This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Nismo_line View Post
    well since this is the gts wheel fitment thread you might not get the answer your looking for.
    Oh my bad, I totally didn't realize...stupid quick links on the side
    The Few. The Proud. The ones with the Permagrin. The Skyline Owners.

1990 Nissan Skyline GT-R - see GTR Projects Thread
    2011 Subaru Impreza WRX STI (Sold)
    2000 Acura Integra Type R (Sold)
    1991 Nissan Skyline GTS-T (Sold)

Comment

• Been reading and researching and getting lots of mixed opinions... Due to fashion vs function debates.

I have a series 1 r33 gtst sedan daily driver. I have the OEM wheels wrapped in winter tires. But it's time to start looking for summer wheels.

I'm a function > fashion guy. I feel on a car this heavy I should have wheels that are 17x9 all around... I am also open to staggered 8" wide front, 9" wide rear.

I'm looking at used classic BBS and other older JDM wheels. Something to match the era of the car.

I currently have my eye on some Kakimoto 17x9's +34 offset for sale on these forums. Will these fit without fouling the suspension? Car is lowered a bit on stiff Tein suspension, but camber looks pretty neutral. The fenders are already rolled, so I'm mainly concerned about fouling suspension arms, ect.

Help / advice appreciated.

My car:

www.artpal.com/philbrick

Comment

• Originally posted by TheHire View Post
        Been reading and researching and getting lots of mixed opinions... Due to fashion vs function debates.

I have a series 1 r33 gtst sedan daily driver. I have the OEM wheels wrapped in winter tires. But it's time to start looking for summer wheels.

I'm a function > fashion guy. I feel on a car this heavy I should have wheels that are 17x9 all around... I am also open to staggered 8" wide front, 9" wide rear.

I'm looking at used classic BBS and other older JDM wheels. Something to match the era of the car.

I currently have my eye on some Kakimoto 17x9's +34 offset for sale on these forums. Will these fit without fouling the suspension? Car is lowered a bit on stiff Tein suspension, but camber looks pretty neutral. The fenders are already rolled, so I'm mainly concerned about fouling suspension arms, ect.

Help / advice appreciated.

My car:

So I found an offset calculater and the 17x9 +34 kakimotos. Will be about 1" wider toward the inside and 1.5" wider to the outside. Thankfully previous owner rolled the fenders cause it looks like they'll just fit within the arches. And 1" wider toward the inside shouldn't foul anything? It didn't look like it would contact anything.

If anyone can confirm or rebut my fitment impression... That would be appreciated.

Will I have any issuses clearing the brakes? Considering these wheels have a 2" lip.

Also I don't want stretched tires... Think 255/40/17 will be too wide, I've heard some track guys say that's a good width for function, I also read a few non-skyline owners say 255 rubs on the front.. Mustang guys swear by 275's on the rear, but that's way too wide for me. Is 245 too narrow, or unsafe on a 9" wheel?

Thanks.
        www.artpal.com/philbrick

Comment

• i think your putting too much though into it. buy nice wheels and fit the car to them.
          245 on a 9 is normal, i run 215/40 on a 9.5

17 x 9 +34 is pretty weak so i don't see why that wouldn't fit, i'm not familiar with r33 sedans though.
          Built R32 GTR, BW S362, 682awhp @ 28psi

Comment

• Originally posted by nick-nismo View Post
            i think your putting too much though into it. buy nice wheels and fit the car to them.
            245 on a 9 is normal, i run 215/40 on a 9.5

17 x 9 +34 is pretty weak so i don't see why that wouldn't fit, i'm not familiar with r33 sedans though.
            Thanks for the reply.

I'm coming from the Honda track scene, so stance is totally new to me. I know 17x9 isn't big per-se for the Sklyline, but there are some posts on-line claiming that GTR spec wheels don't fit on the GTST. And there are other posts that say they fit no problem. lol.
            www.artpal.com/philbrick

Comment

• i say get the rims and test fit them on the car without tires, then see how much room you have to work with and get the tire size accordingly.
              Built R32 GTR, BW S362, 682awhp @ 28psi

Comment

Thanks for the reply.

I'm coming from the Honda track scene, so stance is totally new to me. I know 17x9 isn't big per-se for the Sklyline, but there are some posts on-line claiming that GTR spec wheels don't fit on the GTST. And there are other posts that say they fit no problem. lol.
                If you're looking for a 17x9, http://forums.gtrcanada.com/parts-sa...ghtweight.html
                is a pretty good option for you...decent offset and in won't look too sunk.
                Last edited by Woodly; 02-19-2013, 01:21 AM.

Comment

• R33 GTS25T Sedan

Running Tires
                  Rims Work XS1

FRONTS 17x9.5 +16 offset TIRES 245/40/17
                  REARS 18x10.5 +15 offset TIRES 255/35/18

Currently only lowered with Nismo S-Tune suspension.. Picture above is only for how low it can go..

Comment

• Originally posted by flipridah17 View Post
                    R33 GTS25T Sedan

Running Tires
                    Rims Work XS1

FRONTS 17x9.5 +16 offset TIRES 245/40/17
                    REARS 18x10.5 +15 offset TIRES 255/35/18

Currently only lowered with Nismo S-Tune suspension.. Picture above is only for how low it can go..
                    You running lots of camber to fit those?

More pics of your car... Rim colour / car colour looks boss!

Originally posted by Woodly View Post
                    If you're looking for a 17x9, http://forums.gtrcanada.com/parts-sa...ghtweight.html
                    is a pretty good option for you...decent offset and in won't look too sunk.
                    I saw those wheels for sale. Nice! But not the style I'm looking for. Want a classic multi-piece.

I put 9" +22 into the offset calculator, an it says 50mm wider to the outside... I think I'd have to run some decent camber to fit those within the arches with how low I am.

Originally posted by nick-nismo View Post
                    i say get the rims and test fit them on the car without tires, then see how much room you have to work with and get the tire size accordingly.
                    Was thinking the same thing. Thanks.

I'm thinking to be as low as I am, fill the wells out, and keep a neutral daily driver friendly camber, I should be looking at +34 to +36 camber with the 17x9's.

Thanks for all the posts gents.
                    www.artpal.com/philbrick

Comment

I'm thinking to be as low as I am, fill the wells out, and keep a neutral daily driver friendly camber, I should be looking at +34 to +36 camber with the 17x9's.
                      what? +34 to +36 camber? those numbers are the wheel offset, http://forums.gtrcanada.com/gts-tech...explained.html, go have a read, stop over thinking, a 17x9 is an easy fit and a 225 will fit it perfect without strech considering i run a 215 on a 17x9, changing wheels wont mess-up your suspension, if your coming from the honda world and that is a main worry i would suggest never owning one again
                      TO GRIP OR NOT TO GRIP.... THAT IS THE QUESTION

Comment

I put 9" +22 into the offset calculator, an it says 50mm wider to the outside... I think I'd have to run some decent camber to fit those within the arches with how low I am.

Was thinking the same thing. Thanks.

Thanks for all the posts gents.
                        A 17x9 +22 and a 17x9 +34 is only a 12 mm difference, I think you may have misused the calculator...at any rate wheels are 100% preference and just depends on what you're after. (within reason)

Comment

• Originally posted by 92GTSTproject View Post
                          what? +34 to +36 camber? those numbers are the wheel offset, http://forums.gtrcanada.com/gts-tech...explained.html, go have a read, stop over thinking, a 17x9 is an easy fit and a 225 will fit it perfect without strech considering i run a 215 on a 17x9, changing wheels wont mess-up your suspension, if your coming from the honda world and that is a main worry i would suggest never owning one again
                          Ya that was a pretty obvious typo.... Meant to type off-set. Thanks for the link and reply though, especially the advice regarding tire width.

As far has the Honda thing goes.... I wish I still had that car. I invested $17,000 under the hood alone. Very few people ever get the privledge of daily driving a car that is that fast. But I do look forward to building the RB25det to the max of it's potential. It's a far better starting point than the Honda K20. So certainly understand where your coming from.

Originally posted by Woodly View Post
                          A 17x9 +22 and a 17x9 +34 is only a 12 mm difference, I think you may have misused the calculator...at any rate wheels are 100% preference and just depends on what you're after. (within reason)
                          12mm isn't much of a difference. But if +34 offset at 9" takes me right to the arches. So to get a +22 offset within the arches I would need to add some negative camber? I'd like to keep the alignment specs OEM at this point of my build.

As far as over-thinking things goes. I don't think that's possible when it comes to building a proper project car.

Thanks again for all the replies.
                          Last edited by TheHire; 02-21-2013, 10:09 PM.
                          www.artpal.com/philbrick

Comment

• Hey fitment experts, I need some help choosing tires!

I'm getting 17x9.5 +15 mb battles. I'm wondering what size tires I should run to avoid rub in the front and back. All fenders are rolled already, and car is lowered.

I'm thinking 245/40 for the rear. But I'm not sure what to do up front. 215? I'd like to avoid too much stretching, as it makes me iffy for hard cornering.

Thanks for any help, chaps!

Edit: Reading through I see a guy has got the battles in the same size. 215 seems a little too much stretch for me. I may just go 225/45 front and raise the car up a bit to avoid rubbing.
                            Last edited by Jezu21; 04-29-2013, 02:28 PM.

Comment

• Thanks for the info!

Do you have any pictures of those wheels fitted? Just so I can get an idea of what kind of room I'd be working with.

Comment

• depends on how low you go but i am running a 215 all the way around and with fenders rolled. i just clear in the front. I would do a 215 in front and 225 in rear.

This is rush's old gts with 9.5 mbs. check page 22 for specs
                                Last edited by Nismo_line; 04-29-2013, 07:34 PM.
                                Check out Top Tier Imports. Sign up today! http://www.toptierimports.com
                                http://www.youtube.com/user/TopTierImports?feature=mhee

Comment

Working...
                                X