Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• $452 and 28? That's disgusting. What do you have on your record?
    Brendan : Union Autoclub
    '01 Audi A4 quattro - daily
    '90 240SX Coupe - RB25
    I had a Skyline once.

Comment

• State Farm is dropping my incurance as of august ... they seem to think a $100 ticket I got over a year ago makes me a hazard to society. Thing is too, it was a novice driver offence, and I have since gotten my G, and i have no speeding or reckless driving tickets.
      I think it's a ploy to just drop my RHD vehicle ... so now I need to find a new insurance company.
      Oakville Skyline owner, of 1989 GTS-T 4 Door.

Comment

• silverwheels lant ins co newmarket area thay r located
        1990 nissan skyline gtr r32 - weekend driver
        2003 Cadillac Deville DHS - Daily Driver

Comment

• **** eh, looks like insurance is becoming harder to find than the cars themselves...

Someone said Allstate in ontatio will? my moms been with them for years, so hopefully when i go to insure i can work something out.
          Victory is on the horizon..

Comment

• I'm with co-operators... My broker is also hot haha
            Dang! You got shocks, pegs... Lucky! You ever take it off any sweet jumps?

Comment

• anyone got a good insurer in the mississauga area? im desperately trying to get driving in the next few days and all i keep getting is rates that cost more than the damn car... is any place that does it without the appraisal?
              | O - O ) S K Y L I N E ( O - O |
              I used to do drugs, I still do but I used to too.

Comment

• tried looking for more than a week.. absolutely nothing... looks like my GTR's gotta go.
                | O - O ) S K Y L I N E ( O - O |
                I used to do drugs, I still do but I used to too.

Comment

• Keep trying man. Thats all I gotta say. You will eventually find one, don't just give up your Skyline! You will deeply regret it, trust me.

Try to insure the car like you would with a classic car just for the summer instead of getting full coverage, at least you can drive it some times and not at all.
                  I can't even get insured anymore cuz of one ticket and state farm labeling me as a hazard to society, so I'm sure you can do it.
                  Oakville Skyline owner, of 1989 GTS-T 4 Door.

Comment

• I went to a state farm in town and he said although they couldnt insure me he could go through facility for all their high risk stuff. I think its called Nordique or something based in New Brunswick.

I'm paying 123.77 a month for the GTR. I'm 23 with 1 ticket (improper seatbelt) The only thing that they needed was an apprasial so they knew the value. I have mine for 7000. If anyone in the ottawa area needs an apprasial I can give you the number of the guy that did mine. He'll come to you in general and if 2 or 3 people go at once he'll give a group rate.

Hope this helps someone.. Its getting pretty retarded to get insurance

Comment

• Originally posted by Sneetches View Post
                      I went to a state farm in town and he said although they couldnt insure me he could go through facility for all their high risk stuff. I think its called Nordique or something based in New Brunswick.

I'm paying 123.77 a month for the GTR. I'm 23 with 1 ticket (improper seatbelt) The only thing that they needed was an apprasial so they knew the value. I have mine for 7000. If anyone in the ottawa area needs an apprasial I can give you the number of the guy that did mine. He'll come to you in general and if 2 or 3 people go at once he'll give a group rate.

Hope this helps someone.. Its getting pretty retarded to get insurance
                      Do you have a website/phone number for Nordique? I'm in the Ottawa area too and shopping around for insurance.

Comment

• I went through a state farm broker. I think you have to go through one to get on with them.

His names Jeff Julian and his number is 613 257 2886 He's insured my GTR a GTS-T and a rhd RX-7 he's in Carleton Place just outside of Ottawa. By far the best broker I've ever dealt with and I know he can help anyone out looking to insure their car. If he asks say James reffered you.

Comment

• hey guys, I'm with Statefarm and when i called my agent she quoted me at about $220/month under my mom's name! myself would be $268 and that's just liability..i'm 25, clean record, no accidents or anything...

she said that is a rough estimate she based on it being RHD and the "value" of the car brand new, which I said was about $15000 back in 93. She has never done a RHD vehicle...she said it'll be different once I register it and give them the copy of the registration with VIN number, they'll send it to their head office and then I will get adjusted accordingly...so we'll have to see...she was asking questions like "what is the equivalent model in Canada? what car would have replaced it in canada?"
                          R33 GTS-25T

Comment

• Originally posted by ck_chino View Post
                            just picked up a 94 gtr, looking for insurance and have called 2 places
                            ny insurance from the right drive site and wawanesa, both insurance companies are saying that they want an appraisal done to the vehicle. what im worried about is the appraiser saying that i have after market exhaust and then it would be written up as modified thus they will not even begin to provide coverage.

so what do i do? how did you guys get around this?
                            i have these guys too but for my buick century (wawanesa) thay wouldnt insur my gtr so i hade to go with custom wheels plan(http://www.lant-ins.ca/)
                            the silverwheels plan -is for non modded classic cars
                            the customwheels plan -is for modded classic cars
                            i pay $750 a yr for my gtr but it also not my daily driver it my weekend car
                            1990 nissan skyline gtr r32 - weekend driver
                            2003 Cadillac Deville DHS - Daily Driver

Comment

• Hi All,

New R33 GTS-T owner in Oakville, and going through the insurance process. I have a clean record and am 39 yrs old, and have been declined at Aviva Pilot, RBC, and Co-Operators so far. RBC was also asking for the original Vehicle Importation form, before they eventually just said 'no'. I had the brokers actually read the underwriter's rules and confirmed that they would not insure RHD vehicles.

Also talked with Transport Canada and Insurance Bureau of Canada to learn how it works, to make sure the underwriters who were denying the coverage were in fact following their own rules. Each underwriter submits a "rulebook" to IBC stating what they will, and will not insure. If this is approved by IBC, then those are the rules they follow. This gets updated twice yearly, so changes can come relatively fast, and don't need to be publicized.

Haven't heard back from my local State Farm agent yet, but will probably end up going with Facility, which is expensive even with my record and risk rating :-(
                              '93 R33 Gts25T Inked Art Car - SOLD

See the Sharpie makeover, and other inked cars from around the world
                              at www.inkedartcars.com

Comment

• Originally posted by johnnyjohnny View Post
                                Hi All,

New R33 GTS-T owner in Oakville, and going through the insurance process. I have a clean record and am 39 yrs old, and have been declined at Aviva Pilot, RBC, and Co-Operators so far. RBC was also asking for the original Vehicle Importation form, before they eventually just said 'no'. I had the brokers actually read the underwriter's rules and confirmed that they would not insure RHD vehicles.

Also talked with Transport Canada and Insurance Bureau of Canada to learn how it works, to make sure the underwriters who were denying the coverage were in fact following their own rules. Each underwriter submits a "rulebook" to IBC stating what they will, and will not insure. If this is approved by IBC, then those are the rules they follow. This gets updated twice yearly, so changes can come relatively fast, and don't need to be publicized.

Haven't heard back from my local State Farm agent yet, but will probably end up going with Facility, which is expensive even with my record and risk rating :-(
                                hey if u dont want to go with facility yet, my all state agent says they insure RHD.
                                pm for their info

Comment

Working...
                                X