Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Nelsonmxmarc 1993 GTSt Type-M Build / Tips-tricks for HCR32 (Skyleezy!)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Actually, setting up a relay and a clean fuel pump re-wire with the battery in the trunk (Relocated) it's super easy.. i may just do this;

I recently checked the voltage my fuel pumps were receiving. Voltages were consistently around 11.2v's. I zipped down to Jaycar and picked up.... 8GA OFC Red Power Cable x 6m 8GA OFC Black Power Cable x 1m FuseHolder x 1 5AG 30AMP Fuse x 2 60amp Horn Relay x 1 (Nice big terminals to suit the 8GA ...
    Check out the GTST Projects page and keep up to date with my build!
    www.nelsonmx.wordpress.com
    Like us on Facebook! www.facebook.com/NelsonMX
    Any part inquiries can be forwarded to marc@nelsonmx.com

Comment

• Originally posted by nelsonmxmarc View Post
      Did you ditch the voltage regulator and ground the 'white' wire? No issues im assuming?
      zero issues, pump is stable at 12.7V in boost on the dyno.

Comment

• Originally posted by M13 View Post
        zero issues, pump is stable at 12.7V in boost on the dyno.
        Cool beans, i'll try it out and see!

Comment

• Toyed with the idea of making a brake master cylinder stopper as the typical Cusco units are rather overpriced (100$ ballpark - http://www.rhdjapan.com/cusco-bcs-ki...-group-a-10798) , and being that I couldn't fathom the absolute necessity to have one, I figured it'd be best to see what could be made!

Using some steel flat bar, I managed to come up with this.

Disregard the weld 'neatness', as i had the feed set WAY too high and was in a rush amidst arranging a few personal issues.

Now, after i designed it and put it together, i completely left the strut brace out the equation! Fortunately, it all fit without an issue;

I've ground the welds and painted it black. For a prototype, i think it turned out quite well!

It's adjustable, as well.

If anyone's interested, more can be had for a very fair price
          Last edited by nelsonmxmarc; 02-02-2011, 12:51 PM.

Comment

• My fuel pump is wired directly to the battery I get around 14V when the car is on. Never had an issue.

Comment

• Originally posted by mitch32 View Post
              My fuel pump is wired directly to the battery I get around 14V when the car is on. Never had an issue.
              AW YOU'RE SO COOL MITCH!

LOL

How'd you run the wiring? Did you use the SAU guide or just ran 8awg wire to the existing fuel pump loom? In the case you'd need a relay otherwise it'd run constantly?

Comment

• what the point of that master cylinder thingy? what does it do?
                - Adam

:
                http://forums.gtrcanada.com/gts-project-cars/44846-project-nashzilla-r32-gt-t-neo.html

Comment

• i don't want to burst your bubble, but i doubt that brace will be ridgid enough
                  test it, pull on it (as if you pushed the brake pedal) with about 100lbs of force and look how much it bends
                  sigpic

[links to all chapters in first post]

Comment

• Adam, check this out! I did a somewhat, laments description here;

Frank, doesnt move one bit. Had the pedal to the floor, didn't deflect one bit. In fact, the bolt head imprinted itself into the BMC body. You can't dismiss the fact that it's 1/8th inch steel, and that the direction of force is contrary to the direction of its mount (Behind, and in a straight line). Had it been only the single piece of metal from the strut bolt down, then of course you'd see flex. The added benefit of structural support in the opposing direction adds the proper rigidity; it's effin stiff.

Mac book has no 'paint', or at least a substitute for paint, that i can see. So no drawings! But you get the point.

Comment

• yo where did u get ur digital vernier caliper? my stupid solar powered one got depleted, now it doesn't understand anything or display anything meaningful... its junk. lol
                      The SkyLife Community & News Website --> http://www.skylife4ever.com

Comment

• Originally posted by archaeic_bloke View Post
                        yo where did u get ur digital vernier caliper? my stupid solar powered one got depleted, now it doesn't understand anything or display anything meaningful... its junk. lol
                        mastercraft @ canadian tire
                        sigpic

[links to all chapters in first post]

Comment

• Originally posted by archaeic_bloke View Post
                          yo where did u get ur digital vernier caliper? my stupid solar powered one got depleted, now it doesn't understand anything or display anything meaningful... its junk. lol

I have the older model of this guy! Minus the flashy ruler .. lol

Very nice, and accurate, no issues whatsoever.

Yea, i can imagine solar powered tools work GREAT in the darkness of a workshop. I know what to get you for xmas now!!! UV lights

Comment

• Originally posted by frankiman View Post
                            mastercraft @ canadian tire
                            Thats the one that doesn't work!! hahahahah mastercraft fail on the solar powered caliper.

yo marc, where can i buy the Fowler? thats what I need... I need a really good accurate one,
                            The SkyLife Community & News Website --> http://www.skylife4ever.com

Comment

• ebay, best bet. Pricey in retail stores ~160$ i think.

Comment

• Fowler is best bang for buck IMO.

For the fuel pump I just wired straight from the battery to the pump with a relay, the relay gets signal from the original wires which I'm gonna change (to signal from ecu). I used 12gauge wire.

Comment

Working...
                                X