Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• well, i can answer my question now.. after some research i've found a place that is very friendly towards insuring race vehicles and equipment/trailers..

HDF Insurance in Alberta. 1 800 567 2048. I talked to Doug, very good place to deal with.
    “When you are wrestling for possession of a sword, the man with the handle always wins.”

Comment

• Originally posted by feisar View Post
      well, i can answer my question now.. after some research i've found a place that is very friendly towards insuring race vehicles and equipment/trailers..

HDF Insurance in Alberta. 1 800 567 2048. I talked to Doug, very good place to deal with.

HDF Insurance will insure cars in Ontario?
      cars.. yea..

Comment

• I found insurance for my Skyline at Program Insurance Brokers. Talk to Lukus Shea about it. He was really helpful. My Skyline is Fully Covered and I am paying 4000/year. Not badddd I guess could be better. I pay almost that on my 240SX right now. Its affordable for me. I am 19 with my G2.

Comment

• sup guys

heres an update i found this site on another forum

they have the antique car policy and wen i putit under my fathers name my quote came to 269/month given that its appraised to $20,000 ***i'ev never used these guys if some wud call them and share their experience with the rest of us wud be helpful***

i also found another site that helps narrow down the searching process it a directory of insurance companies with their numbers:

(i ev narrowed down the link to Ontario but they seem to have a nation wide list.)

Comment

• Mississauga

Hey Guys,

I went with Cambridge Insurance Brokers out of Mississauga, and they quoted me through The Dominion of Canada Insurance. They will insure RHD. They gave me a very reasonable quote of 1500$ compared to a couple of other companies I tried all placing me well above the 2000$ mark.

If you need more info, let me know.

Jp

Side Note: They would only insure my car with something else, such as a secondary vehicle or condo insurance... i went with condo insurance for 240$ a year. Still ended up cheaper than the other companies I got quotes from.

Comment

• I thought State Farm was good, they quoted me 180 at first. That's how much I paid the first time, then it had gone down to 160. Now they're making up some ********, and billed me 260, it says the new premium is 213 for some reason, even though I had called them to put my insurance on hold with them because of winter. I'm 19, clean, no accidents or tickets (parking tickets yes :P)

Comment

• Originally posted by dm1133 View Post
                I thought State Farm was good, they quoted me 180 at first. That's how much I paid the first time, then it had gone down to 160. Now they're making up some ********, and billed me 260, it says the new premium is 213 for some reason, even though I had called them to put my insurance on hold with them because of winter. I'm 19, clean, no accidents or tickets (parking tickets yes :P)
                I've had nothing but pleasurable experience with state farm. I guess it depends on who your agent is. My rates seem to keep "magically" dropping slightly.

Comment

• I have mine with Facility. Before I had my single car accident I was paying $101.00 a month! That's $1212.00 a year! Now after wards I am still only paying $230.00 a month! $2760.00 a year? Still not horrible, but not great!
                  1990 GTR
                  aww crap, did you see that!

Comment

• Yeah I see that nate and I are having the same experience with state farm. My rates seem to drop randomly.
                    '12 STi Sedan

Comment

• can i get the number and name of ur agent i'm currently with state farm aswell but my rates are not as good.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bravo
                        I have mine with Facility. Before I had my single car accident I was paying $101.00 a month! That's $1212.00 a year! Now after wards I am still only paying $230.00 a month! $2760.00 a year? Still not horrible, but not great!
                        1990 GTR
                        name of agent/broker and number to them pleasee!!

also.. do these places cover for engine mods.. calling around. nobody really does..
                        i don't have a skyline. but im looking for insurance for a heavy mod. 240sx... some1 here said they found a company for that...

Comment

• Tried all the insurance companies out there. I found ING to be most reasonable. Im paying 140 for full covarage and they know about ALL THE MODS. I Do have a G35X on the policy too bust suprisingly they are raping me harder for the Infiniti as it is "a Luxury Sedan".

You will need an appraisal.
                          Some pics of your car.
                          And a list of similar cars for sale.
                          (O - O) S K Y L I N E (O - O)

1990 300zx- Rb25 swap in the future
                          1991 R32 coupe- Rb25 and a money pit.
                          2006 Porsche Cayman S- Im growing up.

Comment

• Originally posted by RR32GTRR View Post
                            Tried all the insurance companies out there. I found ING to be most reasonable. Im paying 140 for full covarage and they know about ALL THE MODS. I Do have a G35X on the policy too bust suprisingly they are raping me harder for the Infiniti as it is "a Luxury Sedan".

You will need an appraisal.
                            Some pics of your car.
                            And a list of similar cars for sale.
                            haha that reminds me, I used to pay OVER DOUBLE for basic liability on my old $1800 cavalier than I do for FULL coverage on the GTR. Gotta love the lack of statistics on the JDM cars.

Comment

• $516.........a month

Comment

• lol 1500/mth

09 gtr and 07 335i

Comment

Working...
                                X