X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• let me know how it goes..i'll try to hop on that boat with you

Comment

• Originally posted by M-type View Post
      I already insure a volvo with certas and my skyline is arriving sometime in oct.
      I know I need a appraisal but it sound like there willing to insure me.
      When it arrives I post the results
      As I stated previously Dominion was willing to insure me when I got a quote 8 or 10 months earlier. Be prepared to fight to get it insured. If I were you I would start calling around for actual quotes based on appraisal price and RHD a few weeks before it is scheduled to arrive, you will want a head start so that you can drive your car soon after it arrives.
      1994 R32 GT-R V-Spec II

Originally posted by aN4rk1
      Like frig, is it really that hard to spell properly on the "internetz"?? I don't know whether these guys just choose to spell like that or don't know HOW to spell...either way...WTF?

Comment

• thats very true what nismoist said..i should have done the quotes b4 i bought my r33..i thought it be expensive on insurance but i didnt know it would be hard to get a quote..out of 60 brokers i called only 3 helped me..one quote was $11k a year, the other 2 was $4100...even though im 25 with a clean record they could only insure me through facility....no one wants to insure rhd anymore..even urzula from all state said she insured them just couple months ago and now they cant...same as other companies..urzulas friend um jonny i think her name was, she said just 2 weeks ago they insure them, not anymore..and i just called yesterday..now i think i have no choice but to pay the $350 a month...dont redo my mistake..shop early..and if u got a quote long time ago, it probably change by now.. and if u do get a nice quote, PLS HOOK ME UP

Comment

• oh this isn't good at all. Urszula gave me the O.K. on an insurance policy months ago, problem is I'm still waiting for the car to get here. If their policy has changed, this means she can re-neg on the policy she quoted me initially. I'm surprised she hasn't contacted me regarding this.

This with the addition of a recent speeding ticket I just paid, and two pending tickets I got in Quebec almost 2 years ago, it looks like I'm in hot water. If the car came on time, I wouldn't have any of these problems.

Comment

• Originally posted by louis110 View Post
            oh this isn't good at all. Urszula gave me the O.K. on an insurance policy months ago, problem is I'm still waiting for the car to get here. If their policy has changed, this means she can re-neg on the policy she quoted me initially. I'm surprised she hasn't contacted me regarding this.

This with the addition of a recent speeding ticket I just paid, and two pending tickets I got in Quebec almost 2 years ago, it looks like I'm in hot water. If the car came on time, I wouldn't have any of these problems.
            You may still be ok, from my memory quotes are guaranteed for several months but I cant remember exactly how many, I would give Urzula a call and see what she says you might still be ok.

When was your car supposed to arrive?
            1994 R32 GT-R V-Spec II

Originally posted by aN4rk1
            Like frig, is it really that hard to spell properly on the "internetz"?? I don't know whether these guys just choose to spell like that or don't know HOW to spell...either way...WTF?

Comment

• So what's the new equivelant to an urzula policy these days?
              Victory is on the horizon..

Comment

• Originally posted by Oakville View Post
                So what's the new equivelant to an urzula policy these days?
                i would have to say urzula's friend jozzy boury, she's nice too..shes helping me right now..she quoted my r33 for 4100 a year, i was going to take that and insure my car yesterday since i cant wait anymore and i want to drive it soooo bad..but when i called jozzy she said she's working on something with a company she knows. she said the company will contact her next week regarding insuring my r33 and integra gsr for around the same price ($4100)...so all i can do is wait since she might be able to insure 2 cars for the price of one...and the best part is its not facility...so right now im crossing my fingers..

if your with statefarm for more than 6 months your lucky, cuz if you are with them and you buy a skyline, they will insure it they said...but they wont insure you if your not with them and you buy a skyline then ask them for a quote...

if jozzy cant get that deal for me, i would have to say i will transfer my acura insurance to statefarm, and when winter is done, move the skyline with them...wish me luck

Comment

• I've been with allstate since day one....I just got a wonderful idea. Mom registers the car under a collector/silver wheels policy...
                  Victory is on the horizon..

Comment

• Originally posted by Oakville View Post
                    I've been with allstate since day one....I just got a wonderful idea. Mom registers the car under a collector/silver wheels policy...
                    That would be a good idea, but nobody with under 10 yrs of driving can even DRIVE the car, regardless of the registered owner/insured person. (At least with Silver wheel, other collector policies may differ)
                    Sorry Ryan.

And to gtrbubba, that re-vin post is a couple years old. That used to work fine.

The problem now is what the companies are doing is applying for the right to refuse RHD in general, it's not just Skylines.
                    The only answer I can't get is to WHY. If it's a claims thing, the compaines should just charge a little more. People are going to claim for less damage because of the value of these things to thier owners.
                    If it's a liability thing, same deal just charge a premium. I don't get why they just straight up refuse them.
                    (IMO they're safer than motorcycles, which have a bigger learning curve to drive than RHD)
                    One day a company with brains will make some serious dough off this. I took my whole policy (house, boat, and 2 vehicles) over to Gore Mutual when they said they would insure my Pajero. They're making $325/month off me just because they insured my RHD.
                    Now my broker says a filing is coming with Gore in the near future. No reason given.
                    These companies are just plain stupid. Lose $4k a year off one customer for no good reason.

This situation is getting rediculous. Keep posting your finds guys.

Rick
                    '89 GTST - SOLD
                    '92 GTR
                    '94 Mitsubishi Pajero 2.8TD LWB
                    '12 Mazda3 Sport Skyactiv

Comment

• Originally posted by Nismoist View Post
                      You may still be ok, from my memory quotes are guaranteed for several months but I cant remember exactly how many, I would give Urzula a call and see what she says you might still be ok.

When was your car supposed to arrive?
                      Ordered the car beginning of May, ETA was July 3rd. Car still hasn't reached Vancouver yet.

Comment

• Originally posted by RR32GTRR View Post
                        Tried all the insurance companies out there. I found ING to be most reasonable. Im paying 140 for full covarage and they know about ALL THE MODS. I Do have a G35X on the policy too bust suprisingly they are raping me harder for the Infiniti as it is "a Luxury Sedan".

You will need an appraisal.
                        Some pics of your car.
                        And a list of similar cars for sale.
                        Hey just news for all you guys out there i'm 20 with one accident( doesn't matter/not relevent to you guys) but i called ing and they are no longer in canada so if your currently insured with them don't cancel your insurance because they are now Intact insurance and they DON'T insure right hand drive vehicles anymore as of the day i found this out sept.28 2010. so be carefull with right hand drive now it's becoming annoyign in ontario to have insurance on RHD's as i'm desperately hunting for insurance right now so i can have my dream car. Ps. sorry to be the one postign this news.

Comment

• Hey, I'm currently searching for insurance for a skyline GTR and i called a bunch of brokers under dominion and they said they don't insure RHD Vehicles, i'm not 100% sure though on this fact if they just didn't want to quote me cause i'm 20 or if i mixed them up with some other company because I've called many places. A place that didn't hassle me but has to still get back to me is program insurance brokers LTD. and Desjardins (uses Certas Direct underwriting) both require an appraisal and state farm is expensive right now because they are at a loss according to an agent that i had called which is why the rates are so high with them right now.

Comment

• I'm currently searching for insurance as well. Question is...once you land a policy, can they boot you out when they want? Can they choose not to renew once the time comes.

What I'm getting at is, once you're in are we still just as vulnerable as those looking for insurance because we can be let go at any point?

Comment

• Yes, they can cancel your policy within a certain period of notice (3 months?). While researching insurance and talking with the IBAO and the BBB, they both indicated that an insurance company just needs to file an insurance specification with the board. This identifies what type of insurance they will grant (and what type they won't). As long as this is filed, they have the right to reject a policy request, or cancel an existing policy.
                              '93 R33 Gts25T Inked Art Car - SOLD

See the Sharpie makeover, and other inked cars from around the world
                              at www.inkedartcars.com

Comment

• ^wow. So even if you're insured, any day can be your last. I guess the bright side is that there is money to be made insuring rhd, so there will always be at least one company looking to insure. Just a matter finding them.

Comment

Working...
                                X