Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• your using very good logic there. I like it haha. But rim width plays a BIG part. cause -10 on a 7 inch wide rim will fit WAYYYYY different then -10 on a 11 inch wide rim.

use willtheyfit.com to get your proper fitment
    sigpic

Originally posted by m_melen
    ...it woulda been safer if his harness were made of jello

Comment

• Originally posted by Jezu21 View Post
      I'm running 18" volk GT7's

I have 18x9 +29 with 255's in the rear. And it sometimes rubs if I'm going normal speed and there's a big enough dip in the road(it happens more often if I have a passenger).

Would a roll fix this? Or a smaller tire maybe?

I'm getting new tires in the spring, and I'd like to have this problem fixed so I don't ruin them.

smaller tires and do a fender roll. its hitting the lip and its hitting your fender. you need to flare you fender out a bit if you doin't want to buy new tires. if you buy smaller tires you can probably reduce how much you have to roll the fenders
      Last edited by RHDskyline; 01-29-2011, 01:10 AM.
      sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by RHDskyline View Post
        your using very good logic there. I like it haha. But rim width plays a BIG part. cause -10 on a 7 inch wide rim will fit WAYYYYY different then -10 on a 11 inch wide rim.

use willtheyfit.com to get your proper fitment
        I know larger rim would be different, but considering that I want 9'' wide rim all around. Larger rim on front would look strange but lower offset on the same wide wheel could result in having a bigger lip in the front ( I think). Wonder if GTR and GTS-T have the same front ( same hub to hub distance on the front) I could use a proper fitment for gtr and go from there. For everything else there is always spacer.

Comment

• Well. A lower usually does result in a bigger lip or more dish. But thats just how a lot of wheels are made. If your going to run 9 inch wheels all around. your going to want a little bit of a lower offset for the rears.

I run 17x9 in the rear with +20 offset.(with spacers) and 17x8 in the front with about +25 with spacers. Fronts are perfect and so are the rears. If you have the "proper" size tire you will need a roll in the rear. If you run a bit of stretch you will be ok.

All depends on how low you are. and what kind of fitment you are looking for.

if you use willtheyfit.com. It gives you how much the wheel will stick out compared to your old wheels so you can estimate if 30mm overfenders will be needed. Great site
          sigpic

Comment

• I have a gtr front end waiting to be installed and I will go low. I know +20 in the back will make the rim poke a little and want the same result to the front ( keeping in mind i will have gtr fender installed) That why I have problem figuring how the same width wheel can have a good offset without looking strange. BTW the rear is alrealdy rolled. I think my best bet is having 9'' +20 all around with 30mm spacer in the front.

Comment

• i got some 18x9 +28 (front) and 18x9.5 +25 (rear) coming my way. Im thinking they are going to fit pretty darn good on my stock skyline
              sigpic

Comment

• Ok. Just another question.

Like I said earlier, I have 18" Volk GT7's. With 18x8(not sure of offset) with 225/40r18 in the front and 18x9 +29 with 255/35r18 in the rear.

It currently sits and looks like this:

This is the gap in the rear:

I would really like to go lower just to give it a better stance. I don't mind rolling the fenders. My buddy and I plan on doing that this spring. I would also be willing to go with a smaller tire.

So the question is, can I make it work without having to pull my fenders? What size tire should I go with?

Thanks for any help.
                Last edited by Jezu21; 02-13-2011, 08:57 PM.

Comment

• You should beable to make it work with your tires size now and a small roll, no pull.
                  Id keep your tires size and roll the fenders to fit though, dont sacrafice a small tire so you dont have to roll.
                  Jesse
                  1990 HCR32
                  2006 Chev Silverado

Comment

• hmm I am loving this fitment...

HKS Hypermax Coilovers
                    Advan Model 5 19x10 +19 (all 4)
                    245/35 Front Falken Azenis ST115 (brand new)
                    275/30 Rear Toyo Proxes T1S (brand new)
                    Rear Fenders have been rolled and slightly pulled (about 5mm) this set up does not rub under hard or soft driving!
                    Front Fenders have been rolled aswell.

Comment

• will 17x10 with 0 offset fit with gtr fenders in the front and 17x11 0 offset in the rear with 50mill overs or less? buying a skyline this summer and want it fitted properly lol
                      1990 Mazda Manyata (Turbo Miata 6psi 175whp 172wtq)
                      1991 Nissan Skyline GTR (13.5psi estimate of 320whp)

Comment

• Final fitment with front bumper and skirts. Rims finally fit without rubbing anywhere and look nice in my opinion.

18x9.5 +12 TE's. Rolled and pulled fenders. Removed front fender liners. Rolled back inner fender where skirt mounts and moulded skirt around it. Some other modding here and there but here it is.

That's all you get. Now if I ever get it finished and painted.
                        89 Nissan Skyline GTS-T (Sold)
                        98 Subaru Legacy 2.5GT (Sold)
                        2013 Toyota Venza V6 AWD Touring
                        1976 Datsun 280Z

Comment

• ^ at least give us a side shot! :P

Comment

• 350z rims
                            18x8 +30 225/45/18 front
                            18x8.5 +33 245/45/18 rear

small fender roll, still rubs when turning and bumps
                            Last edited by cnruff; 07-21-2011, 06:49 PM.

Comment

• hey guys so pretty soon i will be buying new rims. what size/ offset should i look for to fit my r32 gts. it is lowered little bit.
                              Check out Top Tier Imports. Sign up today! http://www.toptierimports.com
                              http://www.youtube.com/user/TopTierImports?feature=mhee

Comment

• Originally posted by esh View Post
                                ^ at least give us a side shot! :P
                                This one is for 'esh' because he asked for it. Don't mind the crappy cell phone pic and the wrong colour skirts that are being test fitted.

89 Nissan Skyline GTS-T (Sold)
                                98 Subaru Legacy 2.5GT (Sold)
                                2013 Toyota Venza V6 AWD Touring
                                1976 Datsun 280Z

Comment

Working...
                                X