          Last edited by Nexsys; 07-30-2010, 09:15 PM.

Comment

• Update on my info, I just turned 25 not too long ago. Called Urzsala and BAM, rate dropped. Here is new info:

Model: 91 R32 GT-R
                            Licence: G
                            Tickets: 1 Speeding Ticket (129 in 100 Zone)
                            Appraisal Value: $13,500
                            Price: $160/month !!!
                            Company: Allstate
                            Last edited by aN4rk1; 08-03-2010, 11:01 AM.
                            1991 Silver Skyline R32 GT-R - SOLD You will be sorely missed girl :'(

Comment

• re-VIN nonsense...

Once your insurance company finds out that your car is RHD, you will be toast! Re-VIN is a pointless exercise, unless you like intentionally lying to your insurance agent.

RHD is what it is all about, not VIN. Just because some dude can type in a VIN does not mean that you're in the clear.

Sheesh!

FYI, I noticed that that the vast majority of Porsches in Japan are LHD, and just for giggles I gave my insurance agent the "rest of the world" VIN from a 944S2 at a USS Tokyo auction.

He couldn't look up the VIN, but when I said it was LHD he said could care less where it came from as long as it was able to be legally registered in Ontario is all that mattered, and in this case it would cost exactly the same as a domestic equivalent to insure.

Basically, VIN is meaningless, it's what the car is that counts, and in the JDM or UKDM markets that means RHD.

Originally posted by lucky_cefiro View Post
                              For ontario Re-vin:

you need to call
                              416-252-3441 and speak with Sheila. Ask her for a re-vin application.

this will help in insuring your car here as any insurance company can plop the vin into there system, because of this you will not have to deal with the underwriters(they're the ones who refuse to insure you).
                              Last edited by gtrbubba; 08-04-2010, 04:13 PM.

Comment

• Well, i managed to get a quote for insurance that decent, $150/mo, or $1800/yr, if anyone would like the contact info let me know

Model: 91 R32 GT-R
                                Licence: G2
                                Tickets: 0 Perfect Record
                                Appraisal Value: $14,500
                                Price: $150/month
                                Company: PM ME!

Now all i have to do is fix my lights, get it safety tested, and i can get my insurance going, then the joys of plating the car and thinking of something funny to put on the plate...
                                Last edited by Nexsys; 08-15-2010, 01:08 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X