Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OK so i did some research (2 mins max on google) and found that diameter is the main issue. So as long as i keep the overall diameter I shouldn't run into any attessa problems. Now i need to know how sensitive the attessa is because i ran the tire size of choice through some calculator on 1010tires and it comes out to be a 0.23% in difference of diameter. If i'm limited to using same size on all fours then that probably means i can go 9inch widest =(.

Apparently stock IS250 AWD has the option of staggered?
    '85 Toyota ae86 - sold
    '91 Skyline GTS-4 - current DD

Comment

PM DJ, he was running an 18x10 and 18x9 stagger on his GTR.
      '12 STi Sedan

Comment

Originally posted by BurlyR32 View Post
        I've seen 18x10.5 +15 all around on a GTS-4. Massive roll and pull, but looked dirty.
        Im running 18x9.5 +12 all around on my GTS-4...... I had to rape the hell outta my fenders tho....looks SICK.... . ill have new pics up soon..... shes getting painted
        BTW running 225/40R18 for all the stretched tire haters
        GTS4-R

Comment

...pmed DJ...he's not running staggered
          '85 Toyota ae86 - sold

Comment

Sorry not DJ, I meant to say DRE.
            '12 STi Sedan

Comment

does anyone have 275 tires on 18x10.5 on their R33 GTS-T?

I know for GTR it fits; not to sure about gts-t's

http://www.importtuner.com/features/...33/index1.html

Comment

so i think i've narrowed it down to 18x9 and 18x10 both +20...probably run the same tire size ie. 245/35/18 to try and keep the diameter very close...
                get some gtr fenders to clear the fronts and rape the rear fenders to clear that

i should've remembered how much thinking is required for wheel fitment!

anyone see any potential problems i may run into now?
                '85 Toyota ae86 - sold

Comment

Originally posted by jmak View Post
                  so i think i've narrowed it down to 18x9 and 18x10 both +20...probably run the same tire size ie. 245/35/18 to try and keep the diameter very close...
                  get some gtr fenders to clear the fronts and rape the rear fenders to clear that

i should've remembered how much thinking is required for wheel fitment!

anyone see any potential problems i may run into now?
                  Don't bother running GTR fenders up front, it will look silly with 9" wide with +20 offset. I run 17x9 +20 all around on my GTS with a minor roll, so 18x9 +20 will be fine even with a 245.
                  '12 STi Sedan

Comment

Don't bother running GTR fenders up front, it will look silly with 9" wide with +20 offset. I run 17x9 +20 all around on my GTS with a minor roll, so 18x9 +20 will be fine even with a 245.
                    lol!...that makes me want to run 18x10 in the front now!
                    '85 Toyota ae86 - sold

Comment

Originally posted by jmak View Post
                      lol!...that makes me want to run 18x10 in the front now!

do it up man.
                      '12 STi Sedan

Comment

i know that this isnt for everyone,im runnin ...
                        19x9(24o/s) 19x10(22o/s) 235 35 front 245 35 rears
                        front was a crazy pull and reshape and rear pulled hard.
                        dropped as low as she woould go before it handled like shat.

Comment

hey how much did you guys pay to have your fenders rolled (looking to get some comparisons and not get ripped off) also i read that 17x9 +30 all around will fix w/o a roll but i assume would look pretty dirty... also is it possible to fit 18x9 all around (with 245) w/o a roll? im debating whether or not i wanna roll because money is kinda tight. Also if i went w/ 17x9 or 18x9 what you recomend for offsets w/ and w/o a roll.
                          (sorry i know this has been asked a million times just wanna see what you guys have to say)
                          thanks
                          -Ryan

Comment

Originally posted by rak123 View Post
                            hey how much did you guys pay to have your fenders rolled (looking to get some comparisons and not get ripped off) also i read that 17x9 +30 all around will fix w/o a roll but i assume would look pretty dirty... also is it possible to fit 18x9 all around (with 245) w/o a roll? im debating whether or not i wanna roll because money is kinda tight. Also if i went w/ 17x9 or 18x9 what you recomend for offsets w/ and w/o a roll.
                            (sorry i know this has been asked a million times just wanna see what you guys have to say)
                            thanks
                            -Ryan
                            I'm running 17x9 +20 with 235/40's on a basic fender roll (-2.25 camber front, -2 rear). fits nicely, could probably go wider. Next setup will be 18x9.5 and 18x10 +15-20ish on both.

There won't be very much difference between 18x9 and 17x9 (slight difference in the angle of the tire stretch, but very minor). I would run a lower offset if I were you. Check out either earlier pages of this thread, or my build thread for some pics.
                            '12 STi Sedan

Comment

I'm running 17x9 +20 with 235/40's on a basic fender roll (-2.25 camber front, -2 rear). fits nicely, could probably go wider. Next setup will be 18x9.5 and 18x10 +15-20ish on both.

There won't be very much difference between 18x9 and 17x9 (slight difference in the angle of the tire stretch, but very minor). I would run a lower offset if I were you. Check out either earlier pages of this thread, or my build thread for some pics.
                              actually i was considering your car back when i was in the market but decided on steves old gts... the new ones look nice. Ill take a good look through the earlier pages. But really the deciding factor is the cost of a fender roll (being a student money is tight *sigh* lol).
                              thanks for the info.

Comment

Fender rolling is cheap. PM Manny at FTP, he has a fender roller now. Would probably require you to do it yourself though.
                                '12 STi Sedan

Comment

Working...
                                X