X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jessem View Post
    i would really like to hear everyones input on wheels for my car,
    my options are 17x9 +35 or +15 and 17x10 +35 or +25,
    im willing to do some rolling and mild pulling but i want a clean looking wheel that has some solid fitment and would fill out a aero kit nice. I think i may have to run a small spacer to dial the fitment in though.
    thanks

Have a look at mine. 17x9 +20, fairly low on 235's with a minor roll. Sits pretty flush. 17x10 +25 on a beefier tire will require some rolling/minor pull but not much. A 225 up front o the 17x9 +15 will fit no problem with a roll. I'm running -2.25 camber front, and -2 rear.
    '12 STi Sedan

Comment

tire

i have 17X9 oem R33 GTR wheels, and im in need of tires, but i would like to keep my speedometer as acurate as possible. i was thinking 255-40-17, is that too wide?? will the speedometer be off?? any advise would be great
      Being built...

Comment

Thanks burly, i was leaning towards the set up you mentioned, i do like the idea of a 10 wide in the back and i was kinda thinking a 9 wide +35 with a 10mm spacer in the front but after looking at yours i think i could get a +15 to fit with some lovin. then probably do a 225 in the front and 235 in the back
        Jesse
        1990 HCR32
        2006 Chev Silverado

Comment

As long as you are running a decently stiff coilover there shouldn't be a problem. My next route will be 18x10 on a 265 or wider, but thats a different story
          '12 STi Sedan

Comment

found some 18x10 +18 all around...i really WISHED they'd fit but how badly will it rub in the front? Mind you these are coming off a gtr and i'm thinking of putting them on my gts4. how much wider is the front fenders of a gtr? what do you guys think?
            '85 Toyota ae86 - sold
            '91 Skyline GTS-4 - current DD

Comment

Roll and pull my friend, roll and pull. You can make them fit

17x9 +20 fit on my car with 235/40's with a minor roll.
              '12 STi Sedan

Comment

I dont know if I can see 18x10+18 fitting on the front of a gts4. Prove me wrong, because that would look badass.

Comment

I've seen 18x10.5 +15 all around on a GTS-4. Massive roll and pull, but looked dirty.
                  '12 STi Sedan

Comment

Originally posted by allwheeldrifter View Post
                    i have 17X9 oem R33 GTR wheels, and im in need of tires, but i would like to keep my speedometer as acurate as possible. i was thinking 255-40-17, is that too wide?? will the speedometer be off?? any advise would be great
                    Use this site buddy, it will give you all the info, including how close aftermarket wheel will match with OEM speedometer but remember it's all theoretical http://www.wheelsmaster.com/rt_specs.jsp

That tire size you wrote is probably the closest

Comment

hm dont think i should risk the badass look then... i think i've had my fair share of wheels that don't fit without lots of work from my last car...its basically why i sold it.

18x8.5 +30 and 18x9.5 +15 will be safer i'm guessing?
                      '85 Toyota ae86 - sold

Comment

Originally posted by BurlyR32 View Post
                        I've seen 18x10.5 +15 all around on a GTS-4. Massive roll and pull, but looked dirty.
                        with what size tires though?
                        I think it is retarded when guy put a rim that big and have no tire backing it up. It may look cool but completely retarded when you actually want grip.

Comment

Originally posted by jmak View Post
                          hm dont think i should risk the badass look then... i think i've had my fair share of wheels that don't fit without lots of work from my last car...its basically why i sold it.

18x8.5 +30 and 18x9.5 +15 will be safer i'm guessing?
                          Yes, but since you have ATTESA, don't you need to run all 4 the same, right?

Comment

Originally posted by mcfly View Post
                            with what size tires though?
                            I think it is retarded when guy put a rim that big and have no tire backing it up. It may look cool but completely retarded when you actually want grip.
                            I think he was running 245's all around. It's the guy from the UK who built the GTS-4 on 18x10.5 RPF1's done in black.
                            '12 STi Sedan

Comment

Originally posted by dm1133 View Post
                              Yes, but since you have ATTESA, don't you need to run all 4 the same, right?
                              yea i heard that too...but i don't see why I HAVE to. its still rwd until the rears slip out or maybe i'm missing the whole point? What problems would I run into if i run staggered?
                              '85 Toyota ae86 - sold

Comment

Originally posted by jmak View Post
                                yea i heard that too...but i don't see why I HAVE to. its still rwd until the rears slip out or maybe i'm missing the whole point? What problems would I run into if i run staggered?
                                Dont run stagger on any 4wd car. Running staggered on a GTS-4 will make atessa kick in when it isnt supposed to and confuse the computer. It can wear out your transfer case if im not mistaken.

Comment

Working...
                                X