This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Nexsys View Post
    Well, i managed to get a quote for insurance that decent, $150/mo, or $1800/yr, if anyone would like the contact info let me know

Model: 91 R32 GT-R
    Licence: G2
    Tickets: 0 Perfect Record
    Appraisal Value: $14,500
    Price: $150/month
    Company: PM ME!

Now all i have to do is fix my lights, get it safety tested, and i can get my insurance going, then the joys of plating the car and thinking of something funny to put on the plate...

Model: 92 R32 GT-R
    License: GM
    Tickets: 0 Perfect Record
    Appraisal Value: $12,000
    Price: $78/month

Ahh, the benefits of being an old fart!

Also, it's a major Ontario/US company (not someone you've never heard of!)

Comment

• no luck here..i have a parked gtr for a month now... =(

Comment

• bummer dude, if you don't mind me asking, whats your current hurdle w/insurance?
        93 R33 GTST - DD
        97 Legacy GT Sedan - RIP
        2000 Buick LeSabre -RIP

Comment

• i cant get a quote from anyone..i have money and a gtr but no quotes..clean record im 25..called every number on this thread..but they keep saying they dont do gtr's anymore..so yeah..help?

Comment

• What about Urzula with Allstate? She has insured a bunch of people on here recently.
            1994 R32 GT-R V-Spec II

Originally posted by aN4rk1
            Like frig, is it really that hard to spell properly on the "internetz"?? I don't know whether these guys just choose to spell like that or don't know HOW to spell...either way...WTF?

Comment

• I realized I never posted my insurance story so here it goes (for my 100th post)

Model: 94 R32 GT-R VSpec II
              Mods: Virtually stock (exhaust upgraded)
              License: F
              Tickets: Perfect Record
              Appraisal Value: $30,000
              Price: $1,800/year (I went for some additional coverage that upped it to $2,000)

So I called my long time insurance agent and asked for a quote, she went to Dominion and they said no, 10 months earlier it was no problem. Dominion said that the Skyline was designed for racing and wasnt insurable. She called around to every other insurance lead she had (except facility) and no one would insure it. She didnt think anyone would insure it except facility but I didnt want to pay their rates.

Based upon this and the recommendations of a few on the forum I decided to contact Urzula from Allstate. She was very helpful and provided me a good quote. I was ready to switch but I decided I should call my Dad since the brokerage firm is one of his clients and I was going to change my condo insurance to Allstate as well. He asked me to wait a day so that he could contact the President of the brokerage firm to let him know. The President said no way in hell are they going to deny this and called and gave Dominion crap until they agreed to insure me.

Long story short if you are a long term client of an insurance company yell and complain as far up the chain as you can and you might get somewhere.
              1994 R32 GT-R V-Spec II

Like frig, is it really that hard to spell properly on the "internetz"?? I don't know whether these guys just choose to spell like that or don't know HOW to spell...either way...WTF?

Comment

• yeah i called urzula again yesterday and i BEGGED for her help and she said they cant take anymore skylines..she said she was gonna pass my info to another girl that will call me back..she never did...blahhh... yeah , i called everyone on this thread, i begged, asked for help but ive never tried yelling..mybe i'll try that..

off topic but when you get safety and emissions, how long is that good for??? cuz i did mine like a month ago..wondering if its still valid..

i'll try for one more month and if i still cant get a quote i guess i'll sell my skyline...anyone knows who wants to buy a r33??lol

Comment

• Safety should be good for you now, unless you get a request for a Vehicle Inspection from a cop. Only need to do it if ownership transfers, I believe. Emissions is... every few years? :S Not sure on that one. Sucks about your car, man!
                  Originally posted by kengeroo
                  that's what I thought when I opened the package..
                  ...don't drink and ebay
                  '03 Ford Mustang

Comment

• yeah i called Brister Insurance Broker out of Prescott ON..they can only do facility..and they want $4000 premium.ouch

Comment

• Originally posted by Nismoist View Post
                      I realized I never posted my insurance story so here it goes (for my 100th post)

Model: 94 R32 GT-R VSpec II
                      Mods: Virtually stock (exhaust upgraded)
                      License: F
                      Tickets: Perfect Record
                      Appraisal Value: $30,000
                      Price: $1,800/year (I went for some additional coverage that upped it to $2,000)

So I called my long time insurance agent and asked for a quote, she went to Dominion and they said no, 10 months earlier it was no problem. Dominion said that the Skyline was designed for racing and wasnt insurable. She called around to every other insurance lead she had (except facility) and no one would insure it. She didnt think anyone would insure it except facility but I didnt want to pay their rates.

Based upon this and the recommendations of a few on the forum I decided to contact Urzula from Allstate. She was very helpful and provided me a good quote. I was ready to switch but I decided I should call my Dad since the brokerage firm is one of his clients and I was going to change my condo insurance to Allstate as well. He asked me to wait a day so that he could contact the President of the brokerage firm to let him know. The President said no way in hell are they going to deny this and called and gave Dominion crap until they agreed to insure me.

Long story short if you are a long term client of an insurance company yell and complain as far up the chain as you can and you might get somewhere.
                      Brent....how do you have a F class licesense?? LOL
                      1991 Silver Skyline R32 GT-R - SOLD You will be sorely missed girl :'(

Comment

• Originally posted by JVizZLe View Post
                        yeah i called Brister Insurance Broker out of Prescott ON..they can only do facility..and they want $4000 premium.ouch
                        I was paying 4400 til I lucked out, I know the pain. If you were planning on parking it for the winter, you might as well consider reaching out again in Jan/Feb, might have better luck.

It would be a shame to have to get rid of her, just because you haven't found the right insurance company yet.
                        93 R33 GTST - DD
                        97 Legacy GT Sedan - RIP
                        2000 Buick LeSabre -RIP

Comment

• Originally posted by aN4rk1 View Post
                          Brent....how do you have a F class licesense?? LOL
                          Random thing to have I know but I needed to drive a 15 passenger van for a university field course in Texas. I have maintained it because it is useful now and then.
                          1994 R32 GT-R V-Spec II

Comment

• Originally posted by Nismoist View Post
                            Random thing to have I know but I needed to drive a 15 passenger van for a university field course in Texas. I have maintained it because it is useful now and then.
                            Oh wow ok. Good stuff.
                            1991 Silver Skyline R32 GT-R - SOLD You will be sorely missed girl :'(

Comment

• Good to know if we ever need someone to drive an ambulance haha (pretty neat to have).
                              93 R33 GTST - DD
                              97 Legacy GT Sedan - RIP
                              2000 Buick LeSabre -RIP

Comment

• I already insure a volvo with certas and my skyline is arriving sometime in oct.
                                I know I need a appraisal but it sound like there willing to insure me.
                                When it arrives I post the results

Comment

Working...
                                X