This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Revv10K View Post
    I just found a wonderful woman who will insure RHD vehicles on a case by case scenario. *edited by admin* Tell her that Corey sent you and you should be on your way.

But she wanted to make it clear that it's not guaranteed. But she will help the best she can. She saved me a bunch of money.
    Did you get a skyline insured? I am going to call her tomorrow. Did she ask anything about the vin being shorter? How did you explain what kind of car it was? Every time I try to explain they keep asking me "is it compared to a maxima" No clue why. Then when I say the vin they say its to short and not in there system. Please let me know asap! pm me please! thanks
    Heart rate 160, I'm goin 260, RB26 run me past you in a jiffy

GT-R

O O SKYLINE O O

Comment

• Originally posted by theDOM View Post
      the insurance company i use for my skyline and family car is intact insurance..try giving them a call

Intact says they do not insure Right Hand Drive vehicles. Corey Im waiting for allstate to call me back with a quot. Hopefully its good!
      Heart rate 160, I'm goin 260, RB26 run me past you in a jiffy

GT-R

O O SKYLINE O O

Comment

• called Mass insurance friday and got a quote with in a few hours
        im single .... had my G for 6 -7 years ... live in mississauga ... no accidents, claims or tickets ... and im 26
        i got quoted roughly 180 a month for liability only on a 92 GTR

Call Brian ext. 318 let him know Matt Parro give you his contact

Mass Insurance Brokers Limited
        550 Matheson Blvd West Suite 111
        Mississauga ON, L5R4B8
        phone: 905-507-9600
        toll free: 800-663-6277
        fax: 905-507-9604

email: info@massinsure.com

they are at mclaughlin and matheson

Comment

• doc,
          Try my girl. I am pretty much in the same boat as you and mass quoted me roughly the same. Then the girl in London did it for around half as much.

It's worth a call in my opinion.
          1992 Nissan Skyline GT-R - For Sale http://forums.gtrcanada.com/cars-sale/42338-92-gt-r-sale-kitchener.html

Comment

doc,
            Try my girl. I am pretty much in the same boat as you and mass quoted me roughly the same. Then the girl in London did it for around half as much.

Hey Man,
            Tried your contact there. She seemed to be FANTASTIC, I said I would like the new 91 GT-R iam buying insured and as well as condo insurance. She is getting back to me with a quote! Lets see how this goes *crosses fingers*

Comment

I just found a wonderful woman who will insure RHD vehicles on a case by case scenario. Her name is Urszula and she is based out Allstate in London,ON. Her phone is 519-672-8000 and her email is umochalski@allstate.ca Tell her that Corey sent you and you should be on your way.

But she wanted to make it clear that it's not guaranteed. But she will help the best she can. She saved me a bunch of money.
              Talks to her the other day, she got some quotes for me ... non of them were under 10,000 dollars haha, all because of my novice driver ticket I got two years ago ...
              Oakville Skyline owner, of 1989 GTS-T 4 Door.

Comment

• Originally posted by FastPAt View Post
                Talks to her the other day, she got some quotes for me ... non of them were under 10,000 dollars haha, all because of my novice driver ticket I got two years ago ...
                That is a ton of cash, I am paying around $2400 a year for two RHD vehicles. And I had an accident three years ago. Have you found that amount everywhere or just with her?
                1992 Nissan Skyline GT-R - For Sale http://forums.gtrcanada.com/cars-sale/42338-92-gt-r-sale-kitchener.html

Comment

• Originally posted by Revv10K
                  That is a ton of cash, I am paying around $2400 a year for two RHD vehicles. And I had an accident three years ago. Have you found that amount everywhere or just with her?
                  Just started looking, and she is looking at some other places for me as well.
                  It's all because of a 'novice driver offence' I have on my record that I got 2 years ago, for some reason they take all offences that happend when you were a novice driver as alcohol related, soooo yea I guess someone who doesn't drink at all is a hazard to society.

I will keep looking around. Or just wait another year and a half for this tainted scar I have on my record that screwed my life over to pass.
                  Oakville Skyline owner, of 1989 GTS-T 4 Door.

Comment

• I'm on the hunt for insurance now, what do you guys reccommend? I'm 20, GTR, clean record G2 (will probably get my G before I get insurance). I actually have a RHD AE86 on a policy with Desjardins (Certas I think?) and don't want to fubar that up. I actually just switched between my vehicles and un-insured the AE86, I hope they let me re-insure it. I don't see what all the trouble is with RHD? I have had my AE86 insured fine with all-state and desjardins in the past few years with no problem.
                    1986 Toyota Trueno GTV
                    1987 Toyota Corolla GTSR5
                    1988 BMW M3
                    1988 BMW 325iX
                    1990 Nissan Skyline GTR
                    1991 BMW 318is
                    1996 Dodge Ram 3500
                    2000 BMW 323Ci
                    2003 Derbi GPR50R

Comment

• Originally posted by carthik View Post
                      I'm on the hunt for insurance now, what do you guys reccommend? I'm 20, GTR, clean record G2 (will probably get my G before I get insurance). I actually have a RHD AE86 on a policy with Desjardins (Certas I think?) and don't want to fubar that up. I actually just switched between my vehicles and un-insured the AE86, I hope they let me re-insure it. I don't see what all the trouble is with RHD? I have had my AE86 insured fine with all-state and desjardins in the past few years with no problem.
                      its been within the last few months that the sudden rush of cancelled policies has hit. I hope this downward trend doesnt gain steam.

edit: and 20 with a GTR and eight six...unrrreal my friend, pics?
                      Victory is on the horizon..

Comment

doc,

Thanks for the tip man. I just got off the phone and she seems very helpful and knowledgeable about Skylines (probably because she gets 10 calls a day about skylines lol).

The address on my license is in North York, but because I'm living in Borden she's going to get a cheaper rate for me. She's going to contact Right Drive tomorrow to get the VIN and take it from there. She also mentioned that it was a case by case basis. Clean record, full G, 23 yrs old. I'll let you guys know what happens.

Comment

• Originally posted by louis110 View Post
                          Thanks for the tip man. I just got off the phone and she seems very helpful and knowledgeable about Skylines (probably because she gets 10 calls a day about skylines lol).

The address on my license is in North York, but because I'm living in Borden she's going to get a cheaper rate for me. She's going to contact Right Drive tomorrow to get the VIN and take it from there. She also mentioned that it was a case by case basis. Clean record, full G, 23 yrs old. I'll let you guys know what happens.
                          Dont worry, your pretty much good to go! I was in the same situation as you a little while back and I have a ticket. same age, G, so on, and I got my GT-R on the road within a day! You might need to get the car appraised though so be ready for that.
                          1991 Silver Skyline R32 GT-R - SOLD You will be sorely missed girl :'(

Comment

• What's the approximate cost for an appraisal?

Comment

• Get it from Right Drive

I emailed her too, I want to see if she can beat my current rates (which I hope she can lol...still feel like I'm getting ripped off).
                              93 R33 GTST - DD
                              97 Legacy GT Sedan - RIP
                              2000 Buick LeSabre -RIP

Comment

• Originally posted by louis110 View Post
                                What's the approximate cost for an appraisal?
                                I don't know to be perfectly honest. Luckily, when I bought the car, the previous owner had JUST had it appraised and had all the paper work. Appraisals are good for one year from the date of the appraisal.
                                1991 Silver Skyline R32 GT-R - SOLD You will be sorely missed girl :'(

Comment

Working...
                                X