Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just picked up 2 xxr 521's for my r32 gts. Specs are 18x10 +25 which are going on the rear. Test fitted them and they fit fine in the rear,but will definetly need some fender rolling. I tested them on the front and they did not clear the caliper. I'm planning on getting 18x8.5 for the front,but i am unsure of the offset i'm going to need and the size of wheel spacer if i possibly am going to need a set. They come in 2 offsets,25 and 35. Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

Comment

• If you can fit the +25 up front with a 5mm spacer to clear the brakes do that, if not do the +35 and maybe add a 5-10mm spacer. Either way it sounds like you will need spacers up front but not in the back.
      If you need a clutch safety switch or daytime running lights to pass inspection, pm me and I can tell you how to do it for free

1991 Skyline GTS-t 4 Door

Comment

• hey guys I'm planning on picking up some rota grids, 17x8 upfront and 17x9 in the back, what kind of offsets should I run. +35 upfront and +25 in the back? I'm not looking to go big, or aggressive, just trying to get a little stance and I would go with 205/45/17s upfront with 225/45/17 in the back, I think it'd look good with a little stretch :P
        Any input would be great thanks.

and to the guy who bought XXR 521s i used a 8m space and had to grind the Nissan off the callipers to just fit my 17s
        Last edited by Modb; 09-29-2013, 02:29 AM.
        Started rebuilding my skyline when i was 18
        1992 GTST RB25DET
        http://forums.gtrcanada.com/gts-project-cars/54849-saved-my-car-great-scrap-heap-sky-redo-my-first-car-thread.html
        Originally posted by Bravo
        PS My wife just told me I was shitting in your Cheerios!
        I'm sorry,
        Good luck!

Comment

• Rota's quality is questionable, if I could post pics on here easily I would post one of a Rota off a race car with the entire center section broken out of it. I admit some of them look nice and are inexpensive, if I recall correctly they are made in the Philippines, but if you are going to drive hard ??

Comment

• nope, car never sees the track. Just the odd race with my friends lol, and the price is the biggest factor because im a student. Im pretty much selling my XXR 521s to get them.
            1992 GTST RB25DET
            http://forums.gtrcanada.com/gts-project-cars/54849-saved-my-car-great-scrap-heap-sky-redo-my-first-car-thread.html
            I'm sorry,
            Good luck!

Comment

• Lol There's a bunch of pics of Rotas just like this,

I have Rotas, I drive it pretty hard, they are all still in one piece, I wouldn't be too concerned about it, guess if one breaks, 100 bucks will get u another

Comment

• exactly, but back to my original post 17x8 upfront and 17x9 in the back, what kind of offsets should I run. +35 upfront and +25 in the back? I'm not looking to go big, or aggressive, just trying to get a little stance and I would go with 205/45/17s upfront with 225/45/17 in the back, I think it'd look good with a little stretch :P
                Any input wheel fitment would be great thanks.
                1992 GTST RB25DET
                I'm sorry,
                Good luck!

Comment

• Those sizes would fit no problem. I think that stretch is probably spot on, just enough but nothing excessive, personally I run 215 and 245 with the same width wheels and it looks pretty decent. (not a fan of crazy stretch)
                  If you need a clutch safety switch or daytime running lights to pass inspection, pm me and I can tell you how to do it for free

Comment

• Originally posted by steveo1502 View Post

I have Rotas, I drive it pretty hard, they are all still in one piece, I wouldn't be too concerned about it, guess if one breaks, 100 bucks will get u another
                    Looks really good man! What size are they?

Comment

• Originally posted by supreme View Post
                      Those sizes would fit no problem. I think that stretch is probably spot on, just enough but nothing excessive, personally I run 215 and 245 with the same width wheels and it looks pretty decent. (not a fan of crazy stretch)
                      did you have to pull the backs to fit 245s?
                      1992 GTST RB25DET
                      I'm sorry,
                      Good luck!

Comment

• Originally posted by supreme View Post
                        Looks really good man! What size are they?
                        They are 18x9.5 +20 , super cheap... 400 bucks

Comment

• Originally posted by Modb View Post
                          did you have to pull the backs to fit 245s?
                          Not at all, im not super low tho. Also when i bought the car it had rolled rear fenders but tbh i wouldnt really need them at this point

pics related its my car

Originally posted by steveo1502 View Post
                          They are 18x9.5 +20 , super cheap... 400 bucks
                          Nice, I'll have to check it out. I also looking into buying mb battles which are about 600 picked up at the border. Did you buy used or new and where?
                          Last edited by supreme; 09-30-2013, 12:06 PM.

Comment

• Mine were used, mint shape though... Well they were , lol . Mb battles are real nice

Comment

• Yea, very aggressive looking and well priced, also have nice concave

Comment

• if your low a 245 wont fit at all without a pull. im going to be running a 225 next year and im pretty low. i could possibly tuck a 235 but going to need a slight pull for that
                                Check out Top Tier Imports. Sign up today! http://www.toptierimports.com
                                http://www.youtube.com/user/TopTierImports?feature=mhee

Comment

Working...
                                X