This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BurlyR32 View Post
    Fender rolling is cheap. PM Manny at FTP, he has a fender roller now. Would probably require you to do it yourself though.
    bit of a tour from Winnipeg there andrew.

Comment

haha ya i was just about say that... i guess ill just keep calling around and see what an average price is. Thanks for the help though... and the new rims look good burly.

Comment

Well then... When you said you had steves car, I had no idea it even left the GTA.

And thanks for the ups. Wheels are fitting nicely, other than the tires howl like bastards above 70km/h. Like... headache bad. Looking for new ones as we speak.
        '12 STi Sedan

Comment

my turn!
          i have 17x8.5 +38 wheels..
          i had a set of 225/45/17 tires on there that were stretched a bit.
          its tire shopping time now...
          i want to go with as much contact patch as i can without rubbing. i am going to put the wheels with bald tires back on to check clearance and see how much i can, but what would you guys reccomend?
          a 245 or 255 would be nice...
          here is a pic of what i was running
          Just one step on my way to Eleventy Billion horsepower.
          --------------------------------

Comment

Originally posted by FunnyGas View Post
            my turn!
            i have 17x8.5 +38 wheels..
            i had a set of 225/45/17 tires on there that were stretched a bit.
            its tire shopping time now...
            i want to go with as much contact patch as i can without rubbing. i am going to put the wheels with bald tires back on to check clearance and see how much i can, but what would you guys reccomend?
            a 245 or 255 would be nice...
            here is a pic of what i was running
            Camber and some 25mm studded spacers and you are on the right track

Drop to a 235 though.
            '12 STi Sedan

Comment

well tires are on their way. 235/45/17 for the front, 245/45/17 for the back. after installation i will check the clearance and get spacers accordingly.
              as for the camber.. (as stated in another thread) i have 2deg front+back on the right side and 1.43 / 1.25 front+back on the left. should i get them to even it all out at 2 deg?
              Just one step on my way to Eleventy Billion horsepower.
              --------------------------------

Comment

anyone here have problems fitting 9.5 all around? debating on 18x9.5 +20 or 18x9 +20. Getting down to my final decision within the week...god that took long
                '85 Toyota ae86 - sold
                '91 Skyline GTS-4 - current DD

Comment

Funny:

I am running -2.25 front and -2.00 rear, 17x9 +20 on 235/40

You don't want to run too much out back or the car won't feel very secure on the road. Get the car aligned to some comfortable settings, then fit the fenders to the wheels. You don't want to force yourself to run shitty settings.

jmak:

Go with the 18x9.5. Mine isnt a very aggressive roll at all with the above spec'd wheels.
                  '12 STi Sedan

Comment

nah did a lil diagram drawing. I like your fitment with the advans. gonna go for 18x9 +20. 9.5 will stick out too much i think.
                    '85 Toyota ae86 - sold
                    '91 Skyline GTS-4 - current DD

Comment

• - 1990 R32 GTS-4 (HNR32)
                      - Work Emotion XT7 18x9.5 +12mm Bronze
                      - 225/45R18 Corsa

Rolled and pulled fenders..... 4.5inch drop.... (need another 1.5in to FULLY tuck! but i have these coilovers maxed out)

GTS4-R

Comment

• why did you pull the rears past the tires so far?

Comment

• Still going lower..... I think I'm gonna switch up to a 245 or 255 now since I have the room
                          GTS4-R

Comment

• nice, saw your car on zilvia intially!! just go 2" lower!
                            Biggest selection of Skyline CarbonFiber & FRP Aero in Canada. PM me.

Comment

• Looking to put a set of rims, but havent seen any specs that sit quiet right for what I am looking for. HCR32 GTS

8 or 8.5 with a +12 or so for the front
                              8.5 or 9 with a +38 or so for the rear

Would like to have 215 or so on the front, and 235 maybe 245 on the rear.

Any suggestions on it? Would like to avoid doing any rolling... But I am willing to do a bit if needed.
                              90 GTS (Project)

92 GTR For Sale

Comment

• i have a set of

Enkei RP01
                                17" 5x114.3
                                17x8+38

what size of tires can i go without rolling fenders 245/45/17 or 245/40/17 in the back and a little skinnier in the front.'

or would rolling fenders actually make it look better, with some bigger tires

R33 Skyline GTR VSPEC (White)
                                R32 Skyline GTS-T (Ztune Silver) - Sold

Comment

Working...
                                X