Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Okay so it's coming close to time to buy tires for the wheels. I'm just waiting for hicas lock bar to arrive through greyhound and should be ordering RUCAS this week so I took a couple pictures with some test tires and the new stance suspension on to see if they should fit. So the rims are 17x9.5 +15 and tires are 225/45's. You're input will be greatly appreciated. Oh also the suspension is almost fully locked. I can go like an 1/8th of an inch lower on front and back. I'm kind of upset because I was really hoping I'd be able to go a lot lower with these coilovers. I couldn't get the stock lug nuts on the rims cuz they were too fat so the car is a tiny bit raised but barely. Also I'm planning on rolling fenders once car is aligned and I thought I was gonna have to do a slight pull but it doesn't really seem like it. So... here are the pics! All input and constructive criticism welcome!
    Front

Rear

Comment

• Looks really good, too bad it can't go any lower.

Comment

• Originally posted by GTS4-R View Post
        - 1990 R32 GTS-4 (HNR32)
        - Work Emotion XT7 18x9.5 +12mm Bronze
        - 225/45R18 Corsa

Rolled and pulled fenders..... 4.5inch drop.... (need another 1.5in to FULLY tuck! but i have these coilovers maxed out)

Do you have 9.5 in the front? How are they?
        BNR32- Sold
        1998 Evolution V

Comment

• Originally posted by dan5050 View Post
          Okay so it's coming close to time to buy tires for the wheels. I'm just waiting for hicas lock bar to arrive through greyhound and should be ordering RUCAS this week so I took a couple pictures with some test tires and the new stance suspension on to see if they should fit. So the rims are 17x9.5 +15 and tires are 225/45's. You're input will be greatly appreciated. Oh also the suspension is almost fully locked. I can go like an 1/8th of an inch lower on front and back. I'm kind of upset because I was really hoping I'd be able to go a lot lower with these coilovers. I couldn't get the stock lug nuts on the rims cuz they were too fat so the car is a tiny bit raised but barely. Also I'm planning on rolling fenders once car is aligned and I thought I was gonna have to do a slight pull but it doesn't really seem like it. So... here are the pics! All input and constructive criticism welcome!
          Front

Rear

So your probably only going to have to do a roll? Thats awesome. I am looking at the same size rims as you have but don't want to pull, only roll.
          Car looks awesome btw.
          BNR32- Sold
          1998 Evolution V

Comment

• Are 18's to big on a gts-t?
            I wanted to run these all around with just a roll... http://www.wheeldude.com/catalog/pro...oducts_id=6354
            I know 17x9 +20 fit with just a roll, should the 18x9 +20 fit? Or should I find 17's?
            BNR32- Sold
            1998 Evolution V

Comment

• is this a home made front lip? How'd you make it?

Comment

• 17" Zeit wheels
                Nitto Neo Gen Tires
                .......GTRCANADA.COM
                Canada's premier Skyline enthusiast club

Comment

• Originally posted by DreadedFist View Post
                  is this a home made front lip? How'd you make it?
                  Ya it's homemade. It's like rubber baseboard stuff for buildings that get wet. I dunno where you can get it but it works perfect. Probably really cheap too. I got it for free from a friend so I can't really tell you where to get it or how much it costs.

Comment

• Originally posted by quadracer111 View Post
                    Do you have 9.5 in the front? How are they?
                    yes 9.5 +12 all around.... theyre great! i pulled my fenders alot so now i have the room to switch up to 245's and tone down the camber some

Originally posted by quadracer111 View Post
                    Are 18's to big on a gts-t?
                    I wanted to run these all around with just a roll... http://www.wheeldude.com/catalog/pro...oducts_id=6354
                    I know 17x9 +20 fit with just a roll, should the 18x9 +20 fit? Or should I find 17's?
                    DO NOT BUY 17's they look way too small on r32.... look at those DNA's way too small!
                    +20 will fit nicely.... just roll the rears and slam it.... no pull will be needed
                    GTS4-R

Comment

• Awesome thank you.
                      The wheels I am looking at come in 18x9 +20, going to go with those all around, should be perfect.

Thanks
                      BNR32- Sold
                      1998 Evolution V

Comment

• here is my kouki on 18x9.5 +20
                        rolled rears no pull 235's all around
                        granted i need some coilovers to slam the car and tuck the wheels but the fitment it OK. just needs to be lower.... no body mods will be needs besides the roll.
                        s14 has very similar offset and fitment as gts r32

GTS4-R

Comment

• Originally posted by GTS4-R View Post

DO NOT BUY 17's they look way too small on r32.... look at those DNA's way too small!
                          +20 will fit nicely.... just roll the rears and slam it.... no pull will be needed
                          Ouch! I Love my DNAs. However, I agree 18s look better than 17s on our R32s. Also the DNAs are so heavy, my only complaint.
                          For anyone who wants a comparison, my DNAs 17x9 +30 Fronts, 17x9.5 +30 Rears with 5mm(For Frt Caliper clearance) spacers all around on a HCR are posted somewhere in this thread or another fitment thread on GTRC.

Comment

• Originally posted by quadracer111 View Post
                            Awesome thank you.
                            The wheels I am looking at come in 18x9 +20, going to go with those all around, should be perfect.

Thanks
                            I hope you aren't a fan of decent ride quality. 18's are going to sacrifice some of that

They're also going to be heavy as balls, unless you are a super baller and can afford volks or something. Remember that heavier wheels are going to have an affect on the car in every way. Acceleration, braking, handling, and even fuel economy.

Comment

• wheels = aesthetics unless ur a baller and get forged wheels.... you can always make up the power, handling and braking. i actually wish i went 18x9.5 and 19x10 on my s14.... but its too late now
                              GTS4-R

Comment

• Originally posted by DreadedFist View Post
                                I hope you aren't a fan of decent ride quality. 18's are going to sacrifice some of that

They're also going to be heavy as balls, unless you are a super baller and can afford volks or something. Remember that heavier wheels are going to have an affect on the car in every way. Acceleration, braking, handling, and even fuel economy.
                                Why is ride quality going to change? Im not like most guys here, this car is my DD, I don't care about braking, acceleration, ect. I could put 25'' wheels on this thing and it will still out brake, handle, and out accel. a plane jane honda civic.
                                Originally posted by GTS4-R View Post
                                wheels = aesthetics unless ur a baller and get forged wheels.... you can always make up the power, handling and braking. i actually wish i went 18x9.5 and 19x10 on my s14.... but its too late now
                                Wow... That s14 is just sex on wheels.. The s14 kouki is my favorite silvia/240 by far... You lucky guy you.
                                BNR32- Sold
                                1998 Evolution V

Comment

Working...
                                X