This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Insurance

I am with Allstate, they are amazing. I pay only like 1500 for the year, however i do have a spotless record with a G license and my rates will go down more this year when i turn 25.
    1991 BNR32 - SOLD (sigh...)

"Want pretty? Go order a Fairlady, want fast go grab a Skyline! "

Comment

Originally posted by shaz10 View Post
      I am with Allstate, they are amazing. I pay only like 1500 for the year, however i do have a spotless record with a G license and my rates will go down more this year when i turn 25.
      I called Allstate today and they said if the car was not made for a Canadian market they can't insure it. They said to call a broker. How did this fly man !?!?

gerrr insurance is a bitch. I called certas 2 days ago they said insuring my 180 isnt a problem, then I call back today and the woman said they dont insure the car, so I asked to speak with her manager, but unfortunately he leaves at 5:00, and it was 5:04 !!!

If anyone wants to post up some recent companies on here it would be appreciated.
      - K a t e ' says:
      thats so annoying how guys call there cars A GIRL haha im surprised you dont have a name for it
      - Jared -
      women arnt people...they dont need names. There like a plant.

Comment

Since I have a canadian VIN, I could probobly call a broker, but I don't really feel like paying $400+ a month.
        - K a t e ' says:
        thats so annoying how guys call there cars A GIRL haha im surprised you dont have a name for it
        - Jared -
        women arnt people...they dont need names. There like a plant.

Comment

hey just wondering when you get your car insured and get it upraised what happens if you dont have the stock rb20 and instead have the rb25, would that prevent you from getting the insurance from that company since its not stock or would they just requote you>???

Comment

Originally posted by V-Espr View Post
            hey just wondering when you get your car insured and get it upraised what happens if you dont have the stock rb20 and instead have the rb25, would that prevent you from getting the insurance from that company since its not stock or would they just requote you>???
            well if you are under a 19a policy then your insurance is based on your value of the car. if that value changes then let your insurance company know and they will adjust it accordingly.
            Tџяϊsмø

Comment

i was talking to gabe at JI about that engine swap. he said they look more to comepletely stock for originaity like in muscle cars. but you never know. you might get a lower quote because itsnot the original engine.

Comment

That could affect it yes, but its hit or miss if your car is modded to tits but you can afford insurance he can write likle decorative valve cover and so on will give you a cheap rate but if something happens u loose alot of money, the best bet is with insurance and the TC hatred for these cars we shouldnt be falsifying insurance required forms.
                You can't doubt the existance of hell when you live in it

Comment

Does anyone have any new info on any of this?

my brother bought one back in november, had it imported got all the paperwork everything is legit

the car is here right now in a garage, appraised, has the ownership(with the chassis number not an ontario vin), all the paperwork has been translated and has been calling everyone and anyone to get insurance and keeps getting sent to lant

currently he has a daily driver however the skyline is replacing that car... we dont have the driveway space for anymore vehicles so lant is out of the question as it will be used for commuting

currently ING and RBC still have to get back to him but it's looking grimm....

i dont think having the ontario vin will help as only 1 company has refused for that reason, mostly its cause its right hand drive or its not made for the canadian market

one ignorant company said its cause its modified cause its has twin turbos... after arguing that the car is stock and the appraisal clearly states the vehicle is stock he just hung up on them

every company mentioned in this thread no longer accepts this vehicle... has anyone gotten one of these vehicles in the last 6 months on the road?

the vehicle is a 90 gtr, its stock but does have aftermarket rims

is currently the only way to insure this vehicle is to have it 100% as a secondary "pleasure" car?

Comment

How about the company that currently insures the car he drives daily now ? As long as your already with them they cant discriminate because of the car you drive.
                    You can't doubt the existance of hell when you live in it

Comment

For ontario Re-vin:

you need to call
                      416-252-3441 and speak with Sheila. Ask her for a re-vin application.

Once you have filled out your application, and have paid the $450+gst fee, they will come out to your home to check the car out and begin to build a new vin number for you.

You pay first as they check the car out to see if it stolen or wanted by interpole.

After the inspection has been preformed, you will recieve a new ontario vin number a few weeks later.

this will help in insuring your car here as any insurance company can plop the vin into there system, because of this you will not have to deal with the underwriters(they're the ones who refuse to insure you).

Comment

the second he said skyline they refused almost immediately.... i'm sure theres rules that state they cant discriminate but is it really worth persuing...

the revin will be the next step if the current phone calls arent returned...ING came back and got some more info and is calling back tommorow.. i'm assuming that RBC is going to refuse as its been 2 days... i'll keep this post updated

theres no huge hurry to get the car on the road as we all know in the gta the weather has been piss... but to do anything with this car is nothing but phone calls(1000x) and delays.... i'm sure everyone already knows

Comment

i'll be watching for how this turn out as i will be soon in the same position, like next week. Thats if my current company falls through.
                          Tџяϊsмø

Comment

Ya and I can't WAIT for people to start using Lant when all else fails, then miss-using the policy and screwing that one up for us as well.....it will happen. Can't wait to get my letter....

That re-vin thing seems to be the best solution as of right now for those who want a daily driver..
                            '89 GTST - SOLD
                            '92 GTR
                            '94 Mitsubishi Pajero 2.8TD LWB
                            '12 Mazda3 Sport Skyactiv

Comment

Right now im getting shafted by Bel air direct for insurance on my WRX, do you think since im already with them, i can ask them for a quote for my GTR ?

since ill only be paying for like the good weather part of the year, im not to worried but finding someone for insurance specially with a rather well modded car like this i dunno how hard it will be...

Comment

i remember calling bel air in august 06 and as soon as i said RHD they so no. they didn't even care about why kind of car it was. Then again i didn't have any policy with them.
                                I think most companies want you to have a daily driver insured with them, it also give you some sort of a bargining chip. then get a 19a policy and you should be good to go.
                                Tџяϊsмø

Comment

Working...
                                X