Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Nelsonmxmarc 1993 GTSt Type-M Build / Tips-tricks for HCR32 (Skyleezy!)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Skym View Post
    Aftermarket SARD fuel rail (works with Denso injectors) with entry on the front of fuel rail -

More Japan was founded in 2003 as a special service for importing rare, hard to find JDM parts from a select group of special Japanese automotive performance manufacturers. We import these parts directly from the manufacturer, and they come in all of their original packaging, straight from the manufacturer.

Can be run the same way as stock fuel rail, but can remote mount the FPR's.

Here's some flow data to show that angling throttle body towards 3, 4 cylinders, shape of plenum is critical to correct flow into runners, cylinders -

As far as I know, you can do flow testing in Solid works that people use when designing parts.

The intake plenum that M13 has on his RB20DET is close to perfect.
    yeah that rail is what i run.

Thx for the complement, I read that info during the planning of my build. Some people leaned out cylinder 5 and 6 bc they received far more air than 1 or 2 w/ the home made plenums. At the end of the day, I spent 400-500 on the custom plenum I have, and am glad to see ppl like Supraclean asked me diligently about them and made the jump to get his own.

Comment

• Pfffft it's overrated
      I eventually plan to design one using the oem mount, but we'll see..

Anyways! So my method was to simply saw off the mounts, flip it around and weld them on the underside. That way the rear mount, which is directly outwards, clears.

Instead.. I turned the tb around.. Lol
      Which made for a great mounting point for my throttle cable..

I'll post pics when I get home
      Check out the GTST Projects page and keep up to date with my build!
      www.nelsonmx.wordpress.com
      Like us on Facebook! www.facebook.com/NelsonMX
      Any part inquiries can be forwarded to marc@nelsonmx.com

Comment

• hey marc, take a quick look at this ( Working my extractor)

Need detailing done to your car? I'm open to travel to detail your car :

http://forums.gtrcanada.com/group-buys/54899-ontario-cobraa-detailing-group-buy.html

Please follow my works and latest news/promotion at : https://www.facebook.com/Waxxonspa || Waxxon.com ||

Comment

• Voila

I welded an aluminum bracket underneath to adjust the tb cable tension as well. Threaded the insert so it's fully adjustable as stock!

I'll get more pics of this when i get some free time.

Comment

• Hey Marc, that's seriously a beautiful engine, it really shows TLC.
            1992 BNR32 SKYLINE GTR

Comment

• that an oem fuel pressure regulator? never seen one
              - Adam

:
              http://forums.gtrcanada.com/gts-project-cars/44846-project-nashzilla-r32-gt-t-neo.html

Comment

• Has anyone else done a relocation of the TB like that? The one think I would be worried about is possible lack of airflow to the 1 and 6 cyl.

TROL

Comment

• Adam, yea it's OEM..

It's debatable. A lot of people assume cyl 1 runs rich, and 5 / 6 will lean out, but just based on air properties and air under pressure, it shouldn't affect much.

In theory, runners 3 and 4 should be lean stock, since the entry point is directly pinned at them; however this is not the case..

We'll see on the dyno; pull the plugs and keep an eye on stuff to see as well. I'm sure it'll be fine!

RB25 guys in AUS do this quite often, but i'm almost 100% sure this is the first RB20 plenum mod done! (Different sized plenums)

Comment

• Engine goes in tomorrow
                    Turbo is still out for rebuild

These just came in though, to keep me busy.

Install, along with toe, camber and castor DIY adjustment will be up soon!

Comment

• She's in!!

Everything's hooked up, minus coolant lines to the heater core and throttle cable..

Now awaiting turbo..

Tonight i'll finish off the suspension components and see how it sits.. I may need to roll the rear at -1.5 degrees, since right now it fits and as far as i can tell it's about -3 degrees and just scraping by..

Once the turbo's in, i'll hook up my oilcooler and turbo lines! Need to program in my Z32 maf through Nistune to offset the MAF voltage, than i should be able to drive it around, keeping off high boost (huge lean condition for sure) for the mean time..

Comment

• hey marc, could i come back this sunday to film some more?
                        sigpic

[links to all chapters in first post]

Comment

• Of course!
                          I'll be super hung over / still drunk / in a coma, so feel free to pop in!

What time you figure?

Comment

• early afternoon i guess, ill txt you an hour in advance
                            sigpic

[links to all chapters in first post]

Comment

• Lookin good!
                              1/1_Scale
                              パーソナリティは、1つを得る

Comment

• Sounds good Frank!

Thanks man, she's coming along... Slowly but surely!

Comment

Working...
                                X