Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• O.K. so she got back to me with a quote today. For full coverage, it costs about $2100/yr, which comes out to about $175/mo. If she used my North York address it would have jumped to $2800/yr.

Freaking amazing rate considering I was paying $120/mo for my '95 Ford Explorer for liability only. I was expecting to pay $300/mo for the GTR. She sent it up to get approved but she said there's no reason why I shouldn't get it.

Comment

• I know who Im calling this fall...
      Victory is on the horizon..

Comment

• Originally posted by louis110 View Post
        O.K. so she got back to me with a quote today. For full coverage, it costs about $2100/yr, which comes out to about $175/mo. If she used my North York address it would have jumped to $2800/yr.

Freaking amazing rate considering I was paying $120/mo for my '95 Ford Explorer for liability only. I was expecting to pay $300/mo for the GTR. She sent it up to get approved but she said there's no reason why I shouldn't get it.
        This is the same rate iam paying and I have tickets!! Imagine that, shes a godsend!
        1991 Silver Skyline R32 GT-R - SOLD You will be sorely missed girl :'(

Comment

• I just need to get back to her with a few details for my quote. Im paying 360 right now (Clean with a G! – thats what you get when you need insurance now) Hopefully she waves her magic wand for me too!
          93 R33 GTST - DD
          97 Legacy GT Sedan - RIP
          2000 Buick LeSabre -RIP

Comment

• I had excellent luck with brokers through AXA insurance in ontario. Just throwing it out there if anyone is having issues with these other companys

Comment

• Yeah, my insurance is cutting in half!

Thanks for the link to Urszula all.
              93 R33 GTST - DD
              97 Legacy GT Sedan - RIP
              2000 Buick LeSabre -RIP

Comment

• i have a r33 skyline, i was paying $76 a month, then my insurance company wanted an appraisal done so i did and they got back to me i still have full coverage and i'm now paying $86/month and i live in ottawa

Comment

• Hmmm, its very interesting to see the range of prices for Skyline insurance.

My insurance agent is saying that my Skyline will be insured on the appraisal value, is this how most of you insured?

If so it may be a good idea to list appraisal value as well when posting insurance rates.

Anyone have thoughts on the template below for future posts?
                  Model: (GTR, GTS, etc.)
                  Tickets:
                  Appraisal Value:
                  Price:
                  1994 R32 GT-R V-Spec II

Originally posted by aN4rk1
                  Like frig, is it really that hard to spell properly on the "internetz"?? I don't know whether these guys just choose to spell like that or don't know HOW to spell...either way...WTF?

Comment

• Originally posted by Nismoist View Post
                    Hmmm, its very interesting to see the range of prices for Skyline insurance.

My insurance agent is saying that my Skyline will be insured on the appraisal value, is this how most of you insured?

If so it may be a good idea to list appraisal value as well when posting insurance rates.

Anyone have thoughts on the template below for future posts?
                    Model: (GTR, GTS, etc.)
                    Tickets:
                    Appraisal Value:
                    Price:
                    i had to get an appraisal too & i pay

Model: (R32 GTR)
                    Licence: (G)
                    Tickets:N/A
                    Appraisal Value:30,000
                    Price: $51 month
                    ins company: http://www.lant-ins.ca/custom_wheel_plan.php
                    1990 nissan skyline gtr r32 - weekend driver
                    2003 Cadillac Deville DHS - Daily Driver

Comment

• Model: R32 GT-R
                      Licence: G
                      Tickets: 1 Speeding (129 in 100 Zone)
                      Appraisal Value:13,500
                      Price: $190/month
                      Company: Allstate

Comment

• Model: R33 GTS-T
                        Licence: G
                        Tickets:
                        Appraisal Value:14000
                        Price: $180/month
                        93 R33 GTST - DD
                        97 Legacy GT Sedan - RIP
                        2000 Buick LeSabre -RIP

Comment

• Thanks for all the info guys!

I realized last night that I forgot the most important thing, what insurance company? So the updated template is:

Model:
                          Tickets:
                          Appraisal Value:
                          Price:
                          Insurance Company:

My broker is currently fighting with my insurance company to get me insured, the underwriter is saying that this is a highly modified race car, not insurable etc. This doesnt make sense because the car is bone stock, I have a clean record, I am 28, and I have been with them since I got my licence.

Hopefully I will have an update later today.
                          1994 R32 GT-R V-Spec II

Like frig, is it really that hard to spell properly on the "internetz"?? I don't know whether these guys just choose to spell like that or don't know HOW to spell...either way...WTF?

Comment

• Originally posted by Nismoist View Post
                            Thanks for all the info guys!
                            My broker is currently fighting with my insurance company to get me insured, the underwriter is saying that this is a highly modified race car, not insurable etc. This doesnt make sense because the car is bone stock, I have a clean record, I am 28, and I have been with them since I got my licence.

Hopefully I will have an update later today.
                            Who is this with?

Comment

• Originally posted by aN4rk1 View Post
                              Who is this with?
                              My insurance company is Dominion of Canada Insurance, according to my broker they have flat out said no even though they gave me quote less than a year ago for a Skyline GTR.

My broker said this is especially bad news because Dominion is one of the most likely to insure you. She said that she called a number of places and no luck, she is down to Royal Facility at this point. She is going to get me a quote but if it is Facility it will be high.

I am going to go back in this thread a little bit and run down some leads. I will let you all know which companies/brokers I look into and what they say.
                              1994 R32 GT-R V-Spec II

Comment

• I just switched from Facility to Allstate, saving half of what I was paying with Facility but if you need insurance, it kinda handcuffs you.

Just keep looking, and good luck.
                                93 R33 GTST - DD
                                97 Legacy GT Sedan - RIP
                                2000 Buick LeSabre -RIP

Comment

Working...
                                X